NEWS Hurting Broncos facing Maroon blackout

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Matt gillett b0qk7i8uzq8u1jymzjvnwx0ei

State of Origin 2018: Battling Broncos might not have a single player in Maroons team

April 30, 2018

Source: Courier Mail

Last edited by a moderator:
How? You mustn’t watch dragons games ..

I watch every game and Hunt is doing nothing different there than he was here, the exact same performances that had most kicking him out the door. Difference is he is doing it behind an absolutely dominating forward pack. It’s still the same Ben Hunt that gives away 7 tackle sets, fades in and out of games, makes the wrong decision at crucial times and crumbles under the pressure of big games.

I watch every game and Hunt is doing nothing different there than he was here, the exact same performances that had most kicking him out the door. Difference is he is doing it behind an absolutely dominating forward pack. It’s still the same Ben Hunt that gives away 7 tackle sets, fades in and out of games, makes the wrong decision at crucial times and crumbles under the pressure of big games.

Fair enough. I agree with the 7 tackle sets and playing behind a dominant pack but not so much on the fading in and out of games. Some killer plays lately at crucial times like the try on h/t on Anzac Day.

Personally happy for the guy and if he gets a go it will be well deserved in my view.

Good!!! Best news!!

But aren’t we the top QLD team at the moment? Weird we wouldn’t get one player. Surely Oates will be there.

I got a feeling Oates might get a run, especially if he repeats what he did against South's near selection. That was pretty convincing.
Otherwise, I can't see anyone else. Even the likes of bird and Roberts seem a little distant from selection, based on current form.

I don't think Oates is going to get picked. Bench spot is 99% between Hunt and Morgan IMO, and the wing will be between Holmes and Boyd. In a perfect world, only McGuire gets picked.

Roberts won’t get picked. Now that Dugan is injured I’d say Mitchell and Aiken will be the centre pairing. Lol if they pick Bird anywhere. Just as bad as Hunt being picked for QLD if you ask me.

Roberts won’t get picked. Now that Dugan is injured I’d say Mitchell and Aiken will be the centre pairing. Lol if they pick Bird anywhere. Just as bad as Hunt being picked for QLD if you ask me.
See I'm happy with that decision but personally I think you'd have to have rocks in your head no to pick the Jet, he would thrive in origin

Lol and this is supposed to be bad news to us

Lol who the **** cares. Oh wait Kent and Co will use this as an anti Bennett angle

Kent: "Weakest Broncos team in years!!! Not one player has made the squad, the place is in a shambles!!"
Crawley: "Well there is such a thing as the salary cap mate. They've been criticised for years for having too many rep players.....now they don't have enough? Let's not forget as well that Gillo and McGuire are both injured and NSW have an aversion to picking Broncos."
Kent: "I don't give a shit, Bennett's lost the dressing room and he left the Knights in a shambles. ****"

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Gaz
  • Strop
  • phoenix
  • Santa
  • Alec
  • johnny plath
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • dasherhalo
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
  • Footy Fanatic
  • davidp
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncones
  • Culhwch
  • Robboi_321
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.