Is the Bronco DNA now choking?

Broncapz

Broncapz

NRL Player
May 1, 2016
From 2008 prelim to now, we've done nothing but choke.

Prelims we've lost, to getting smashed in finals then on to 2015, then to dropping from top 4 to missing the 8 in 2022 to the biggest Grand Final choke in Australian sporting history.

Are we just chokers now?

This is just now what I expect from us. I hate it.

Meh we were choking far earlier then that, 1994-96 frustrated me no end with the dismal finals performances and that squad would shit on the current one, not to mention the season fades of the early to mid 2000's. It's not something exclusive to post 2008.

I will consider it a choke if the boys go to water and don't back it up with another great season.

It hurts because to get to a GF you need a lot of things to go your way, outside of just playing good footy consistently.

I was expecting to win.

Obviously the position we put ourselves into during the game, we should have won the game.

Before the game though, it was all Penrith.

I don't like this thread.

bird delete this GIF by Skab

I don't like this thread.

bird delete this GIF by Skab

Me either, I think things will change. But we just gotta be more like the QLD origin team and step up in the big moments.

This past decade and a half has been defined by failing at the big moments.

Different eras, but our teams that won everything had tough, mentally strong footballers who could handle setbacks. If you were in the trenches, give me the likes of Webcke, Tallis, Thorn, Petero, Lockyer etc ( the list can go on and on ) over Carrigan, Haas, Reynolds, Staggs, Walsh every day of the week. These blokes as it stands have to get over the line. We failed to do this in 2015 and 2023. Hopefully they can do it so they can all be elevated to the same bracket as some of our other greats.

Me either, I think things will change. But we just gotta be more like the QLD origin team and step up in the big moments.

This past decade and a half has been defined by failing at the big moments.

You didn't have to make it you know

Active Now

• Santa
  • Battler
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Hurrijo
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Sproj
  • lynx000
  • Foordy
  • Swordfish
  • Stix
  • KateBroncos1812
  • FACTHUNT
  • I bleed Maroon
  • TimWhatley
  • cento
  • Browny
  • DrGee
  • BroncoFan94
  • Mick_Hancock
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.