Ipswich Jets Trial

Seve made a nice run there and then an explosive run from Sims gets him over the line to score.

Cronin looks sharper than Waddell but his pass selection hasn't been the best.

First the long cut-out to Allan who was well covered and now the delayed loopy past to Lavea who couldn't gather it in.

Now Lavea just spills it cold.

Maybe I was being too harsh on Mitch for the first instance?

Cronin scores for the Broncos.

Should be 18-12.

Who was that with the offload? Funaki or Isaako?

Nice little run by Cronin, thought it was off Scarlett? 18-12 halftime.

Yeah it sounds like Scarlett gave Cronin the face-ball and he just ran the gap. Was odd since it looked like he hit a fringe runner first before the ball found Cronin.

That's half-time.

EDIT: Or maybe I wasn't seeing things! Great work from SmackDown's former #1 announcer.

Not a lot to write home about thus far for the second string Broncos, they've played it fairly straight and still haven't been able to hold onto the football.

Both Blair and Sims have been pretty decent in the middle, I've liked the involvements from Love-Henry and Rockley otherwise not a lot to write home about.

Todd Murphy takes on the Jets line, beats a tackle and finds Jai Whitbread back in the middle for a nice try.

30-18 Broncos.

Nearing the 4th and final quarter.

Alex Barr completes a nice set play to give Brisbane a 36-24 victory over the Ipswich Jets.

It wasn't a spectacular performance from the Broncos, but they simply had too much class for the Jets who were as entertaining and unpredictable as you'd expect. It's never a dull moment in the Switch.

Basically 2 Isc sides battling it out. One with more combinations the other with Blair and Sims. My take was that the Jets were teetering for 60 mins of that match. A team with better combinations would have put a cricket score on them.

I will make the effort to go to a few more Ipswich games based on that. They are entertaining. Not many of our guys looked even close to NRL standard.

Sims had a good game but Molo was the best out of the forwards. Moga had a cracker of a game he is first grade quality for sure.

I dont think anyone really pushed their names forward. Pretty solid, but pretty ordinary all the same.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Broncojim
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manlyman
  • broncs30
  • Morkel
  • mrtij
  • cento
  • Tim K
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Jazza
  • ChewThePhatt
  • FACTHUNT
  • Painin the Haas
  • Brocko
... and 23 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.