LIVE GAME Internationals Saturday Games

One Tesi Niu looked this good on debut for Tonga too, just saying.

This is a cracking game and that was stupid by Laybutt.
Can only ever remember Tesi playing 6 for Tonga... and he never looked this good.

Also I think Tesi is more of a 6 than a 1

Can only ever remember Tesi playing 6 for Tonga... and he never looked this good.

Also I think Tesi is more of a 6 than a 1
He played fullback for Tonga against Great Britain.

He played fullback for Tonga against Great Britain.
As I said can only "remember" him playing 6 for Tonga... which is the game I thought he played well in.

Can't remember anything about him playing 1 and whether he was any good in that game.

was that the first ever no look kick from olam?

I’d be far more comfortable offering Lam others years than Milford. Cheaper, better organiser and seemingly less trouble.

That Kyle Laybutt had a wow of a game for PNG and kept Kikua fairly quiet all night. He played like what I'd imagine our Gambler to be like if he never had the back chat going non-stop.

The warriors were the only club yet 23 nrl teams are trying to sign cobbo for more than the Roosters re-signed manu for lol
Yep, we're meant to believe that Cobbo is fielding 900k overs from 7 clubs or something yet ONLY the Warriors chased Manu.

Now I rate Cobbo but it's not even close, Manu is an out and out superstar in multiple positions including the spine, Cobbo is just a winger who may or may not have the fitness and definitely has the error rate to be a risky purchase.

Nothing fishy.

Missed the last game but going off the highlights, Olam looked fantastic. I didn't know he had that kind of speed and that kick for the last PNG try was special.

I don't know about anyone else, but I seriously enjoyed this week of league far more than another NRL round. To me it highlights that the NRL could have a real gem here if they work hard at promoting IRL and funding teams a b it more.

I think instead of raising the cap by another 1m, raise it by 500k and use the rest of that money to fund IRL. I don't think an 11m salary cap improves the game much, but a 10.5m cap with the spare 17m going to IRL would do so much more for the game in the long run.

@BroncsFan raised good points about what's needed to make IRL shine but the one thing he didn't cover is there needs to be more games. Money aside, having 1 game a year in the middle of the season is not going to convince people to play for 2nd tier teams over Aus/NZ. There needs to be an end of year rep schedule, even if it's just a 3 week mini tournament of sorts.

Or have all 3 origin weeks as standalone and throw in 3 weeks of IRL with it. Cut the NRL season by 1 round to make up the broadcast difference in games.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.