Is the Bronco DNA now choking?

Actually choking is about throwing away a winning position through mistakes regardless of the expectations of the game.

i.e underdogs can still choke, if they're winning and then string together mistakes to lead the opposition to winning.

Sailor doesn't kick out on the full - they dont score again. Athurs catches the ball. We win.

We just keep finding a way to lose close games.
Everyone remebers the losses (especially when they're grand finals), but we've also had a few last minute victory's (or games where we've just held on) ourselves in the last year.

How do I actually do this? I cannot find the option to do so
Top of the thread is a drop down for more options

Our ability to not defend a lead in the last 5 minutes where an opponent needs 1 try to score is getting pretty bog standard.
Do they not deserve credit though for even getting themselves to that position in the first place?
If Reynolds doesn’t get injured, he controls the game and we win that.

Do they not deserve credit though for even getting themselves to that position in the first place?
If Reynolds doesn’t get injured, he controls the game and we win that.

Full credit to the boys. for sure. It's just different now. You know, back in the old days you always felt like 'They'll find a way to win this' . Now it's the reverse.

Obviously this is just a temporary trend, and we'll get back to the winning way but its been a long trend of falling short when it matters.

With this year I have stopped looking at the ladder. Plus my mum's pussies are 6th so I am bit jealous about that. We need to improve

Full credit to the boys. for sure. It's just different now. You know, back in the old days you always felt like 'They'll find a way to win this' . Now it's the reverse.

Obviously this is just a temporary trend, and we'll get back to the winning way but its been a long trend of falling short when it matters.

back in the old days the salary cap was effectively meaningless. we literally had 3/4 of the QLD side and a couple from the NSW origin side in our team ... and even they would have struggled if you took out 3 or 4 of their best players up against one of the best sides in the league on their home track

Back in the old days we had near on the best roster in the NRL, similar to what the Storm have in their spine when they played against us. We're in 2024 now, teams are for the most part equal. If you are without 1 or 2 key players you're already at a significant disadvantage.

It's part of what being a fan is, you don't always get to win. You have to also support the team when they're not winning. That's just what it is. If you're not prepared to do that, there's some mickey mouse club that just kicked off in Redcliffe. They've been winning a few games, I mean they've barely beaten a top side yet but hey, they're winning, right?

Back in the old days we had near on the best roster in the NRL, similar to what the Storm have in their spine when they played against us. We're in 2024 now, teams are for the most part equal. If you are without 1 or 2 key players you're already at a significant disadvantage.

It's part of what being a fan is, you don't always get to win. You have to also support the team when they're not winning. That's just what it is. If you're not prepared to do that, there's some mickey mouse club that just kicked off in Redcliffe. They've been winning a few games, I mean they've barely beaten a top side yet but hey, they're winning, right?

This isn't a "don't be a fan" , or "I hate the broncos thread" . It's just an acknowledgement thread for the last decade. It's ok to talk about negative aspects of the club's results to at least try and understand 'why' and how does it get addressed? How do they get that hard edge, Queenslander close it out mentality again.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Johnny92
  • Wolfie
  • Sproj
  • FACTHUNT
  • Rookie Alan
  • Alec
  • Kev_Guz
  • Broncorob
  • Fitzy
  • Battler
  • Hurrijo
  • Brocko
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Santa
  • something
  • Financeguy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.