VOTE If Walters is the wrong man for the job?

Who should be our coach if Walters is gone

• Total voters
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
I think what we do is replace his assistant coaches with the best possible candidates, possibly even a future head coach, allowing Kev the token position of Broncos head coach. Then we set up systems around Kev that prepare for his exit.

In the off-season after 2022 (unless we are top 6), we publicly celebrate the amazing work Kev has done during the rebuild and how he’s set the club up for much future success, and we let him walk off into the sunset.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
I think what we do is replace his assistant coaches with the best possible candidates, possibly even a future head coach, allowing Kev the token position of Broncos head coach. Then we set up systems around Kev that prepare for his exit.

In the off-season after 2022 (unless we are top 6), we publicly celebrate the amazing work Kev has done during the rebuild and how he’s set the club up for much future success, and we let him walk off into the sunset.
Better run this by Tallis first.

ZTop

ZTop

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Feb 28, 2016
Why is anyone voting for wane, the guy is a numptie, dropped Herbie from the English squad for no good reason at all

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
That's a pretty terrible list all things considered, but if I was forced to narrow it down, it would be a three horse race between Flanagan, Morris and Toovey. The rest are either proven plods or narcissistic ***** I don't want anywhere near the club.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
My U8's coach goes alright.
You play under 8’s?

636AECC5 E88C 4044 AC65 8908FCED6DE0

HarryAllan7

HarryAllan7

QCup Player
Jul 20, 2017
I'd take Wayne back in a second, but I don't think it's realistic. Nor is Bellamy.

I'd happily see Flanagan given another shot here and wouldn't be against Neil Henry, who I think showed himself as more than capable and its very surprising he hasn't been given another chance yet. Same with Michael Hagan, who was the brains behind Mal's run at Origin level.

The Walker brothers really intrigue me. Their forward thinking and aggressive style is perfectly suited to this new type of NRL we're stuck with. The short line drop-out is a no brainer for defensively solid teams and I am mystified at how teams like Melb and Roosters haven't perfected it to the point where they're at least 50:50 to get the ball back on every drop-out... I have no doubt that it will go that way in the future. Having said that, I haven't seen enough to know if they can really take their philosophies to the next level, and there's also the risk that PVL gets booted overnight, 6 again rules get rolled back and suddenly the game changes away from what suits the Walker brothers down to the ground.

Overall, I think if we can't have a legendary man manager like Wayne, then we really need someone that has an elite understanding of the game. Commentators like Cronk and Ennis (love them or loathe them) have razor sharp insight into how the game is played, as well as a constantly shifting, dynamic view on trends that are emerging and new ways to be competitive. I feel like alot of the coaches on this list lack that level of cutting edge insight - and its not secret who these coaches are... the ones still using their 13 as a battering ram 3rd front rower, instead of as a ball-playing middle who can link both sides of the field and create opportunities around the ruck for their playmakers.

It's going to take more than a love of the club and the ability to deliver a passionate spray to move this club forward... we've looked completely off the pace in terms of our structures and gameplans for years now and we need to adapt.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
That's a pretty terrible list all things considered, but if I was forced to narrow it down, it would be a three horse race between Flanagan, Morris and Toovey. The rest are either proven plods or narcissistic ***** I don't want anywhere near the club.
Toovey is just Manly Walters

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Why is anyone voting for wane, the guy is a numptie, dropped Herbie from the English squad for no good reason at all
Just to clarify......

Do you mean Wayne Bennett....?

Or

Shaun Wane.......?

Unread

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Porthoz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Griffo
  • pennywisealfie
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tim K
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • BroncosAlways
  • broncsgoat
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • Harry Sack
  • Bucking Beads
  • mystico
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.