Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

Jester: more a comment you made in the player movement thread, and you've said it a lot. ie, if someone else offers you more money you'd take it.

To me you sound like someone that's never worked, at least, not in a job and an employer you enjoy. Money is not everything! Job satisfaction, rapport with coworkers, location, future career prospects, family happiness etc. All valid considerations along with money.

Difference with footballers is they get headhunted more than most of us "normal" people. But it still happens, and simply a better financial deal isn't the only consideration. Ben Hannant needs to learn that!

Folau's only loyalty seems to be with whoever his parents or church tell him to be loyal to. He's a child. Needs to grow up. If going to Melbourne will do that, go. Please.

Biggest waste of money we've spent. He's not work half of the players we lost to get him. I think he'd be better if he bulked up a bit, and played second row.

He certainly seems dopey enough to be a big dumb forward.

He played with a small bit of pain. Nothing compared to what some of the real players have endured on the footy field. He's a cat.

i miss the 2008 squad :(

Coxy said:
Jester: more a comment you made in the player movement thread, and you've said it a lot. ie, if someone else offers you more money you'd take it.

To me you sound like someone that's never worked, at least, not in a job and an employer you enjoy. Money is not everything! Job satisfaction, rapport with coworkers, location, future career prospects, family happiness etc. All valid considerations along with money.

Difference with footballers is they get headhunted more than most of us "normal" people. But it still happens, and simply a better financial deal isn't the only consideration. Ben Hannant needs to learn that!

Folau's only loyalty seems to be with whoever his parents or church tell him to be loyal to. He's a child. Needs to grow up. If going to Melbourne will do that, go. Please.

That is true being a student I've never had a real job. Retail for me isn't really a job and I suppose when I get a real job that will all come into consideration.

Footballers only have a short time in the game and I think they should get what htey can while they can. BUT like you said, money can't buy happiness. But when you've got experts/managers/everyone else in your ear telling you you are awesome and could get more money it can't help but get into your head a bit.

Flutterby said:
I don't know if it's the full reason, but I know Tee and Coxy weren't very impressed that he went off right away when he broke his thumb, instead of staying on for a bit longer and do what he could to at least get in the way of the opposition; whilst Denan - busted ribs and all stayed on for a while and continued tackling his heart out.

I think seeing your bone sticking out would make anyone leave the field.

Je$ter said:
Coxy said:

That is true being a student I've never had a real job. Retail for me isn't really a job and I suppose when I get a real job that will all come into consideration.

Footballers only have a short time in the game and I think they should get what htey can while they can. BUT like you said, money can't buy happiness. But when you've got experts/managers/everyone else in your ear telling you you are awesome and could get more money it can't help but get into your head a bit.

Personally I would work for less if I enjoyed the place I was around, not a lot less though.

broncospwn said:
Je$ter said:
Coxy said:

Personally I would work for less if I enjoyed the place I was around, not a lot less though.

What about if they have you free Elmasri posters??

Kaz said:
Flutterby said:
I don't know if it's the full reason, but I know Tee and Coxy weren't very impressed that he went off right away when he broke his thumb, instead of staying on for a bit longer and do what he could to at least get in the way of the opposition; whilst Denan - busted ribs and all stayed on for a while and continued tackling his heart out.

I think seeing your bone sticking out would make anyone leave the field.

From memory I actually argued that point with Tee. I noted Jason Stevens in the 1993 grand final. It's a horrific injury.

What shit me about Folau (and Kemp) was how slow the trainers and team were to react to the injuries. The Warriors scored 2 tries in 5 minutes that it took Abrisbane to get their shit together.

Bucking Beads said:
broncospwn said:
[quote="Je$ter":2uxtn17p]
Coxy said:

What about if they have you free Elmasri posters??[/quote:2uxtn17p]
[icon_lol1.

How the hell would Melborne afford to pay him anywhere near what we are paying him?? Oh thats right Fox sports pays half their players wages!!!!!!!!

Man i didnt think we were paying him that much $400,000 a year. That is shit loads for somebody who desnt want to be at the Broncos and is allways injured. If he doesnt want to be here the cut him now. Let him go where every he wants and lets use the extra cash to buy three or four decent players for next year. We should have bucket loads for next year if he leaves.

slightly off topic but also not.

i understand that Glenn can be great wherever he plays. my opinion over the last few games is that folau would not be missed with Glenn and hodges in the centres.

if you want the money then leave i wouldnt care too much although i would bag you if i saw you playing against us or in another code if i watched it.

now is the time though. i think Glenn if he decided to play only left centre from now on out would be a walk up start to the kiwis left centre position and a very valuble property to brisbane as left centre often seems to be the weak position that needs filling.

this is the position i assumed folau was bought for but the few games he played there he wasnt that great.

if your leaving folau syaonara (sp?) Jap rugby for you.

"He said to the Storm blokes, 'can I come back?' We said, 'well, you can come back for $50,000 because that's all we've got'," the source claimed.

"So nothing happened and we doubt anything will happen because he doesn't have much choice (but to stay in Brisbane)

going by that quote from the article it means if he heads back to the Storm, he would need to take about a $300k a year pay cut .... I honestly don't see him doing that... if they do sign him the NRL should send the salary cap auditor back down to Melbourne

IF that quote is accurate and he is that unhappy at the Broncos he should go for whatever money he can get (if not to the Storm then elsewhere) because as has already been mentioned, money isn't everything, and if he's truly that unhappy then he's not going to perform to his best; so better for both the player and the club that he go.

Personally I love Issy and am a massive fan of his. I would never bag him whoever he plays for. I would prefer it's Brisbane, but also prefer he's at his best and wants to be here.

The Storm players will take a 'pay cut' & that's how the Storm will get away with it.

It doesn't matter what they actually get paid - the NRL values players at a certain minimum amount and that is what they are worth under the cap (or more if they get paid more). I don't see the NRL devaluing any of the current Storm players or Issy, so if 50K is the only room they have currently under the cap they can't "legally" have him without letting a number of players go no matter what they pay him or anyone else.

Active Now

• Waynesaurus
  • Strop
  • Reds2011
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fozz
  • NSW stables
  • broncsgoat
  • theshed
  • Broncosgirl
  • Browny
  • winslow_wong
  • Robboi_321
  • Kev_Guz
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • heartly87
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.