Isaac Moses deregistration and flow on

Mum-the-meatloaf

Mum-the-meatloaf

QCup Player
Dec 6, 2019
Has anyone got any inside scoops on what's going to happen with the nine players managed by Moses at Bronx?

Can't wait for the latest media scoop after this thread started 😉

Has anyone got any inside scoops on what's going to happen with the nine players managed by Moses at Bronx?
I can't really see anything happening.

Moses is still active until his appeal is sorted out
If his appeal fails then the players will look for new managers (although they may hold off until their next due for a contract).

That garbage from Petey B can't be correct... just because your player manager leaves doesn't mean the contract is suddenly void. Even if Moses dropped dead the contracts would still be in place!!

And even if Moses is deregistered I'd imagine the players actually have a deal with Moses' management group... so they're still likely contracted to Moses' company and would just have one of his other staff being the front man (unless the player's contract has a clause specifically related to Moses being the rep).

Fox and any other news outlet has just jumped the gun, based on information provided by a completely incompetent journo not understanding that the players can terminate their existing contract with MOSES and not the club... the club deals with the players not the player manager

I won't be holding my breath for Fox to retract and clear the air though... they'll probably just keep spewing garbage that all our players are now free to leave

Last edited:
I can't really see anything happening. Moses is still active until his appeal is sorted out
If his appeal fails then the players will look for new managers (although they may hold off until their next due for a contract). Just because your player manager leaves doesn't mean the contract is suddenly void. Even if Moses dropped dead the contracts would still be in place!!
All of this.

Last edited:
I can't really see anything happening.

Moses is still active until his appeal is sorted out
If his appeal fails then the players will look for new managers (although they may hold off until their next due for a contract).

That garbage from Petey B can't be correct... just because your player manager leaves doesn't mean the contract is suddenly void. Even if Moses dropped dead the contracts would still be in place!!

And even if Moses is deregistered I'd imagine the players actually have a deal with Moses' management group... so they're still likely contracted to Moses' company and would just have one of his other staff being the front man (unless the player's contract has a clause specifically related to Moses being the rep).

Fox and any other news outlet has just jumped the gun, based on information provided by a completely incompetent journo not understanding that the players can terminate their existing contract with MOSES and not the club... the club deals with the players not the player manager

I won't be holding my breath for Fox to retract and clear the air though... they'll probably just keep spewing garbage that all our players are now free to leave
Thanks mate, provides a bit more confidence we aren't about to be raided.

834ae2c3a39ff6d1caed2295140203a7.jpg

giphy.gif

I love how Aaron Woods has come out publicly and backed Moses being quoted as saying “The bloke has always looked after his clients and he has had my back since I was 14”

Of course he looks after his clients, because his job is commission based and of course Woods is going to back him considering he helped contribute to the Bulldogs doing their ass as a club by coercing a $800k contract out of them for his client which was never even close to his actual playing value.

Throw in his $80k commission fee that he got out of Woods for a couple of meetings worth of work and everyone goes home happy except for the clubs who are overpaying for his clients and being absolutely ruined salary cap wise beyond repair.

It’s no secret that there is a club that refuses to deal with any players that have him as a manager. I’d even go as far as to say if you did up a list of the 100 or so players in his stable, I bet 80% are overvalued significantly. [emoji216]

They won’t have to pay him his commission.

there is a report in the DT saying that Moses has inserted a clause in some of the contracts with his clients basically stating that should Isaac Moses no longer be an NRL accredited agent, then the players must still remain with his management company until the end of their contracts

here is the reported clause:

"Should the Principal of the Company no longer be in the employ of the Company, or has his accreditation cancelled or otherwise ceases to be an accredited agent, then the Company will provide an alternative duly accredited principal to manage the affairs of the Player for the Term remaining on this contract,”

I think this issue is at the root of the problems with the Brisbane playing results at the moment.

Forget Boyd and Seibold and Milford.. it makes for interesting discussion around the short term placement of the deck chairs (and a better placement might make you more comfortable!) but in the end you still have this structural long term problem.

I've been scratching my head around the stupidity of the contracts the Broncos have been offering but if you have a situation where player manager control most of the power then it suddenly makes sense.

I would ask how did the NRL leadership let this stupid situation happen where player managers can have such control, but that would be a very silly question with a very obvious answer.

I note how uncle Nick at the Roosters handles this issue and also how it's now being shaken up when you have someone in NRL leadership power who looks like they actually have a clue in V'landys, calling the shots.

Last edited:
I love how Aaron Woods has come out publicly and backed Moses being quoted as saying “The bloke has always looked after his clients and he has had my back since I was 14”

Of course he looks after his clients, because his job is commission based and of course Woods is going to back him considering he helped contribute to the Bulldogs doing their ass as a club by coercing a $800k contract out of them for his client which was never even close to his actual playing value.

Throw in his $80k commission fee that he got out of Woods for a couple of meetings worth of work and everyone goes home happy except for the clubs who are overpaying for his clients and being absolutely ruined salary cap wise beyond repair.

It’s no secret that there is a club that refuses to deal with any players that have him as a manager. I’d even go as far as to say if you did up a list of the 100 or so players in his stable, I bet 80% are overvalued significantly. [emoji216]

yeah ask the tigers what they think of him. They should have the best spine in the comp.

That's the club's poor management, if you want to pay 1.2 million for a two bedroom house at Gatton that's not my fault.
[automerge]1593042086[/automerge]
yeah ask the tigers what they think of him. They should have the best spine in the comp.

Again why would you have your young talented spine all off contract at once? Poor management.

I am not denying that Moses hasn't done some dodgy things, really he shouldn't have been allowed back post Storm. How you get a ban out of that and then come back is beyond belief and he sure didn't help the Tigers but help yourself and do good business.

Last edited:
That's the club's poor management, if you want to pay 1.2 million for a two bedroom house at Gatton that's not my fault.
[automerge]1593042086[/automerge]

Again why would you have your young talented spine all off contract at once? Poor management.

I am not denying that Moses hasn't done some dodgy things, really he shouldn't have been allowed back post Storm. How you get a ban out of that and then come back is beyond belief and he sure didn't help the Tigers but help yourself and do good business.

Absolutely. My issue isn’t so much with Moses, it’s with the clubs dumb enough to get bent over by him. How the broncos were comfortable with as much talent as they have being managed by him is beyond me. Didn’t Teddy fire him soon after joining the roosters ?

if I were the broncos I’d be telling players that they won’t be re-signed unless they change management.

there is a report in the DT saying that Moses has inserted a clause in some of the contracts with his clients basically stating that should Isaac Moses no longer be an NRL accredited agent, then the players must still remain with his management company until the end of their contracts

here is the reported clause:

"Should the Principal of the Company no longer be in the employ of the Company, or has his accreditation cancelled or otherwise ceases to be an accredited agent, then the Company will provide an alternative duly accredited principal to manage the affairs of the Player for the Term remaining on this contract,”

So Moses has crafty lawyers writing his contracts, whilst anyone signing them either doesn’t get legal advice, or should fire the lawyer they do use.

I can perhaps understand the provision around no longer being employed by the company, but the fact the contract preempts de-registration should set off alarm bells, especially given his history.

I’d also wager a decent lawyer could get their client out of such a contract.

So Moses has crafty lawyers writing his contracts, whilst anyone signing them either doesn’t get legal advice, or should fire the lawyer they do use.

I can perhaps understand the provision around no longer being employed by the company, but the fact the contract preempts de-registration should set off alarm bells, especially given his history.

I’d also wager a decent lawyer could get their client out of such a contract.

Without having seen anything I wouldn't know for sure, but I would expect that the contracts are signed through the management company, not Moses himself. The management company would then have a structure in place where it pays the actual agent a cut of the commission earned. Moses would likely have 99% of his ones going to him, where other agents that work for the company would earn a lower percentage.

So really, all contracts through a management company (as opposed to a sole operator) would have similar agreements. If Moses is barred, he'll get an agent to act in his place (while still pulling all the strings), pay them a small cut, and still be pocketing the bulk of it himself.

Without having seen anything I wouldn't know for sure, but I would expect that the contracts are signed through the management company, not Moses himself. The management company would then have a structure in place where it pays the actual agent a cut of the commission earned. Moses would likely have 99% of his ones going to him, where other agents that work for the company would earn a lower percentage.

So really, all contracts through a management company (as opposed to a sole operator) would have similar agreements. If Moses is barred, he'll get an agent to act in his place (while still pulling all the strings), pay them a small cut, and still be pocketing the bulk of it himself.
You can be absolutely certain the contracts are not with Moses himself, as he’d have himself (personally) indemnified to the hilt. All the risk involved in the contract (that his company hasn’t cunningly imposed on the other party) would be borne by his company, not him.

But that’s not the point of my post.

My point is, if there is a provision in a contract that preempts those providing the services (the ones you are paying for no less) being de-registered by their governing body, any half respectable lawyer would be wary of the risk that presents and either advise their client not to sign, or negotiate that particular provision out of the contract.

Last edited:
True to an extent, but I'd also probably assume that's a typical clause in any company's contracts to avoid losing clients if one of their employees goes rogue.

Absolutely. My issue isn’t so much with Moses, it’s with the clubs dumb enough to get bent over by him. How the broncos were comfortable with as much talent as they have being managed by him is beyond me. Didn’t Teddy fire him soon after joining the roosters ?

if I were the broncos I’d be telling players that they won’t be re-signed unless they change management.

A lot of ways you can't help it, they weren't all with Moses when they came to the Broncos and you'll find a lot of clubs have players with the same manager because players talk- my guy is really good if you're looking for someone. Suddenly you have eight guys with the same manager.

It's Ali too, as well as the men.

Active Now

• Skyblues87
  • Spooky1013
  • MrMoore
  • Big Del
  • Broncosgirl
  • Painin the Haas
  • Wolfie
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • theshed
  • Xzei
  • Broncorob
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.