Is Taumalolo Worth A Million Dollars?

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
The Cowboys have a tough job on their hands, trying to re-sign their up and coming forward to an extended deal. Media reports suggest that the star forward is being courted by the Roosters, Sea Eagles, Warriors, Eels and even the Queensland Reds to the tune of a million dollars.

Are his services really worth a million dollars a season?

Furthermore, do you think he should stick with the Cowboys? Or chase the money?

Chase the money imo.

He is too inconsistent to be worth that much and I think that will show eventually. He reminds me of another Dave Taylor. He has a rampaging season and then teams will figure him out.

He is a good backrower but he isn't great. I don't think he ever will be one of the best.

I could be wrong about him. But watching him since his debut, I've seen more bad than good from him.

Last edited:
Absolutely not. Backrowers are rarely worth that amount. He's also not shown enough consistent play to be worth it. If he absolutely guns it this year week in week out, then he might be worth it.

There's also rumours of Tamou wanting to get back to Sydney so that should free up a bit of cash. Although the Roosters will probably sign Tamou, Taumalolo and Merrin on 200K each with that leftover SBW money that they will be using as an excuse for the next 5 years.

He's too young to be worth $1million a season at the moment, maybe with some consistent football behind him.

He is worth some big coin but not really at the level needed to be the highest paid forward in the game.

Have been thinking the same thing for a while. If he can play to his potential every week he could justify $600 - $700k, but a million is nuts. At his current consistency you could gamble at $500k and hope he comes good. Not as bad as Taylor, at least he enjoys the rough stuff and doesn't dream of being a fullback.

Hells the **** no.

Fantastic young player with a bright future, but paying that kind of overs for a young forward is absurd when you consider the relative value of other stars.

I would think 500k more than generous, given he has yet to deliver upon his (admittedly great) potential week in, week out.

He is worth whatever the market values him at .....

but personally, I wouldn't shell out that much for him.

Prob 700k though, he's pretty good and will only get better.

Though, they might be paying him 1mill now, knowing that he will definitely be worth it in a year or two time, just to get the jump on other clubs. he is a kiwi so there's every chance he could re-sign after the 3 years and stay in NZ.

Last edited:
He doesn't really seem to have the skillset to me. Damaging runner sure, but he lacks the ball playing and offloading skills of SBW. If I'm paying 1mil for a forward, they better have a 2nd string to their bow like awesome offload or great ball skills or exceptional speed. From what I've seen Taumalolo is only a damaging runner without the elite attacking skills on top. That may be in him, in which case 1mil could be there, but I've not seen it.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Pablo
  • bb_gun
  • Sproj
  • Jedhead
  • Broncojim
  • Financeguy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Hurrijo
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.