Brisbane’s Jamayne Isaako wants
to win the Broncos fullback spot
in season 2020 over
Darius Boyd and Anthony Milford

Fatima Kdouh,
The Daily Telegraph
October 17, 2019 5:57pm

Last edited by a moderator:
Wasnt there an article almost exactly like this about a month or two ago? Geez, league journalism is a joke.

And I want to win the lotto without buying a ticket...... I like my odds more then Jamayne's

I wouldn't mind seeing Isaako's stats from the 2017 ISC season, no idea if they're available anywhere on the internet.. @Big Pete @1910

I'd be happy to see him get a shot, but I'm not convinced. Hopefully he can add more to his game.

Last edited:
I thought I posted them up when I compared his prior work in numbers to Darbs?

23 Games
9 Tries
12 Runs Avg (130m avg)
59m Kick Return Avg
38m Post Contact Avg
12 Linebreaks
6 Line Break Assists
5 Try Assists
108 Tackle Breaks
3.59 Avg Play the Ball speed
16 Offloads
31 Receipts Avg
18 Passes Avg
15 Kicks total
29 Errors
9 Penalties

The errors stats worry me. If he's as bad under the high ball at fullback as he is on the wing then you may as well look elsewhere. There was a lot to criticise Darbs for but he was still pretty good at fielding kicks.

I thought I posted them up when I compared his prior work in numbers to Darbs?

23 Games
9 Tries
12 Runs Avg (130m avg)
59m Kick Return Avg
38m Post Contact Avg
12 Linebreaks
6 Line Break Assists
5 Try Assists
108 Tackle Breaks
3.59 Avg Play the Ball speed
16 Offloads
31 Receipts Avg
18 Passes Avg
15 Kicks total
29 Errors
9 Penalties

The errors stats worry me. If he's as bad under the high ball at fullback as he is on the wing then you may as well look elsewhere. There was a lot to criticise Darbs for but he was still pretty good at fielding kicks.

Those stats are pretttttttttttty average. I assumed he killed it, considering he won Fullback of the year, but judging by those stats he's absolutely a winger.

Wasnt there an article almost exactly like this about a month or two ago? Geez, league journalism is a joke.

And it's only weeks after the GF. This shit is gonna be laughably bad over the next few months. We'll be getting nothing but rumor and innuendo all the way until trials.

Those stats are pretttttttttttty average. I assumed he killed it, considering he won Fullback of the year, but judging by those stats he's absolutely a winger.

I can't remember if it was a weak field or not, my only memory is that Isaako had an inconsistent year where he could look world class one week and then go MIA a couple of weeks later.

In fairness, it was his first year at fullback. Coming through the 20s he was a centre who could play five eighth at a pinch. He struggled defensively in the centres at QCup level so they moved him to fullback where he showed some promise.

I think the ship is sailing for Jamayne at Red Hill. I don't think he's a winger and if he was ever going to make a splash at fullback, it was this year where he was coming off a strong rookie season and the club was looking at potential replacements for Boyd. After the season he's had, I don't think the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in him.

It would not shock me to see him at St George Illawarra, in fact it's almost too perfect.

I can't remember if it was a weak field or not, my only memory is that Isaako had an inconsistent year where he could look world class one week and then go MIA a couple of weeks later.

In fairness, it was his first year at fullback. Coming through the 20s he was a centre who could play five eighth at a pinch. He struggled defensively in the centres at QCup level so they moved him to fullback where he showed some promise.

I think the ship is sailing for Jamayne at Red Hill. I don't think he's a winger and if he was ever going to make a splash at fullback, it was this year where he was coming off a strong rookie season and the club was looking at potential replacements for Boyd. After the season he's had, I don't think the coaching staff has a lot of confidence in him.

It would not shock me to see him at St George Illawarra, in fact it's almost too perfect.

another promising career destroyed by mediocre coaching?

I could deal with seeing Isaako in the 1 jersey at the Cows or Titans.

He. Can’t. Catch.

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Xzei
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Santa
  • Strop
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.