LIVE GAME Internationals Saturday Games

Looking at the stats since I couldn't watch the game, did Manu really run for over 400m? Is that some kind of record?
I'm not sure about International records, but it beats the NRL record which is held by Manu (373m).

I'm pretty sure Hodgo held that record once during his amazing run home to the 06 finals.

Looking at the stats since I couldn't watch the game, did Manu really run for over 400m? Is that some kind of record?
404m which is an NRL and first grade record.

I'm not sure about International records, but it beats the NRL record which is held by Manu (373m).

I'm pretty sure Hodgo held that record once during his amazing run home to the 06 finals.
Manu is also turning into a massive hog recently. I’m a huge fan but one of his biggest strengths was his consistency, reliability, and humble work.

He’s been stat padding pretty hard, pushing 9s out of the way, overcalling halves, forcing trick shots. The numbers are huge and he’s a freak but he’s lost his way a bit from a quality perspective lately. Probably just a symptom of his halves struggling and him trying to put his team on his back. Which you can’t fault I guess.

400m game is great no matter how you cut it but it wasn’t exactly a Tom Trbo like performance. Not many of the runs were pretty. Sometimes when a player gets a stat that’s so incredible it’s an indication of an issue more than a positive.

Manu is also turning into a massive hog recently. I’m a huge fan but one of his biggest strengths was his consistency, reliability, and humble work.

He’s been stat padding pretty hard, pushing 9s out of the way, overcalling halves, forcing trick shots. The numbers are huge and he’s a freak but he’s lost his way a bit from a quality perspective lately. Probably just a symptom of his halves struggling and him trying to put his team on his back. Which you can’t fault I guess.

400m game is great no matter how you cut it but it wasn’t exactly a Tom Trbo like performance. Not many of the runs were pretty. Sometimes when a player gets a stat that’s so incredible it’s an indication of an issue more than a positive.
That's how I feel about Payne's stats. His metres tend to be more a reflection of our attack doing the same move over and over.

I disagree, he was NZ most dangerous player and carved up Tonga yesterday. I personally thought it was a Tom turbo like game. Pretty darn elite

I disagree, he was NZ most dangerous player and carved up Tonga yesterday. I personally thought it was a Tom turbo like game. Pretty darn elite
He was great no doubt but I feel he’s developing a habit of over playing his hand.

That's how I feel about Payne's stats. His metres tend to be more a reflection of our attack doing the same move over and over.

Payne Haas's metres are impressive but when you actually watch how he gets them, it's not as impressive. He ambles up to the defensive line then carries them another 3-4 metres which does nothing because it's quite often slow play the ball by the time they wrestle him to ground.

You would think a bloke of his size, if he were actually really running into the line with a bit of gusto he would have a few more barge over tries, just off the top of my head he hasn't scored many tries at all.

Payne Haas's metres are impressive but when you actually watch how he gets them, it's not as impressive. He ambles up to the defensive line then carries them another 3-4 metres which does nothing because it's quite often slow play the ball by the time they wrestle him to ground.

You would think a bloke of his size, if he were actually really running into the line with a bit of gusto he would have a few more barge over tries, just off the top of my head he hasn't scored many tries at all.
Yes, I've been massively unimpressed by Payne in that regard. Everyone raves about how much work he does but all he ever does is carry a few defenders on his back for a few metres and then get pulled up. You never seen him fend anyone off in the way Kotoni does every single time he gets the ball. He's just a big cuddly lunk. He's a very decent workhorse, but he's not the big money weapon he's made out to be.

Issue with the Hunters is they don't produce NRL players, Olam is nearly it since 2014. Why can't they produce NRL quality players? To be in the NRL you'd want to see more players going from there to NRL and Test football.

They've won a comp and made finals three times in that time, but I question the development.
They still don't have an affiliate NRL club do they?

There was talks of having a Noumea based New Caledonian club as well in Qcup(who would have French nationality, perfect to build the international game) but That would very much have the same issue, the NRL I think has to make steps there to make it work for the good of the game.

Active Now

• BroncsNBundy
  • marw
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.