Intrust Super Cup 2018

The Bulldogs won the NSW Cup and I don't see Redcliffe getting within 20 points of them.

You’re just basing that on number of NRL games because Dogs weren’t that great today.

They beat the Jets with a comeback and a controversial try and played alright.

Thought the Tigers just weren’t smart today, every time they seemed to be getting a move on they’d commit a stupid error. Big Sam was guilty of it over and over again. Losing your hooker and half doesn’t help but gee they failed to get a chance to play.

Dolphins will have to stop Harper, he was sensational. 196m of just blistering running.

Woolford was strong too, beautiful pass.

Last edited:
Ruldoph off to Sharks so Hall Medal nice good bye.

You’re just basing that on number of NRL games because Dogs weren’t that great today.

Thats amazing! You can read his mind!.... can I ask, how do you know what he is basing it on?

Aren't you the guy who claimed a defeat of the Devils was a defeat of an "NRL side" because of the number of ex-NRL players they had? You can't pick & choose where your logic applies.

Aren't you the guy who claimed a defeat of the Devils was a defeat of an "NRL side" because of the number of ex-NRL players they had? You can't pick & choose where your logic applies.

Devils would be lucky to have one NRL game. Not too sure what you mean there. Makes no sense.

In fact whole post makes no sense.

My point was assuming the Bulldogs will beat the Dolphins by 20 as he claimed just because they have NRL players isn’t right.

Pride were $5,50 to beat Penrith in 2014 and Pride won and that was nothing but a NRL head count by the bookies.

As I said Bulldogs only just won yesterday so it’s not like they won their Final by 60.

So yeah Bulldogs can have 500 NRL games but if Redcliffe aren’t stupid over the next 48 hours they can win.

It’s 2/2 in the four games and every year we hear the NSW team has 600 NRL games so they’ll win by 50.

Last edited:
Devils would be lucky to have one NRL game. Not too sure what you mean there. Makes no sense.

In fact whole post makes no sense.

My point was assuming the Bulldogs will beat the Dolphins by 20 as he claimed just because they have NRL players isn’t right.

Pride were $5,50 to beat Penrith in 2014 and Pride won and that was nothing but a NRL head count by the bookies.

As I said Bulldogs only just won yesterday so it’s not like they won their Final by 60.

So yeah Bulldogs can have 500 NRL games but if Redcliffe aren’t stupid over the next 48 hours they can win.

It’s 2/2 in the four games and every year we hear the NSW team has 600 NRL games so they’ll win by 50.

I’m talking about a couple of years ago when you were celebrating a Jets win over, in your words, “an NRL team”. Simply because of the number of NRL depth or has-been players. Maybe it was the Pride. Whoever is the team that takes the Cowboys depth.

I’m talking about a couple of years ago when you were celebrating a Jets win over, in your words, “an NRL team”. Simply because of the number of NRL depth or has-been players. Maybe it was the Pride. Whoever is the team that takes the Cowboys depth.

Jets beat the Blackhawks and the Blackhawks had 500 NRL games.

I still don’t see the relevance to me thinking the Dogs aren’t locked in for a big win.

Dolphins has 70 NRL games yesterday and Easts 411. Easts lost.

Last edited:
Jets beat the Blackhawks and the Blackhawks had 500 NRL games.

I still don’t see the relevance to me thinking the Dogs aren’t locked in for a big win.

Dolphins has 70 NRL games yesterday and Easts 411. Easts lost.

So... you accused a poster of ignorance for rating a team because of how many NRL games between them (even though you don’t actually know if that’s the main reason. Yet you used that exact same qualification to talk up a Jets’ victory? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

So... you accused a poster of ignorance for rating a team because of how many NRL games between them (even though you don’t actually know if that’s the main reason. Yet you used that exact same qualification to talk up a Jets’ victory? Sounds a bit hypocritical to me.

I fail to see how you arrive at that. It’s fairly simple.

NRL games don’t equal 20 point win. But if Dolphins do win it’s still a great win over all those NRL players when they only have 70.

Those two thoughts aren’t even close to contradicting each other.

Or

Can Smith doesn’t equal automatic win by 20 but if Roosters win it’s a great win over a team with Cam Smith.

Redcliffe Dolphins v Canturbury Bulldogs at ANZ Stadium on Sunday, September 30 - 3.40pm
Watch live on Channel 9
Redcliffe Dolphins
1. Trai Fuller 2. Josh Beehag 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Tom Opacic 5. Jeremy Hawkins 6. Bryce Donovan 7. Cameron Cullen (C) 16. Nathan Watts 9. Jake Turpin 10. Sam Anderson 14. Myles Taueli 11. Toby Rudolf 13. Jamil Hopoate 8. Nick Slyney 12. Aaron Whitchurch 15. James Taylor 17. Hugh Pratt 19. Scott Schulte 22. Tom Geraghty
Coach: Adam Mogg
Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
1. Mason Cerruto 2. Joshua Bergamin 3. Morgan Harper 4. John Olive 5. Jayden Okunbor 6. Josh Cleeland 7. Fa'amanu Brown 8. Renouf To'omaga 9. Zac Woolford 10. Francis Tualau 11. Ofahiki Ogden 12. Rhyse Martin (c) 13. Greg Eastwood 14. Bronson Garlick 15. Lachlan Burr 16. Jack Nelson 17. Chris Smith 19. Zac Cardassilaris 20. Brandon Wakeham 21. Jesse Martin 22. D'Rhys Miller
Coach: Steve Georgallis

Canavan to admin at Newcastle.
Woolfe from Blackhawks to Newcastle.
MOTM in the Colts GF Watene to Newcastle.

Apart from Ryse Martin, and an ageing Greg Eastwood, the Bulldogs NRL players are in the main bit part fill ins, much like most of the Redcliffe NRL players. To me I don't see much difference in quality, but I feel like the NSW clubs get an advantage by being the same club as their NRL team. This means that their systems are consistent, and players I guess in theory spend a lot more time working together. On the other hand the QRL are feeders with a mix of NRL players spread, so the NRL player pre-seasons are separate to their Intrust cup team, and players spend the majority of the week with their NRL club and generally only turn up at Intrust for the captains run.

Apart from Ryse Martin, and an ageing Greg Eastwood, the Bulldogs NRL players are in the main bit part fill ins, much like most of the Redcliffe NRL players. To me I don't see much difference in quality, but I feel like the NSW clubs get an advantage by being the same club as their NRL team. This means that their systems are consistent, and players I guess in theory spend a lot more time working together. On the other hand the QRL are feeders with a mix of NRL players spread, so the NRL player pre-seasons are separate to their Intrust cup team, and players spend the majority of the week with their NRL club and generally only turn up at Intrust for the captains run.

Staggs and Opacic have been at Dolphins since juniors.

I think the ISC clubs can use their lack of NRL as an advantage; Dolphins players are playing for a real club they want to be there and have been there since they were young. Dolphins have happy Dolphins’ players.

They aren’t shoved there in reserve grade trying to get out like the Dogs’ players.

On Sunday, the Intrust Super Cup champions the Redcliffe Dolphins will take on Intrust Super Premiership winner the Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs as both teams vie for the Intrust Super Championship.
QRL Media have gone through the numbers to see how the Intrust Super Cup winners and the Intrust Super Cup Premiership title holders compare this season, position by position.
Fullback
1. TRAI FULLER - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 7
Try Assists: 1
Tackle Breaks: 52
Line Breaks: 5
Average Run M: 133m
1. MASON CERRUTO - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tries: 5
Try Assists: 4
Tackle Breaks: 84
Line Breaks: 5
average Run M: 149m
Wing
2. JOSH BEEHAG - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 2
Tackle Breaks: 34
Line Breaks: 2
Average Run M: 83.4m
2. JOSHUA BERGAMIN - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tries: 11
Tackle Breaks: 82
Line Breaks: 10
Average Run M: 114m
Centre
3. KOTONI STAGGS - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 13
Tackle Breaks: 57
Try Assists: 3
Average Run M: 96.5m
3. MORGAN HARPER - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tries: 3
Tackle Breaks: 67
Average Run M: 117m
4. TOM OPACIC - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 8
Tackle Breaks: 37
Try Assists: 3
Average Run M: 85m
4. JOHN OLIVE - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tackle Breaks: 51
Try Assists: 7
Average Run M: 102m
Wing
5. JEREMY HAWKINS - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tackle Breaks: 56
Line Breaks: 6
Average Run M: 104m
_j2x8760-copy.jpg

Jeremy Hawkins is congratulated by team-mates
5. JAYDEN OKUNBOR - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tackle Breaks: 43
Line Breaks: 4
Average Run M: 113m
Five-Eighth
6. BRYCE DONOVAN - Redcliffe Dolphins
Try Assists: 9
Average Kick M: 74m
Average Run M: 65m
6. JOSH CLEELAND - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Try Assists: 9
Average Kick M: 124m
Average Run M: 75m
cleelandj-180707-gp-08.jpg

Josh Cleeland
Halfback
7. CAMERON CULLEN (c) - Redcliffe Dolphins
Try Assists: 14
Average Kick M: 177m
Line Break Assists: 12
Average Run M: 75m
7. FA’AMAUNU BROWN - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Tries: 10
Try Assists: 6
Average Kick M: 104
Line Break Assists: 5
Average Run M: 50m
Prop
8. NATHAN WATTS - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 82m
Tackles: 355
Tackle Breaks: 38
Post Contact M: 568m
8. RENOUF TO’OMAGA - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 129m
Tackles: 478
Tackle Breaks: 73
Post Contact M: 905m
>
Intrust Super Cup grand final highlights: Dolphins v Tigers
Hooker
9. JAKE TURPIN - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 1
Try Assists: 5
Tackles: 328
Tackle Efficiency: 88%
9. ZAC WOOLFORD - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Try Assists: 5
Tackles: 429
Tackle Efficiency: 90%
Prop
10. SAM ANDERSON - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 128m
Tackles: 553
Tackle Breaks: 50
Post Contact M:1132m
10. FRANCIS TUALAU - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 85m
Tackles: 406
Tackle Breaks: 33
Post Contact M: 701m
Second Row
11. MYLES TAUELI - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 0
Average Run M: 58m
Offloads: 4
Tackle Breaks: 9
11. OFAHIKI OGDEN - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 120m
Offloads: 14
Tackle Breaks: 29
12. TOBY RUDOLF - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 119m
Offloads: 20
Tackle Breaks: 81
12. RHYSE MARTIN (c) - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 124m
Offloads: 11
Tackle Breaks: 24
_j2x8810.jpg

Jamil Hopoate
Lock
13. JAMIL HOPOATE - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 131m
Offloads: 22
Tackle Breaks: 79
13. GREG EASTWOOD - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 97m
Offloads: 6
Tackle Breaks: 16
>
Bulldogs Edge Jets in ISP Grand Final
Interchange
14. NICK SLYNEY - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 86m
Tackles: 106
Tackle Breaks: 10
Post Contact M: 191m
14. LACHLAN BURR - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 120m
Tackles: 549
Tackle Breaks: 35
Post Contact M: 884m
15. HUGH PRATT - Redcliffe Dolphins
Tries: 1
Tackles: 345
Tackle Efficiency: 89%
15. BRONSON GARLICK - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Try Assists: 0
Tackles: 506
Tackle Efficiency: 88%
16. JAMES TAYLOR - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 124m
Tackles: 536
Tackle Breaks: 44
Post Contact M: 1095m
16. JACK NELSON - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 52m
Tackles: 555
Tackle Breaks: 17
Post Contact M: 527m

17. AARON WHITCHURCH - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 87m
Offloads: 6
Tackle Breaks: 44
17. CHRIS SMITH - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 79m
Offloads: 15
Tackle Breaks: 36
18. SCOTT SCHULTE - Redcliffe Dolphins
Average Run M: 58m
Offloads: 9
Tackle Breaks: 29
18. ZAC CARDASSILARIS - Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs
Average Run M: 23m
Offloads: 0
Tackle Breaks: 0

A mate of mine was telling me he was looking at the stats for the Phins vs Tigers final and Staggs apparently made 10 tackles and missed 8. That surely can't be right, I don't believe him personally. Anyone know where these stats get posted? Can't remember the site you guys linked to me a while ago.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • Tim K
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Bish
  • TimWhatley
  • FACTHUNT
  • Pablo
  • broncos4life
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Tmac
  • Waynesaurus
  • mieko
  • lynx000
  • BroncosAlways
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.