Intrust Super Cup 2019

Discussion in 'Rugby League Talk' started by Big Pete, Dec 20, 2018.

I found it odd that Salty and Slats were happy to bag out Shea and Marketo's hair-cut but went radio silent on Boyce's.

The mullet mo-hawk, what kind of monstrosity has Joe unleashed?

Maybe he's onto something Boycey. He played well, as did Shea and Marketo. Maybe the Walker brothers need to invest in a post-modern barber?

Locky's Left Boot likes this.
  1. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

O'Sullivan started the game full of running, nice close pass for Norths try.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  2. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Nearly half time and Norths haven't shown much in defence, O'Sullivan is still that Josh Lewis type half- 35 minutes gone, Norths get a penalty and he runs dummies and crowds everyone and even does a Carlos Spencer pass to himself then throws the pass behind Gehamat and in to touch.

Just needed a clear plan and direction to a point on the field. They're down 18-6.

mkram23 likes this.
  3. mkram23

mkram23 BRL Player

In a struggling Devils side I thought Shibasaki played pretty well, a lot of strong runs carrying few players with good leg drive. Didn't really get tested in defense.

I don't see O'Sullivan as a 7, haven't really seen much to put pressure on Niko besides maybe a left footed kicker?. Bare in mind it's his first game with Devils, So I'd imagine with a few games under his belt he should perform better as his confidence grows.

Would've liked to have watched Paix/Turpin and the Dolphins, but no streams. Was anyone at the game?

4. Alec

Alec International Rep

I hope SOS **** plays well, sick of us signing numpty halves who are not first grade standard.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
  5. Did Tagatese play on the weekend?

6. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

Yep two stints- 14 and 9 minutes.

7. mkram23

mkram23 BRL Player

7 runs 86 metres, 23 metres post contact, 9 tackles couple of big"ish" hits, stripped the ball for a penalty.

8. Thankyou

9. Cheers, not bad stats. I just hope he doesn't give up on getting a few more NRL games before retiring.

10. mkram23

mkram23 BRL Player

Does anyone know why Turpin is out of the Dolphins lineup tomorrow?... I'm assuming an injury?

11. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

No injury, Paix and Turpin stood down by Broncos.

Nikorima in.

mkram23 likes this.
  12. Mightybroncs2k17

Mightybroncs2k17 QCup Player

Really keen to see how carigan goes, could he push fensom out this week given the fence only got about 10 mins. Also keen to see j nik and the young reds centre too.

13. mkram23

mkram23 BRL Player

Any reason why they would be stood down?
    Perese is playing in centre too

14. Boy that was a good try to the Wynnum fullback his got a lot of speed.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 1:37 PM
  15. mkram23

mkram23 BRL Player

Found out, Seibs wanted Turpin/Paix to train with Brisbane instead of playing. Would be to quick of a turnaround if they're needed for Thursday nights game

Sirlee oldman likes this.
  16. Jedhead

Jedhead QCup Player

Not sure why Carrigan is being so highly rated. I've only watched two of his games and in both he never really did anything to warrant the huge raps he seems to be getting.

17. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

I think you need specsavers.

Sirlee oldman likes this.
  18. Wolfie

Wolfie State of Origin Rep

Dolphins are really going to struggle this year i'm fearing. I doubt any team could handle losing the amount of players they have lost . Both first choice centers, their main winger, their halfback, their hooker and 4 of their forwards. Its a massive blow to them.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2019 at 3:21 PM
  19. 1910

1910 State of Origin Rep

His out put hasn't been as good as last year, his minutes are way down. He was similar at the start of last season too. Took a while to get his minutes up and be effective.