Issac Luke suspension

Playboy Bunny

Playboy Bunny

NRL Player
Mar 8, 2008
Now obviously I am pissed off about this decision more than any of you guys would be. However I was just wondering what you guys thought of the situation.

I can obviously see that what Issac did COULD have been dangerous if it was reckless but even Laffranchi didn't even know it happened. So now Issac is missing the test when people like Gallen and Ennis got off from their incidents which I thought were much worse then what Issac did.

Hmph.... :evil:

Haven't seen the incident, but Kiwi players being rubbed out for nothing incidents to rule them out of a test match is nothing new. It's been happening for decades.

The judiciary is corrupt, pure and simple.

Yep, if he was in line for a Blew jersey he would be playing this weekend.

I hope this just fires the Kiwis up and they smash us on Friday night. Well, smash numbers 11-17 anyway :P

Saw it, thought it was aboslute bullshit. I'll quote broncospwn. It was a nothing incident.

And it pisses me off, because I want to see NZ do well in this test. Fuckin hate the ARL.

I thought it deserved a suspension.

He raised his elbow, to 'protect' himself

Feel bad for Luke, it was completely soft and undeserving of so much as a penalty. I hope one day I live to see Rugby League leave bullshit like this behind. It reeks of bias. I hope the Kiwis smash Australia... but as Coxy said... only players 11-17 [icon_lol1.

Kaz said:
I thought it deserved a suspension.

He raised his elbow, to 'protect' himself

Are you nuts? Go watch it again. There was nothing in it.

I don't have to watch it again.

I know what he did.

Kaz said:
I don't have to watch it again.

I know what he did.

Then you're blind. Plain and simple.

Watch it again in full speed. The poor bloke was ripped off.

In my book, anyone raising an elbow in a tackle so that it's possible to come into contact with another's face, whether it's offence or defence, is playing with fire and deserves what they get.

rnabokov said:
In my book, anyone raising an elbow in a tackle so that it's possible to come into contact with another's face, whether it's offence or defence, is playing with fire and deserves what they get.

Agreed, but it rarely seems to happen - particularly if you've got the football.

rnabokov said:

+ 1

You can argue that the penatly is harsh, but you cant say that having your arm raised in a tackle like that is not reckless

Then there should be about 20 blokes suspended a week then.

Every player does it when trying to bust out of a tackle.

Playboy Bunny said:
when people like Gallen and Ennis got off from their incidents which I thought were much worse then what Issac did.

I think this is the greater issue - there is no way either of these guys should have got off completely.

FTR I think a week is very harsh for Luke - I can see where it might have been dangerous as well, but didn't derserve a week - probably 50-60 carryover points at most.

I can't believe it's been 15 posts and I, or anyone hasn't bought this up.

Kick Souths out.

He was still ripped off.

Nashy said:
Then there should be about 20 blokes suspended a week then.

Every player does it when trying to bust out of a tackle.

Yep, but that would mean the judicary and match review panels would have to be consistant....

not gonna hold my breath waiting for that one!

That's the thing. No one else gets done for it, because it's not dangerous.

Especially when the defending player states he didn't have a clue that it happened. This sort of thing should be on a complaint basis ONLY.

They also need to start taking into account the constant whingers of the game too. Eg. Cam Smith's word against the likes of Darren Lockyer hold no grounds because he's a whinging tosser.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Big Del
  • Culhwch
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Stix
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mister Wright
  • Spoon
  • leon.bott
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.