Indigenous All-Stars vs NRL All-Stars

Maranta all over again rofl, poor Hodges begs for a winger who can catch and stay in field.

Last edited:
If they slowed down that Gagai no try any more, it would have been on pause, FFS

Well, he's definitely not a half and speed wouldn't help him develop any organising or creative talents.

The way Thurston played tonight, organising wasn't an issue giving Barba the opportunity to be more selective in his involvement, problem is he never really looked to take advantage of those opportunities, he never looked to take advantage for his running game, which is after all his strongest aspect of his game. The real problem for Barba at the Sharks in the NRL will be when he doesn't have the likes of Thurston and Inglis around him, will he be able to make the step up with the added responsibility? Plenty of primarily ballrunning 5/8ths past and present who have been more effective there then Barba has shown at present in his career.

Last edited:
[MENTION=1899]Big Pete[/MENTION] to get all smug about Grevsmuhlkghth :)

Hodges looked as fit as he has been in years. Positive signs for our season.

Yeah that's probably the fittest, fastest display from Hodges I have seen in a while.

@Big Pete to get all smug about Grevsmuhlkghth :)

:laugh: that's why I went and drafted him so early! I noticed he was playing and was sure some johnny come lately would draft him.

All I can say is thank god Big Poppa C isn't in A division! However, let's be realistic - David Fifita looked pretty good out their tonight and I doubt he's going to do anything special at the Sharks this season.

Between Gilbert's commentary and the number of errors, that was by far one of the most boring games I've seen. The NRL side simply played some boring and quite frankly poor football. If you continue to play that way against a side that includes JT & GI it's going to take it's toll and that's exactly what happened.

RE: Gagai try - it felt like I was taking a glimpse into the future. Shame about the put-down, it was a fair call by the video referee but it's all about context - and I think that exhibition needed a highlight like that.

Parker at hooker was either a fair summation of how little Bennett cared about this match or how much he underestimates the dummy half position.

Didn't think much of Barba either. I reckon there's a huge placebo effect going on with him and he really didn't show much of anything tonight. He could very well go onto have a great season but there was nothing to write home about his performance.

Bennett does seem like he underestimates the dummy half.

George Rose MOM!!!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Whoever was giving the award must be an idiot. Thurston was the best on the field for mine and was far more deserving.

Yeah what a farce, how the hell one of Thurston, Inglis or Hodges didn't get it is beyond me, but Rose?

Yeah it was pretty dull, the majority of the game. The indigenous guys just seemed to click right at the end there and ran away with it.

The class of Hodges, Inglis and Thurston made the difference in this very silly contest. I hold my breath every year that someone doesn't get injured in this dividing contest.

Has there ever been a highly entertaining All Stars game?

I know there have been some exciting moments in previous years, but apart from those moments the quality is usually average.

Not really, patches of excitement but outside of that barely on the radar, quite frankly three players made last night even remotely worth watching it and we walked away with no injuries to our players who participated I'm happy with that, outside of that I'm not even fussed about it.

It wasn't a great game, though the NRL Allstars try was all class, the bomb for Inglis was awesome and the Gagai no-try was very exciting too.

I thought both team selections/rotations were mostly pretty poor though. Bennett is a great figurehead and inspirator (though obviously not last night), but it does seem like he's getting too old to be a real coach. Hoping he has more of a Gus Gould sort of role at the Broncos with...Walters, I guess, as the actual coach behind the scenes.

For anyone who missed it or wants to see it again, the 2016 indigenous all stars game is being replayed on NITV at 7:30pm tonight 17th February

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Foordy
  • Jazza
  • Organix
  • Xzei
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Footy Fanatic
  • GCBRONCO
  • Galah
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Old Mate
... and 25 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.