Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

PETERN said:
http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,27219143-5018866,00.html

good fun that would've beeen!
Takes the impression away that there would be any ill feeling towards Izzy from his team mates, and the speculation he would have lied to them...

Since Folau is out of Origin contention, I just hope he does good on his word to help the Broncs to the Grand Final. icon_thumbs_u

Very clever captaincy work from Locky, though I guess the Broncos have had a bit of practice in breaking the ice after events like this.

I don't know if it's a definite that Falou won't be selected for Game 2. But if he did, it could attract some AFL fans to the game wanting to see their new recruit before he joins AFL. I know it's a stretch, but we need to use this situation to our advantage.

I hope Izzy does get picked, being a paying fan I want to see the best 17 available queenslanders out on the field, I don't care where the hell they will be next year be it AFL Union or playimg marbles with a bunch of school kids.

I saw him live in game 1 and I hope to see him in game 3.

I dont want him picked for QLD. He can play for the Broncos and help us beat the Bunnies. With only Lockyer and Thaiday out, Norman can play 6 and Gillet can play 12. Bunnies wont have Burgess or Taylor.

Interesting observations by Michael Jennings about the AFL signing Hunt & Izzy to try and influence the polynesian kids, he said the whole premise is flawed and will fail because as a cultural thing the polynesians love the heavy physical contact of league and simply won't be interested in AFL because it lacks this.

lynx000 said:
Interesting observations by Michael Jennings about the AFL signing Hunt & Izzy to try and influence the polynesian kids, he said the whole premise is flawed and will fail because as a cultural thing the polynesians love the heavy physical contact of league and simply won't be interested in AFL because it lacks this.

What are you talking about? Haven't you seen them shouldering each other even before the siren sounds? [icon_razz1

Somehow I think they'll avoid to do that to Izzy and even Khunt any time soon... [icon_evillaugh

audragon said:
Don't get too confused... This would be out of curiosity and to have a good laugh, not to suddenly start following the code just because Hunt or Folau play there.

Exactly. It was like when Wendell went to Union (which IMO was actually a much greater and potentially damaging defection that Hunt or Folau). League supporters went along to a few games to see how he would go or to heckle him; but ultimately Union got zero long-term benefits in terms of either new supporters or more kids choosing union over league. So they really didn't get value for money and I truly believe AFL will find themselves in the same position - it's just not value for money IMO.

Flutterby said:
audragon said:
Don't get too confused... This would be out of curiosity and to have a good laugh, not to suddenly start following the code just because Hunt or Folau play there.

Exactly. It was like when Wendell went to Union (which IMO was actually a much greater and potentially damaging defection that Hunt or Folau). League supporters went along to a few games to see how he would go or to heckle him; but ultimately Union got zero long-term benefits in terms of either new supporters or more kids choosing union over league. So they really didn't get value for money and I truly believe AFL will find themselves in the same position - it's just not value for money IMO.

However it's nto just about what they get from it, it's what the NRL loses as well.
If they go out and Buy Inglis as well now (could very well happen) then that's 3 superstar players gone in 2 years, that has a big effect, Sailor was never replaced, neither was Lote and the same will be for Folau and possibly Inglis.

Burg said:
I will never watch an AFL game, full stop.

Have you ever watched one? Do you know why you hate it?

I will go to a game when Hunt plays get drunk and check it out.

draggx said:
Burg said:

Are you trying to convert me? I have zero interest in AFL and I stand by my statement.

I'll watch em play definitely. I watched most of the Lions game last night over watching the sharks v roosters and what a game it was. One point thriller.

Burg said:
draggx said:
Burg said:

Are you trying to convert me? I have zero interest in AFL and I stand by my statement.

Why would i want to convert you? Just asking why you won't watch it.

I'm not a fan of AFL but i will head out and check out Hunt and Izzy.

Actually Brad Fittler made an interesting point (I know - shocked me too) on WWOS this morning in that throwing huge amounts of cash at 1 player (Issy) and the coach (Sheedy) is probably not the best way to try and capture the hearts of the Western Sydney area - one of the most working-class / battler type regions of the country, they are not likely to really appreciate a couple of people getting such huge paychecks.

Active Now

• Browny
  • The True King
  • sooticus
  • Foordy
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Jedhead
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • Ondi
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.