Is Hodgo back for game 3?

Professor47

Professor47

NRL Player
Mar 5, 2008
I honestly think we need him for game 3.

Nielson has been solid in defense but tackling our way to victory isn't the way to go - as proven by game 2.

He's named to play St George this week, can't see why not.
The great one will be a huge bonus for our attack, the best centre in the comp and we haven't had him in the first two games. Neilson is a nuffie.

thing is will GI be fit for game 3? Seemed to suffer a pie injury to the shoulder.

Mal said he's sticking to the same 17.... bah!!!

Just talk.

Watch Hodges have a couple of big games and force his way in.

Coxy said:
thing is will GI be fit for game 3? Seemed to suffer a pie injury to the shoulder.

Stinger for sure. He was still able to palm blokes off with it and get it above his head. He'll be sweet.

Inglis was our ONLY source of attack last night. 2 line breaks and a few great offloads if i remember correctly. Yeah he made 2 errors at teh end, but he wasnt the reason we lost. We shouldve finished off more of his breaks if anything. Desperately need hodges back, nielsen offers nothing in attack at all.

QUEENSLANDER said:
Inglis was our ONLY source of attack last night. 2 line breaks and a few great offloads if i remember correctly. Yeah he made 2 errors at teh end, but he wasnt the reason we lost. We shouldve finished off more of his breaks if anything. Desperately need hodges back, nielsen offers nothing in attack at all.

Support play was horrible on all breaks.

Professor47 said:
Mal said he's sticking to the same 17.... bah!!!
I guarantee you if Hodges is fit he will be chosen.

If we have Inglis and Hodges fit for game 3 we can win IMO, Hodges will add a lot to our attack and defence and Yow Yeh will play 5x better because Hodges is there.

Yep, and I think there'll be at least one change to the bench as well. Mal simply said "no changes" to show he's not going to make a kneejerk reaction to a loss a la NSW.

I certainly hope so - I wouldn't be comfortable with a 'tackling our way' to victory approach... especially since we are at suncorp... lets blow them off the park ala game 2 last year... obviously NSW's D has improved dramatically so lets get our heads around it and show what we can do!

Hodgo should be right seeing as though he's named to play tonight ... .well, as long as he doesn't go down injured tonight :roll:

He and GI will spark a bit of concern to the Blues in game 3 too, especially if they have a couple of clubs games under their belt before Origin.

Inglis looked a tad underdone i thought

I hope he comes through with flying colours vs Souths, and get that hammy strapped up with them new strappings I see everyone else using, running down the back of the leg, havent seen him don one of those yet with his injury problems

Even if hodges cant make origin, reed should take nielsens spot. just as good in defense, far superior in attack

QUEENSLANDER said:
Even if hodges cant make origin, reed should take nielsens spot. just as good in defense, far superior in attack

I agree but mal has praised Nielsen quite a bit so I doubt it would happen.

Mal is starting to sound like WB. "Even if we lose we will stick with the same average bloke (Michaels, Robinson, Minto)

QUEENSLANDER said:
Yeah Reed is one hell of a player, easily better than Nielsen but like others can't see it happening.

Active Now

• davidp
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Johnny92
  • FACTHUNT
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Santa
  • Aldo
  • Brotherdu
  • Broncosgirl
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.