OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

It is if you're paying 400-500k for someone not in the 17, and could use the money to secure other players in the future. Niu going down doesn't change this.
I get that, but we are still playing for this season aren’t we?

I get that, but we are still playing for this season aren’t we?

I think it's a good indication of how deep we are in it with our cap, that we run the risk of losing some key players in the immediate future unless we do this sort of thing.

Isaako was released, so he is off the books as of now. We're only taking the cap hit for what we've paid him so far.
Not necessarily true as far as I know. If he is being paid less by the Titans than what the balance of his contract is here, we have to pick up the difference.

Mead played some full back in one of the trials too and wasn't too bad from what I remember.

If we can tack some of this onto next years cap, can we expect an announcement regarding Cobbo or Herbie resigning soon?
Played fullback in the super league too and did a good job

Isaako was released, so he is off the books as of now. We're only taking the cap hit for what we've paid him so far.
I said playing, not paying - as in we are still competing for this season & maybe releasing our next best option at fb to free up a little for next year may come back to bite us.

I said playing, not paying - as in we are still competing for this season & maybe releasing our next best option at fb to free up a little for next year may come back to bite us.
It will only affect us on a year where we can at best expect to make the 8.

Next year, we make a play for the big prize.

He’s our next best option but it’s hardly a loss. Many last year and this preseason were demanding we never see him as our fullback again. So it probably won’t kill us to give someone else a crack if Niu is out.

Glad to see him move on , he wasn't going to offer us anything that would make a difference.

Seems to me that some at Brisbane, don't consider him to be the 2nd best option....and prefer him to play left right out.

Seems to me that some at Brisbane, don't consider him to be the 2nd best option....and prefer him to play left right out.
The coach must have because he was picked in trials & rd1.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Galah
  • Skathen
  • ell.d33
  • Porthoz
  • Santa
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.