Intrust Super Cup Discussion - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
Who's Jai Arrow playing for in the ISC fellas? [MENTION=8272]1910[/MENTION] [MENTION=8530]talanoa[/MENTION]

And is he playing well?

yep norths mate, he is doing his job quite well. a lot of defense and plenty of ball carries.
im still on the fence about jai, he had some opportunties close to the line on the weekend but couldnt get over. he just seems to lack real punch or game breaking talent.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
yep norths mate, he is doing his job quite well. a lot of defense and plenty of ball carries.
im still on the fence about jai, he had some opportunties close to the line on the weekend but couldnt get over. he just seems to lack real punch or game breaking talent.
So did Dallas Johnson in a way... :wink:

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
So did Dallas Johnson in a way... :wink:

yeah fair call, he may even be better suited with the reduced interchange and potential reduction down to 6 in the future.
it just concerns me that he has linited footwork or ball skill and i really think its going to be critical.

broncoboy

broncoboy

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2015
there has been a lot of players who have been workhorses but have lacked that extra edge just of the top of my head i can think of dallas johnson, ashley harrison and shaun fensom

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
there has been a lot of players who have been workhorses but have lacked that extra edge just of the top of my head i can think of dallas johnson, ashley harrison and shaun fensom

Stagg is the first that comes to mind. Nothing in the way of impact, but just so safe.

Clintos

Clintos

State of Origin Rep
Apr 8, 2008
Don't you dare speak ill of Shaun Fensom!

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Arrow was strong against Easts.

Played the 80 minutes
23 hit ups
199m
42 tackles
4 missed
3 ineffective

Easts are very good at taking away momentum and slowing It down but he kept finding ground after the contest.

I said a couple weeks ago Arrow was going well in ISC. He's slowly improving. Started a month ago and he's making a real impact now.

Even if you look just at metres and tackles he's improving.

19/180m 43 tackles
14/119m 21 tackles
11/111m 27 tackles

TV game this week.

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
For those who missed it, Jai Arrow's stats from last weekends game.

80 minutes
209 metres
48 tackles

@Wayne Bennett

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Wynnum are giving me quite an inisght into how Knights supporters feel.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Barr just muffed a huge chance by hogging the ball with half his team lining up unmarked.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
south v bears was a good game yesterday.
ese'ese was a standout again, his first 3 ball carries he skittled the first tackler in and knocked them flying. i think he played a full 80 mins too.
isaako stunk like last weeks prawn heads, seve got beaten really easily early but was safe adter that and scored a long range try from a bears error.
boyce got injured and played limited minutes.
timu was good again but not sure if he will be here for the remainder season.
scarlett set up 3 tries and could be a handy back up if needed even though he is uncontracted.
waddell was his usual hard and busy self.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Good win to the Capras.

They've come a long way from last season. They only had one win to their name, were the easy-beats of the competition and now they find themselves with three.

What's changed? Have they settled after a terrible on-field and off-field season or have a couple of new faces stepped up for them?

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
Good win to the Capras.

They've come a long way from last season. They only had one win to their name, were the easy-beats of the competition and now they find themselves with three.

What's changed? Have they settled after a terrible on-field and off-field season or have a couple of new faces stepped up for them?

Settled off the field; Bowers is doing a good job.

They're maintaining the rage; Capras always started well and then dropped off. This year's they're playing longer.

Minto- he's the key. He does everything.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Do the calls ever go against the Blackhawks. Every game i watch the calls are going their way. 40/20 tapped back in by the Blackhawks but the players foot was on the line but it was ignored. Blackhawks knocked on off a high ball but it was ruled last tackle for the Falcons. The Falcons were dirty over that one. Minoga has forced the ball out in 2 tackles now and gotten away with it (as the player is getting up to play it). Even Minoga thought he was lucky to get away with the second.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Settled off the field; Bowers is doing a good job.

They're maintaining the rage; Capras always started well and then dropped off. This year's they're playing longer.

Minto- he's the key. He does everything.

It's nice to see a local product lead his team around. He was Ben Hunt's halves partner at St. Brendan's wasn't he? It sounds as if the off-field stability has done his game the world of good and allowed him to play the type of football he's capable of.

Reading through the match report, it sounds like Maipele Morseau and Brendon Manase had strong games. I remember when Maipele was considered a star junior. It was around 2009 when the likes of Michael Morgan, Blake Austin, Jason Taumalolo and the like were coming through. Morseau was considered a stand-out back then but for whatever reason he never went on with it. He was let go by Melbourne, ended up at Newcastle and his chances of NRL faded away.

Williams seems to have a rap on Manase. All I know is that he's another Melbourne product who didn't have the best NYC career. He sounds like the type of player worth keeping an eye on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Behind enemy lines
  • Seibs
  • maddo
  • Justwin
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.