Israel Folau wants out... I'll show him the door.

The nrl commentators always comment on how tight knit bellamy keeps his team, and if the article is true, thats what he misses the most. Im guessing the culture at the broncos isnt that strong atm, and with all the young guys coming in and out of the team, there isnt much comradery to speak of. Maybe he isnt feeling like part of a "Team", but more so just another player

QUEENSLANDER said:
The nrl commentators always comment on how tight knit bellamy keeps his team, and if the article is true, thats what he misses the most. Im guessing the culture at the broncos isnt that strong atm, and with all the young guys coming in and out of the team, there isnt much comradery to speak of. Maybe he isnt feeling like part of a "Team", but more so just another player

Lack of camaraderie is a common thing reported from the Broncos camp. There's always been "cliques".

Interesting...

I tell ya - all is good once you start winning.

lockyer47 said:
Interesting...

I tell ya - all is good once you start winning.

Maybe, but look at the sharks. 13 losses in a row, but u can tell that they were still a tighter group than we are. They were trying their hearts out, but they just suck

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:

Lack of camaraderie is a common thing reported from the Broncos camp. There's always been "cliques".

I think thats a big problem really, you need the guys on the field playing for each other, looking out for each other. We cant have just a few players really good mates while barely knowing the rest. We really need to take a leaf out of meninga's or bellamy's book here, and get these guys accustomed to each other, make them WANT to win for the other blokes. It really does just look like a bunch of footy players out there right now, not a team, and i for one can fully understand Folau wanting out IF that is the motivation and its not money / not handling the pressure

Yep. It's not unique to the Broncos though. It's reported a lot more in different teams, especially those with a big population of polynesians.

Coxy said:
Yep. It's not unique to the Broncos though. It's reported a lot more in different teams, especially those with a big population of polynesians.

So they kinda hang together and leave the whities out of it? I can see that happening actually

i was thinking the other day about how folau wouldve fitted in at the broncos, who his mates would be. could u imagine him and hodges friends? lol talk about polar opposites!

Yep, there was a story last year about the polynesian community in league, and the conflicts even between them. Not violent, just the moral, non drinking, god fearing ones like Folau vs the rougher, gang like crew. They just don't understand eachother's worlds, but they do have some similarities in culture.

In reality though it's like most workplaces. You don't like everybody and don't have any desire to hang out with some of them socially.

yeah very true, but if some clubs can get their teams to gel, why cant others

im sorry, did i see someone say that Folau has no 'heart' because he came off the field straight away after compound fracturing his thumb?! you wanted him to stay out on the field with BONE sticking out of his thumb? really?

i dont want him to leave, hes a crazy good talent.

For sure. Obviously they do something about it. Or maybe it's just that because some clubs have players that have been together for a long time they just relate well to eachother, respect eachother?

If you look through the Broncos squad, the only players that have been with the club consecutively for more than 4 years are Hodges, Lockyer, Parker, Thaiday, Kenny, Michaels. The likes of Glenn and Ben Hunt have been around junior grades for a while of course, but it's really just those 6 that have been in the seniors for any length of time (Plus Kemp but he did have a year away).

Am I missing anyone?

Just shows how bad our player turnover has been lately!

Anonymous person said:
im sorry, did i see someone say that Folau has no 'heart' because he came off the field straight away after compound fracturing his thumb?! you wanted him to stay out on the field with BONE sticking out of his thumb?

If he was a true Bronco he would have stayed on the field. [icon_razz1

Webcke played in the finals with a broken arm.

Coxy said:
For sure. Obviously they do something about it. Or maybe it's just that because some clubs have players that have been together for a long time they just relate well to eachother, respect eachother?

If you look through the Broncos squad, the only players that have been with the club consecutively for more than 4 years are Hodges, Lockyer, Parker, Thaiday, Kenny, Michaels. The likes of Glenn and Ben Hunt have been around junior grades for a while of course, but it's really just those 6 that have been in the seniors for any length of time (Plus Kemp but he did have a year away).

Am I missing anyone?

You have to wonder how the new guys are introduced / managed though. Gus gould always talks about the high turnover of players the storm have and how remarkable it is that they look like have been playing together for years and years. Yes, the nucleus of their team is the same, but players like nielsen, finch, macdouggall, tolman, hinchcliffe etc are only relatively new to the team yet they look like they would take a bullet for the other blokes in their team.

I wonder if when say, rivett was drafted into the squad if he was welcomed into the "family" or if he was acknowledged, introduced and kinda just left on his own

Don't the Storm players all train together in the off season etc. 1st grade & under 20's.

At the Broncos that doesn't happen. If you are called into the 1st grade team, then that player finally trains with them.

whatever the reason, it is concerning if one of our most high profile players wants out because of it

QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:

Am I missing anyone?

You have to wonder how the new guys are introduced / managed though. Gus gould always talks about the high turnover of players the storm have and how remarkable it is that they look like have been playing together for years and years. Yes, the nucleus of their team is the same, but players like nielsen, finch, macdouggall, tolman, hinchcliffe etc are only relatively new to the team yet they look like they would take a bullet for the other blokes in their team.

I wonder if when say, rivett was drafted into the squad if he was welcomed into the "family" or if he was acknowledged, introduced and kinda just left on his own

I think the Storm have less trouble bringing people in because they have a very structured style of play and play that all the way through the club - 20s, reserve grade, everywhere. So at least there's no confusion on the field.

I don't know enough about off field interactions/training etc to know how the Broncos do it, but I do know their on field game plan seems very ad hoc and not at all like the Under 20s play. Plus in Q cup you have so many different feeder clubs that all play their own styles (they're all trying to win afterall).

I don't think the Broncos' setup with so many feeder clubs is helpful.

As someone said earlier, there are cliches at the Broncos.

If your not in the right cliche, you are an outsider.

Folau isn't a drinker, so he wouldn't be in the 'cool group'

Coxy said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Coxy said:

Am I missing anyone?

I think the Storm have less trouble bringing people in because they have a very structured style of play and play that all the way through the club - 20s, reserve grade, everywhere. So at least there's no confusion on the field.

I don't know enough about off field interactions/training etc to know how the Broncos do it, but I do know their on field game plan seems very ad hoc and not at all like the Under 20s play. Plus in Q cup you have so many different feeder clubs that all play their own styles (they're all trying to win afterall).

I don't think the Broncos' setup with so many feeder clubs is helpful.

Thats a very very good point. If all the players that come into the storm are coming from the same team, then they already have friendships and comraderies, with all our young blokes coming from different places, its like your first day at a new school

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Shane Tronc
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Broncosgirl
  • Culhwch
  • theshed
  • Gaz
  • Fozz
  • Howie
  • Wolfie
  • johnny plath
  • Aldo
  • Old Mate
  • Cavalo
  • Swordfish
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Foordy
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.