RUMOUR Inglis to the Broncos

Think it's all speculation honestly.

Hypothetically, if it was an option, I'd firmly be against it. Gun of a player, but with a price tag to match, and would likely be on the slide by then. Poor investment.

As much as I wanted Hunt back it's probably a safe bet Folau has kept his nose clean since departing after 2010.

Was always good giving the ball to him close to the line, more often that not he would score.

"Kept his nose clean"....unintentional pun?

Signing Inglis when this is supposedly happening would be like trying to sign Slater for next year. It's just not a good investment. I could understand Smith because he doesn't rely on speed or agility at all, so he could easily be just as good as he is now for the next 5 years, but Inglis' game is definitely based on speed and power, something he will gradually lose.

I would much rather make a play for Semi trailer Radradra or Jarryd Croker if the only point is to replace Hodgeo.

He would be an ideal recruit for a 2nd Brisbane team if they came in to the competition in a few years. I don't think the Broncos signing him will benefit them.

Inglis would still be valuable at 30 - while he's not quite as pacey as he was when he was younger (he's still quick), he's a powerful runner and has more than enough brute strength to still make a huge impact.

Think of Mal Meninga in his final years, not quite as mobile as his younger days but absolutely more than a handful on the field.

It'd depend on how much he's asking for and what our backline stocks are like at the time, but I wouldn't rule it out even if he did burn us the first time. You don't turn down quality players unless you have equal or better at your disposal (or no money).

At 30 he will be able to command big coin from overseas clubs and I'd be surprised if an NRL club would match it. That said 3rd party sponsors will be keen on GI. Stones Corner Marine would be all over him.

People are talking like he isn't the best player in league since haybe left. He's had some of the best seasons of his career recently.

Well he isn't the best player in the league.

Will be tough for Inglis to break into a backline of

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Gagai
4. Copley
5. Maranta

Disagree.......as an individual who can win you games on his own. He is beyond compare.
If I had a choice of any one player to build my team around, from any year in the past decade, he wouldn't make it once. He's very good, but he's IMO not the best in the game, and he will definitely lose value by 2017 or 2018 whenever this is supposedly might happen. I'd have Thurston or Smith ahead of him every day of the week.

If I had a choice of any one player to build my team around, from any year in the past decade, he wouldn't make it once. He's very good, but he's IMO not the best in the game, and he will definitely lose value by 2017 or 2018 whenever this is supposedly might happen. I'd have Thurston or Smith ahead of him every day of the week.

I remember opinion was somewhat divided when Smith was (supposedly) available. Very similar case: tremendous player, but likely past his peak, and commanding a hefty price tag.

As Inglis' game is based upon his tremendous physical gifts, as opposed to Smith (whose level head, decision making and guile are his bread and butter), his decline will be much more evident IMO.

Marquee money is best spent on proven commodities about to enter their peak, not those looking for one last big pay day.

Inglis never has been and never will be the best player in league.

He is a great player, but not the best. He is already starting to decline, IMO.

Last edited:

Thurston?

I'd rather give the ball to Greg down on your own try line.....down on points, with 5 mins to go. He's a 50/50 chance of winning you the game.

Sure JT and Smith can build you that try, but they need others to follow through with their directions.

GI could do it with no help whatsoever.

Will be tough for Inglis to break into a backline of

1. Boyd
2. Vidot
3. Gagai
4. Copley
5. Maranta

hystery.gif

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Culhwch
  • winslow_wong
  • Manlyman
  • Dash
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Jedhead
  • levikaden
  • Nerd
  • Jazza
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • Redux
  • MrTickyMcG
  • ivanhungryjak
... and 18 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.