NEWS In case you were wondering about Tom Dearden

He played half a season last year. He has combined well with Milford in the halves. I don't buy the BS about him needing more time in ISC. I reckon Walters has some other agenda here and tonight, I hope it doesn't bite him on the bum.

Just watched us v Storm last year. I shouldn't have. If our lazy marker defence and slow or nil line speed doesn't seriously improve tonight, Storm by 40
He played half a season and was 0/13 last year. Needs to get some wins under his belt

He played half a season and was 0/13 last year. Needs to get some wins under his belt
The whole team needs wins under it's belt, as does every single player. I don't agree with that logic which somehow separates Dearden from players like Coates and Farnworth when they are in the same boat. Dearden has enough 1st grade experience.

The whole team needs wins under it's belt, as does every single player. I don't agree with that logic which somehow separates Dearden from players like Coates and Farnworth when they are in the same boat. Dearden has enough 1st grade experience.
Dearden is expected to run the team - the others just stick the ball under their arm and run.

Dearden is expected to run the team - the others just stick the ball under their arm and run.

Well, that I do agree with, however, I'll venture to say that Dearden has done every bit as well as Croft in that department if not better. From what I have seen of him, he organises the forwards, and his side really well for a 19 year old.

As for the other 2 you mention, definitely with Coates but with Herbie, he does a bit more than just run with the ball. In any case, I still reckon Dearden ought to be getting more and better experience at NRL level, particularly under Walters and in a side playing a lot better footie than last year.

And ... and ... I just remain totally unimpressed with croft. So yeah, I am biased.

BTW ... these quotes from Kevvie are in response to Badel asking if he is afraid to lose Dearden in he doesn't get game time in the top grade.

funny that i haven't heard the same questions asked of Bellamy about Hynes, who looks really ready to be a starting fullback

He played half a season last year. He has combined well with Milford in the halves. I don't buy the BS about him needing more time in ISC. I reckon Walters has some other agenda here and tonight, I hope it doesn't bite him on the bum.

Just watched us v Storm last year. I shouldn't have. If our lazy marker defence and slow or nil line speed doesn't seriously improve tonight, Storm by 40
The first two sentences of the OP is what it's about. He's keeping Dearden in reserve until he sorts the major issues of the playing group. If we keep playing him at 7 and we keep losing it's not going to be good for his confidence.

The first two sentences of the OP is what it's about. He's keeping Dearden in reserve until he sorts the major issues of the playing group. If we keep playing him at 7 and we keep losing it's not going to be good for his confidence.

I get what you are saying. However, Walters hasn't played him at 7 yet and lost. So ok, we wait.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • NSW stables
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • sooticus
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Waynesaurus
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • porouian
  • mrslong
  • Spoon
  • Stix
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Johnny92
  • Alec
  • FACTHUNT
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.