Ideas on how to stop players Leaving our code.

D

dandan

BRL Player
May 3, 2009
I Just thought of starting a thread on how or what ideas we can come up with to keep the best players in the game.
Lets try and keep it constructive.

My ideas would be:

Once you sign your Rugby league contract, you are signed to rugby league for the rest of your careers. If you do happen to sign with another code, you will never be able to play in the NRL again.

Its quite simple, Falou knews earn the money, if i fail i can always come back and earn good money, lets not give them the option.

No salary cap on a player that debuts for your club, for example Lockyer or Alex Glenn

Re: Ideas on how to stop players exodus.

Exodus is a pretty harsh word for it really. All codes lose a few stars every year. No biggy.

Exodus is a pretty harsh word for it really. All codes lose a few stars every year. No biggy.

Lol i dont really see AFL or Rugby Losing players, the only players rugby are losing are the League boys who are coming back.

But a player a year to Union or AFL is an exodus?

Nashy is correct. Exodus is far too dramatic.

ex·o·dus

–noun
a going out; a departure or emigration, usually of a large number of people

Gus says it's an exodus, it's an exodus.

Ball and chain perhaps??

It never went off topic. It's not an exodus.

More money in the game would be a start, there is no exodus 2 players left to play AFL because 2 new teams are forming.

Loyalty payments, more money won't do anything because it will just go to the marquee players of each club.
A loyalty system would mean keeping valuable experienced players could be done but not at the expense of the clubs best player(s).

broncospwn said:
more money won't do anything because it will just go to the marquee players of each club.

And what is wrong with that? All great sports/teams have that 1 highly paid superstar.

dandan said:
I Just thought of starting a thread on how or what ideas we can come up with to keep the best players in the game.
Lets try and keep it constructive.

My ideas would be:

Once you sign your Rugby league contract, you are signed to rugby league for the rest of your careers. If you do happen to sign with another code, you will never be able to play in the NRL again.

Its quite simple, Falou knews earn the money, if i fail i can always come back and earn good money, lets not give them the option.

No salary cap on a player that debuts for your club, for example Lockyer or Alex Glenn

That might work in mother Russia but restraint of trade to the max!!!

No salary cap on a player that debuts for your club - any player who ever comes through your system just put htem on the bench for 1 game give them 5 minutes you can have them for life if they are awesome or toss them to the curb if they turn out shit, no club would be able to afford to buy players because they would be paying their best players who debuted for their club ridiculous amounts.

draggx said:
broncospwn said:
more money won't do anything because it will just go to the marquee players of each club.

And what is wrong with that? All great sports/teams have that 1 highly paid superstar.
If you look at this list of who has left the game most of them are not marquee players so yeah it will help marquee players but in the overall scheme of things most of the players leaving the game aren't "marquee" it's just that it's more noticeable when they lave the game. Simply raising the cap won't help keep those middle-tier players who are the ones who are really leaving the game in high numbers.

To keep players from leaving the game the caps needs to not only rise significantly it also needs to reward loyalty so middle-tier players getting on in age don't get squeezed out for younger star players.

No salary cap. If some clubs can't afford to compete financially tough - survival of the fittest!!!!

But realistically how many clubs will go down the drain? I reckon half the competition couldn't survive without a salary cap!

broncospwn said:
But realistically how many clubs will go down the drain? I reckon half the competition couldn't survive without a salary cap!

And new clubs backed by private owners will rise from the ashes.

broncospwn said:
draggx said:
broncospwn said:

If you look at this list of who has left the game most of them are not marquee players so yeah it will help marquee players but in the overall scheme of things most of the players leaving the game aren't "marquee" it's just that it's more noticeable when they lave the game. Simply raising the cap won't help keep those middle-tier players who are the ones who are really leaving the game in high numbers.

Hunt,Izzy,SBW and Gas could all be marquee players if every club had space in the cap to have one.

Active Now

• Organix
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.