If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it be?

Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

Brett Stewart or Barba for me.

Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play in the halves, who would it

I've got to be honest. If I saw Gallen or B. Stewart in a Broncos jersey I'd be filthy. They'd be up there with Mundine for me. Talented players, sure, but too entrenched with NSW and their respective clubs to like.

Sucks that he got to ride our 97 coat-tails. If there was one player that didn't deserve a premiership it was him.

Last edited:

If I could kick out any player, Thaiday/Norman/Hoffman.

Paul Gallen. The best forward I have seen play the game and if there is anyone who bleeds for his club, state and country its Gallen.

Gallen? Best forward ever? I know you're young but even in your life time there's been better forwards than Gallen. Webcke, Civoniceva, Tallis to name but 3.

Old Mate, I know you're probably still upset with Thaidays performance this year, but I think it's poor that you to wan't him gone. He had rough year. Most likely because of injuries. However, I am in no way using that as an excuse since every player has to play injured. He won back to back dally m's for second rower in 2010 and 2011. I just don't think you should give up on him so easily.

Yeah I don't get the Sam hate. He played injured all of 2012. If he gets himself right for 2013 I expect him to go back to his great form of 2010-11.

He shouldn't be captain though.

Paul Gallen. The best forward I have seen play the game and if there is anyone who bleeds for his club, state and country its Gallen.

Ha ha ha ha ........ good one. :laugh:

Ben Barba. Ever since Alf left we haven't played like the Broncos of the early 90's. The throw it around in your own 10 daring and exciting attack was what made the broncos so great to watch, and no modern player embodies that spirit more than Barba.

Re: If you could sign anyone to the club who doesn't play

Barba without a doubt

Slater, due to not needing Cam quite as much. Gallen's stats are a bit of a myth like Parkers he makes very cheap angled wide metres running at little guys. Great but not as great as his stats suggest, game 3 last year Civo demonstrated what a great prop does more meters in less runs and less minutes. Also Gallen has been "great" for about 3 years Civo was great for about 10.

Slater, due to not needing Cam quite as much. Gallen's stats are a bit of a myth like Parkers he makes very cheap angled wide metres running at little guys. Great but not as great as his stats suggest, game 3 last year Civo demonstrated what a great prop does more meters in less runs and less minutes. Also Gallen has been "great" for about 3 years Civo was great for about 10.

One is a prop and the other is a second rower that occasionally plays prop...

One is a prop and the other is a second rower that occasionally plays prop...

Yep the game I compared they were both props. Also I was comparing two forwards generally when saying Civo has been great for far longer and was then talking specifically about his stats being inflated especially when he plays lock over an 80 game. Understand?

Yep the game I compared they were both props. Also I was comparing two forwards generally when saying Civo has been great for far longer and was then talking specifically about his stats being inflated especially when he plays lock over an 80 game. Understand?

Yeah fair call mate

If karmichael hunt was used to rugby I'd say him. We lack an organizer and fullback. Cam smith fixes the lack of organiser but our hooker is arguably the third best in nrl. Currently I don't think any of our fbk options cut it. Hodges is too old, Hoffman is only good for kick returns and I think Norman and capewell will only ever be almost there. I don't want Billy he is too dirty to be a bronco. Notice how frequently he gets sin binned. Gi is probably the best current option. He is too much of an individual to be perfect but he can fill in for Hodges and we now have prince which makes an organizer less important.

I don't think McCullough is the 3rd best hooker in the game. He gets a lot of praise but in reality he's done SFA in first grade besides play a lot of games. I hope he does turn into one of the best but basically every year I read the same thing about McCullough being a star but he's just above average IMO. I hope this year is his year because we really need a player who can standout and be a leader and he has the experience to do that.

I don't think McCullough is the 3rd best hooker in the game. He gets a lot of praise but in reality he's done SFA in first grade besides play a lot of games. I hope he does turn into one of the best but basically every year I read the same thing about McCullough being a star but he's just above average IMO. I hope this year is his year because we really need a player who can standout and be a leader and he has the experience to do that.

Agreed. I'd probably have him in the bottom half at this stage.

Well the hookers I think are ahead of him are Cam Smith, Robbie Farah, Matt Ballin, Michael Ennis, Isaac Luke (as much as he's a grub).

I think he's pretty close with the likes of Kevin Kingston and Jake Friend. None of the others in the NRL are as good, IMO.

If karmichael hunt was used to rugby I'd say him. We lack an organizer and fullback. Cam smith fixes the lack of organiser but our hooker is arguably the third best in nrl. Currently I don't think any of our fbk options cut it. Hodges is too old, Hoffman is only good for kick returns and I think Norman and capewell will only ever be almost there. I don't want Billy he is too dirty to be a bronco. Notice how frequently he gets sin binned. Gi is probably the best current option. He is too much of an individual to be perfect but he can fill in for Hodges and we now have prince which makes an organizer less important.

In regards to the 'third best hooker in the game', while I agree you can't say that around here, that s*** simply won't fly

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Old Mate
  • Morkel
  • The Strapper
  • john1420
  • arieals
  • Fozz
  • Shane Tronc
  • Wolfie
  • sooticus
  • Astro
  • Allo
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • jd87
  • Browny
  • Justwin
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.