OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

I am fairly sure you can't redo/sign the same contract again 2 years later because you want to benefit. Can't just keep adding variables and stipulations to contracts after it's been signed unless you signed a new contract which you just wouldn't be allowed to do. Even than I don't think you would be able to front end a 3 year minimum wage contract from the beginning anyway as you would need to still pay them the minimum salary in the final year. But let's say that the minimum wage didn't exist you would have to state it and the player would have to agree to it when originally signing the contract at the start of year 1. Neither party would know then they don't want them for the final year otherwise it would be a 2 year deal or their would be an option in a parties favour (or mutual option). Its complex shit and clear to see how clubs get away with cheating for so long. I feel like half the shit I'm typing no longer makes sense as a result of how confused I have made myself as well as the fact that I feel like I have mis-interpreted what your trying to ask.
Lol no worries mate. I just thought if you could redo contracts to increase your pay/add on years, you could probably figure out a way to do the opposite. I.e. a round a bout way of paying someone out.

Anyway conclusion is, it's confusing as hell :)

I wonder what the odds are for Isaako to kick it out on the full from the first kick off of the very first game of the Dolphins - round 1, 2023?

Well first let’s make it clear that you can’t do that. But yes and that’s the exact point of why it won’t or can’t happen. @mitch222 can’t seriously think that all that was attributed to last years salary cap. Well at least I hope he didn’t. But you can’t just boost all this cash external from the salary cap to benefit your side. Doesn’t work like that.

Pretty sure you can, as long as you are compliant each year. Getting TPJ off early meant that some of the money that would have gone to him was instead able to go to Lodge to pay out some of his future wages.

The supposed $200k freed up by Isaako can now go to "front-ending" a contract, eg, instead of paying a player $500k then $500k, we can pay them $700k this year and only $300k next year, meaning we have more in the cap available next year to upgrade a contract in order to keep a player, or to go towards luring a new player.

NRL 360 have decided to spill the beans on why the broncos let him go... and it sounds very Ben Ikin'y so it's probably not far off from the truth.

- By releasing Isaako after round 1 we aren't required to fill his position back in the Top 30... if we want to we can but it's not a requirement
- As we know you have to spend 95% of your cap each year, but any leftover of that final 5% gets tacked onto next year's cap
- Broncos may look to spend some of that additional cap on players like Herbie or Cobbo

It does seem like something the club pushed for because it doesn't really make much sense from Isaako's perspective, he's leaving a club where he's a depth player to join a club where he will most likely be another depth player

With that in mind, they must have something planned

NRL 360 have decided to spill the beans on why the broncos let him go... and it sounds very Ben Ikin'y so it's probably not far off from the truth.

- By releasing Isaako after round 1 we aren't required to fill his position back in the Top 30... if we want to we can but it's not a requirement
- As we know you have to spend 95% of your cap each year, but any leftover of that final 5% gets tacked onto next year's cap
- Broncos may look to spend some of that additional cap on players like Herbie or Cobbo
How good is having an intelligent office.

It does seem like something the club pushed for because it doesn't really make much sense from Isaako's perspective, he's leaving a club where he's a depth player to join a club where he will most likely be another depth player

With that in mind, they must have something planned
Mmmm, then there's no reason for Isaako to move on is there? It doesn't matter what the club wants in this scenario if viewed from Isaako's position. He could simply choose to do nothing and play local or say that if you want me off the premises, pay me out. No, I think he's had a chat with the Titans coach and he's said you'll get a run down here.

I just hope we aren’t too clever by half, if Niu goes down next week it suddenly isn’t looking like the smartest decision.

I just hope we aren’t too clever by half, if Niu goes down next week it suddenly isn’t looking like the smartest decision.
I noticed Meady was playing fullback for Wynnum on the weekend, so I can only assume that the squad considers our fullback depth to be at least Mead, Cobbo and Herbie, if Niu went down... knowing that Brenko can come in and more than adequately cover centre.

I'm not entirely confident in many of those fullback options, but who knows maybe if Herbie didn't get covid during the trials he might've got some minutes at fullback and put all our fears to rest.

Mead played some full back in one of the trials too and wasn't too bad from what I remember.

If we can tack some of this onto next years cap, can we expect an announcement regarding Cobbo or Herbie resigning soon?

I noticed Meady was playing fullback for Wynnum on the weekend, so I can only assume that the squad considers our fullback depth to be at least Mead, Cobbo and Herbie, if Niu went down... knowing that Brenko can come in and more than adequately cover centre.

I'm not entirely confident in many of those fullback options, but who knows maybe if Herbie didn't get covid during the trials he might've got some minutes at fullback and put all our fears to rest.
Not sure about you but I was never entirely confident in Isaako as a fullback option either.

It is if you're paying 400-500k for someone not in the 17, and could use the money to secure other players in the future. Niu going down doesn't change this.

Active Now

• jd87
  • Brocko
  • Manofoneway
  • Foordy
  • Aldo
  • ivanhungryjak
  • broncs30
  • Maddy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Waynesaurus
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Alec
  • Broncorob
  • Santa
  • Allo
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.