If Hunt leaves - Hodges to FB?

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Beads6 said:
Beale is a better prospect than Hoffman IMO.... I'd be happy to see either go well though but I'd prefer Beale to be our number 1 next season.

Beale strikes me more as a centre then a fullback.

+1

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
BroncoMatt said:
Beads6 said:
Beale is a better prospect than Hoffman IMO.... I'd be happy to see either go well though but I'd prefer Beale to be our number 1 next season.

Beale strikes me more as a centre then a fullback.

Nah Beale was pretty good under the high ball against Manly I think he could be better, I also thinke Beale has more ball handling skills than Hoffman.

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I didn't say those players helped with his 'high ball' work - you get what I mean. Look at our 06 team and how many veterans we had in that!

It's a different team now - a rookie fullback in a very young team is totally different to hunt's scenario in the years before.

Anyway - it looks like Hoffman and Beale seem to be favourites amongst you guys. Has Beale played first grade? I must admit I didn't pay attention to names during the baby broncos game this year.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Beale played against Manly this season.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Look if we could afford to buy a Slater or a Bowen or someone to replace Hunt, great. But frankly our prop stocks are shit house so we need to direct our money that way and rely on our talented youth.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
I reckon in a few years Hoffman could be a similar player to what Bowen is now (or a couple of years ago anyway) he seems to have good speed and footwork.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Hoffman is slower than a wet weak Beale has the pace we need...

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Coxy said:
Beads6 said:
Hoffman is slower than a wet weak Beale has the pace we need...

Hunt's not exactly a speedster.

I know this but Hunt has ball playing skils which to a degree make up for his lack of speed.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Well given Beale and Hoffman have each had one game at fullback this year, Hoffman IMO was the better performer.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I am not saying Hoffman was bad or that I wouldn't be happy with him playing fullback I just think Beale could possibly offer the team more. Wouldn;t really know either way until they both develop more anyway.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Fair enough. And I just think Beale is more suited to the centres. Unfortunately for him there's half a dozen other players in the Broncos system at the moment who are capable in that area too.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Also ROCKY if I loved pace so much I'd be a strom fan and jiss over Billy Slater all the time wouldn't I.....

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
ningnangnong said:
Hammoz said:
Hoffman is going to struggle big time in the NRL if he doesn't learn an aerial game IMO

Oh no, it was his first game this season and the games most experienced player beat him in the air. He must be really shit under the high ball.

Bit early to assume he's terrible at dealing with aerial raids.

I wouldn't call Steve Price an experienced aerial player. Also, FTR, I was talking about his performance in this game and last season, when he once again had struggled in the air.

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Cool.

I love BHQ;
Hammoz said:
Hoffman is going to struggle big time in the NRL if he doesn't learn an aerial game IMO

ningnangnong said:
Oh no, it was his first game this season and the games most experienced player beat him in the air. He must be really shit under the high ball.

Bit early to assume he's terrible at dealing with aerial raids.

KneeJerk

[icon_razz1

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
Well after Hunt is gone (assuming he is) I wouldn't mine some real pace. I love Khunt but if we don't have him I'd love to see another Bronco speedy gonzales fullback. Wouldn't mind at all.

L

lyn

QCup Player
May 6, 2008
lockyer47 said:
Well after Hunt is gone (assuming he is) I wouldn't mine some real pace. I love Khunt but if we don't have him I'd love to see another Bronco speedy gonzales fullback. Wouldn't mind at all.
All of our backups are fast. Well faster than hunt atleast.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Johnny92
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Swordfish
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Culhwch
  • Galah
  • Alec
  • RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • Battler
  • Spooky1013
  • Tmac
  • FACTHUNT
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.