NEWS Impotent numpties-in-chief cower behind Seibold's contract

Seriously, what is it with this board and 'reviews'.

What came of that big, insightful review that was apparently supposed to happen last year after the Eels bent us sideways? What then is the point of Locky's current review? How could all these reviews possibly lead to precisely zero action?

Johnsy couldn't be more on point, the entire board and the environment it has fostered needs removing ASAP. And I would argue that it's removal is more urgent than the coach.

What absolute waste of time this is turning out to be.

Reviews are what every board does. Not just in sports, as well.

They have end of year reviews, just like the one last year that resulted in several changes being made. And now they are going to have another at the end of the year, and then next year and so on.

Seriously, what is it with this board and 'reviews'.
Maybe they need to be put "on notice" again.

Screenshot 2020 07 21 White Everyone is on notice after copping medicine
Screenshot 2020 07 21 Find form or face the sack Broncos put on notice

Mate White has fucked this club dry, how on earth can you still be defending him?

because his job is the business side of the organisation ... and he has done his job superbly. as fans we generally only give a shit about results on the field, we don't look at the whole picture.

people are upset about current results, and rightly so (i'm as devastated as anyone). but that isn't entirely on White. the recommendation to appoint seibs was from a committee that included Lockyer and Morris.

Seibs hasn't done well, partly due to player contracts from numpties, which white had a hand in, but only at the urging of the former coach (who at the time of signing them was unlikely to exit the club in the foreseeable future)

seibs position will be reviewed at seasons end ... and i fully expect 2020 to be his last year in charge. there is no point sacking him now unless we are desperate to sign Paul Green (who is about the best coach on the market right now) ... in fact despite the lip service given, the board are probably looking at their options right now, both in Australia and overseas.

BTW, i was reading the other day that Seibs contract was 4 years with an option for a 5th in the clubs favour

Reviews are what every board does. Not just in sports, as well.

They have end of year reviews, just like the one last year that resulted in several changes being made. And now they are going to have another at the end of the year, and then next year and so on.

Of course.

The honchos have continued to make a point about them though, and yet no meaningful action (especially last year. Our failings at all levels, IMO, aren't a new 2020 problem). Just follow process, conduct reviews and steady as she goes.

That's largely my beef with them.

Agree but what I don't get is why they don't simply direct the board to move the coach on.
That would be far less painful all round instead of death by a thousand cuts all played out in the public arena.
In my view seibold will be moved on after white is gone, probably in the off season. I just hope most of the board follow.
Two other comments also annoyed me.
1. Saying Siebold is and will remain our coach doesn't mean jack shit after saying similar things about Bennett in 2018. I believed them then I don't now.
2. Saying we are not in a rebuilding phase and then in the next breath that we remain in the market to strengthen our roster sounds contradictory. Yes I know all clubs are arguably always looking to strengthen their roster but given the state ours is in anyone can see it needs rebuilding.
Point one I totally agree with because he was prepared to lie straight to the media and fans about WB and now his words of support are meaningless.

Point 2 I agree with him, we're not rebuilding. The house anology works here. We need alterations and not a ground up rebuild. The addition of two or three experienced hard nuts, 27-30 years old and a new old school coach will see us back in the 8 and knocking on the 4. My pick would be Flanagan and I'd seek a reduction in his penalty ( hardship, time served, contrition, bribery ha ha) whatever I'd think would work.

****, we'd be a force under that ****. Hard edge but the troops respond to him.

White can no longer be believed. That doesn't change the facts about a rebuild I believe.

Of course.

The honchos have continued to make a point about them though, and yet no meaningful action (especially last year. Our failings at all levels, IMO, aren't a new 2020 problem). Just follow process, conduct reviews and steady as she goes.

That's largely my beef with them.

Seems to me there was quite a bit of action from last years review. They did what they could do. Unless I just dreamed it.

It hasn't worked out, but that doesn't mean they sat on their asses and just did nothing. That's a topic for the next review at the end of the year where further changes will be made.

Seems to me there was quite a bit of action from last years review. They did what they could do. Unless I just dreamed it.

It hasn't worked out, but that doesn't mean they sat on their asses and just did nothing. That's a topic for the next review at the end of the year where further changes will be made.
Can someone articulate what those changes were?

Move boyd to centre and take away captaincy?

Maybe I missed something?

you do realize the AGM is a SHAREHOLDERS meeting right ...

his speech would have been tailored to them ... their main focus is financial.

if he was talking to fans, he would likely have said something different.

he also stated that all employees have their performance reviewed at the end of next year.

losing White next year is dangerous for the club, especially if we get the wrong replacement (like Ikin)
Absolutely, the shareholders wouldn't be interested in the club's product being terribly terribly devalued with record breaking loss after record breaking loss. I mean if we manage to only come fifteenth this year Nine would be sure to put us on as many FTA games as possible, right? KIA would likely pay more for their sponsorship if we imitate their brand's core values of being flimsy, essily broken and the second-worst product in a crowded market. Especially not the shareholders who specificallyasked questions about the side of the business which actually makes the money and were fobbed off.

Without White who's going to give out overly long contracts riddled with player options? Sign up useless coaches to multi million dollar deals with no performance clauses then give out a misleading answer when asked about it in an interview? Surely we'll never be able to find anyone else in the world to turn a profit at the only NRL club in a big rugby league town.

I could have a quick look but I’m better off asking you knowledgeable folks, when did we become a publicly traded company?

I could have a quick look but I’m better off asking you knowledgeable folks, when did we become a publicly traded company?

official listing date on the ASX is 12/05/1989

Absolutely, the shareholders wouldn't be interested in the club's product being terribly terribly devalued with record breaking loss after record breaking loss. I mean if we manage to only come fifteenth this year Nine would be sure to put us on as many FTA games as possible, right? KIA would likely pay more for their sponsorship if we imitate their brand's core values of being flimsy, essily broken and the second-worst product in a crowded market. Especially not the shareholders who specificallyasked questions about the side of the business which actually makes the money and were fobbed off.

Without White who's going to give out overly long contracts riddled with player options? Sign up useless coaches to multi million dollar deals with no performance clauses then give out a misleading answer when asked about it in an interview? Surely we'll never be able to find anyone else in the world to turn a profit at the only NRL club in a big rugby league town.
Exactly. People keep focusing on the amount of the payout if it happens but what about the losses the business will suffer if the club continues down this track.

Many more millions lost than the couple they will have to fork out as severance to Seibs not to mention an extended period to win back the fans and fill the stadium again.

Financially it makes more sense to part ways with Seibs than to persist.

Exactly. People keep focusing on the amount of the payout if it happens but what about the losses the business will suffer if the club continues down this track.

Many more millions lost than the couple they will have to fork out as severance to Seibs not to mention an extended period to win back the fans and fill the stadium again.

Financially it makes more sense to part ways with Seibs than to persist.
You raise a good point, because of covid they aren’t seeing the true damage of ticket sales compared to if it was a normal season. I’d venture to say ticket sales would have dropped by 1/4 minimum probably more and over a full season or two, ouch!
The fans are turned off by the “way” we’re loosing not that we’re loosing, why would I pay money to watch players who can’t do the most basic of things correctly or drop their bundles after one try conceded.

Last edited:
You raise a good point, because of covid they aren’t seeing the true damage of ticket sales compared to if it was a normal season. I’d venture to say ticket sales would have dropped by 1/4 minimum probably more and over a full season or two, ouch!
The fans are turned off by the “way” we’re loosing not that we’re loosing, why would I pay money to watch players who can’t do the most basic of things correctly or drop their bundles after one try conceded.
Not just the money. For me it's a big time commitment not to mention the PAI factor of dealing with crowds. Why do that when I can watch for free.
I reckon it would be closer to 40 % or more drop in crowds

Last edited:
Time for the club to move to community ownership and delist from the stock exchange.

do you really think New Corp will allow that to happen ... even if someone was to buy every share owned by people other than News Corp, then they still won't have majority ownership, thus can't do a damn thing

I wonder if they want a Chairman and CEO who eagerly waved through a five year, performance free contract for a newbie coach?
[automerge]1595305031[/automerge]

Because it would be pissing a few million dollars down the toilet, and he's managed to bullshit them it's all going to come good when Turpin recovers.

You've changed bro.

Vote of no confidence: CM is reporting Nick Politis has dumped about half his Broncos shares (100,000) over the last couple of months.

Active Now

• Rambstien
  • Alec
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • BroncosAlways
  • Allo
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • broncos4life
  • Galah
  • broncs30
  • phoenix
  • Financeguy
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Santa
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.