RUMOUR Inglis to the Broncos

Socnorb

Socnorb

NRL Captain
Contributor
Aug 5, 2013
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/nrl-off-contract-players-greg-inglis-wants-to-finish-his-nrl-career-with-brisbane-broncos/story-fni3gki8-1227233794138

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't want Inglis if he is only coming when he is 32 to fund his retirement

I wonder whether it will be worth it.

He isn't the damaging player he was several years ago. He can still do some brilliant things that just make you speechless, but it's becoming rarer now. His injuries are having an impact on his game and it's only going to get worse as he gets older..

The amount of money we would have to spend, would it be worth it?

I have my doubts anyway. It sounds like he is just trying to increase his price for what would be his last contract.

Last edited:
Seems a bit like a nothing story. 2+2= 11

I don't know how it would sit with Wayne , but I think there should be a no post 30 signing rule. You can grow old with the team though.

He fucking tears us apart every time. I would love to have him.

Just read it. Kinda don't want him unless he's coming next year. Otherwise, nope.

Last edited:
You know who we should throw that money at?

Izzy.

As much as I wanted Hunt back it's probably a safe bet Folau has kept his nose clean since departing after 2010.

Was always good giving the ball to him close to the line, more often that not he would score.

It would be worth it just to see the rage from Rabbits fans/ Sydney fans in general.

As much as it sounds great on paper.. nah.

Come 2018 Inglis will be 31 or so.. we'll ideally have Boyd at that point at around the same age, hopefully playing good football still, and we will potentially also have the QLD centre combination of Copley & Gagai.

Couldn't even find room for a 31 year old Inglis, especially with the amount of money he'll be asking for, unless Boyd is genuinely stinking the place up.

Playing to 35 is optimistic. If he comes anytime before 2018, sure. But not after and certainly not at $1mil. A lot can happen in two years so it depends who we need for the backline. Also He can't really get us into a bidding war if he wants to live here while he finishes his career. Unless the Tits are involved or there happens to be another SEQ team by then

He is an awesome player and I would take him in a heartbeat if he was available. Potential future backline containing Inglis, Milford, Hunt and Vidot has plenty of power and plenty of points in them.

As much as I wanted Hunt back it's probably a safe bet Folau has kept his nose clean since departing after 2010.

Was always good giving the ball to him close to the line, more often that not he would score.

That text there deserves more recognition IMO. Bravo.

Nope, take your goanna elsewhere Greg. Not interested in being used as a negotiation tool or retirement home anymore, try Canberra

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.