OPINION If you had to take a bet on who will be the next player to get a statue at Lang who would it be?

Who do you think will be the next player to get a statue at Lang Park?

• Total voters
Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I put two options only(QLDers, long termers or players who might push us to greatness) because I can actually see atm it both happening at the same time.

My bet being Patty and Reece, I think both will get one and at the minimum at least one of them.

I put realistic options only, fight me you know I'm right.

Yea I think there are a lot of past players who should get a statue first, but if we're going just from the current squad it would be safe to assume Carrigan, Walsh and even Mam would have a good chance.

If Hass played for qld, he would be at the top of the list though.

I feel like it had to be someone who captains QLD to many victories, and probably has to captain the Broncos to multiple championships too. It might be Reece Walsh if he matures and keeps improving dramatically and he stays at the Broncos for the rest of his career AND the side remains good fo the rest of his career. Can't see it being anyone else on that list.

Anthony Milford, we are talking about the local Maccas restaurant right?

It was quite difficult to narrow my selections. For me though, it has to be a toss up between Nashy, Kimlo & Santa.

I think for a statue to be coming from this current group they would need to have a sustained period of success with multiple premierships.

That would be brilliant from a fans perspective, but is a long way off as yet.

I would agree @Santa that Brigginshaw is a good chance given she led us to 3 premierships back to back.

The QRL and stadiums Queensland do the walkway statues so it will never be a Blue.

Origin career is the ultimate decider.
Unless you are John Eales? Or part of the Matildas ?

if Walsh gets a few premierships with us I think he is at the top of the list. I’m pretty confident that he will be at the broncos for the rest of his career and he is already the biggest star in the NRL

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.