NEWS "It's finals or fail" - Adam Reynolds

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Adam Reynolds on his first "official" day as a Brisbane Broncos.

ARey says:

“Anything less than that (finals) is a fail for us,” Reynolds said.

“I look around the squad and I get some confidence out of players that I’ve been lucky enough to play against.

“I’m lucky enough now to stand beside these boys and call them my teammates.

“For us, finals is an expectation.

“We haven’t even spoken about it yet but I’m getting excited thinking about it.”

“There’s a load of talent here,” he said.

“Jake Turpin has been outstanding. Jordan Riki, Payne Haas, TC Robati – there’s a number of blokes I could mention because they’ve all been pretty impressive.

“We’re working pretty hard this pre-season to get things right.

“We’ll continue that into the new year and build on that.”

ARey on his playing style with a new 6 beside him

“I play to their (the other playmaker’s) strengths,” he said. “I’m an unselfish player.

“I like to get everyone involved and make their job a lot easier and take a bit of pressure off them. There’s a number of blokes who can certainly play a different brand of football to me so any one of those boys complement my game.

“I’m a bit of a talker and steer the boys around the park and they do the rest.

“Whatever team I’m in, my job is to call the plays, organise a team and steer them around the park. That’s simply my job.”

---------

Chris Honnery also says that a 3-way battle "appears" to be brewing to Partner Reynolds before listing all 3 halves not named Reynolds that are currently on our books (Gamble, Kelly and Walters). also says that Mam is a chance since he has spent time in the halves during the 13-on-13 drills (he's really gone out on a limb here, lol)

Today was their last session before heading out for a boot camp on Friday

Welp, at least he's thinking big.

Proud Of You Reaction GIF

here is ARey's interview after training today. one thing I immediately noticed was that he started using we/us instead of they/them ... he really seems to have embraced being a Bronco.

He gives Kevvie some praise, and says that Kevvie is giving him a say in how the team plays, and i really like that.

oh and spoiler alert ... the towels get a mention :happy:

I knew signing a player over 30 can be a risk but I just didn’t realise the issue would be dementia.
Typical media twisting his words. It was:

"Jake Turpin has been out, standing".
Poor Jake, all he did was took over the reins and turned the team around single-handedly.

Reminder to future captains: these fair-weather fans will turn on you just as fast as they turned on all our previous captains. Alex, Jake, Darius, Sam, Gordie etc, please forgive them. They know not what they do.

Poor Jake, all he did was took over the reins and turned the team around single-handedly.

Reminder to future captains: these fair-weather fans will turn on you just as fast as they turned on all our previous captains. Alex, Jake, Darius, Sam, Gordie etc, please forgive them. They know not what they do.

To be fair, outside of Tallis that's a fairly underwhelming list of captains. And Gordie only disgraced himself after his playing career, unlike a couple others on that list.

I think Jake can stand tall alongside Alex as definitively, undeniably, and categorically having captained the Broncos by being close to the only option.

I think people forget he was busted in 2020, suffered a number of injuries that held him back. 2021 was a mixed bag and a lot of that has to do with changing halfs combinations. His defense and effort can't be questioned, it's his offense that needs to step up now. All I want from him is clean passing and the threat of a running game. I believe he should be looking at Cam Smith defensive videos every day of his life, Cam was exceptional at being defensively sound while conserving energy, he rapped players instead of tackled players, often waiting for others to provide the muscle to complete the tackle. The amount of energy burned by Turps in D is what causes the sloppy pass and the lack of running threat.

I think people forget he was busted in 2020, suffered a number of injuries that held him back. 2021 was a mixed bag and a lot of that has to do with changing halfs combinations. His defense and effort can't be questioned, it's his offense that needs to step up now. All I want from him is clean passing and the threat of a running game. I believe he should be looking at Cam Smith defensive videos every day of his life, Cam was exceptional at being defensively sound while conserving energy, he rapped players instead of tackled players, often waiting for others to provide the muscle to complete the tackle. The amount of energy burned by Turps in D is what causes the sloppy pass and the lack of running threat.

Yeah these are all good things to look for, I just hope that if he doesn't improve in these areas as expected, he just doesn't get in Paix's way.

Is he still un contracted for 2023?

His new house looks pretty mint, I bet it is a million x nicer than is place in Sydney and half the price! He’d be loving life.
Looks like its at Samford where half of the retired players seem to live.

I'm truly surprised it's taken this long, but the fluff piece articles about Reynolds have ceased and hatchet job articles, re: TPA's have now started.

in this particular article (byline: Michael Carayannis, Brent Read and Jamie Pandaram)

firstly we "lured" with the promise of a big pay cheque.

saying he could earn another 200k in TPA's over the next 12 months. He has has deals in the works with the Nine Network and Triple M. plus there are talks with Pro Plaster Products.

say that Shane Richardson working with his agent have put together a "myriad of deals" for ARey, focusing on quality rather than quantity

I'm truly surprised it's taken this long, but the fluff piece articles about Reynolds have ceased and hatchet job articles, re: TPA's have now started.

in this particular article (byline: Michael Carayannis, Brent Read and Jamie Pandaram)

saying he could earn another 200k in TPA's over the next 12 months. He has has deals in the works with the Nine Network and Triple M. plus there are talks with Pro Plaster Products.

say that Shane Richardson working with his agent have put together a "myriad of deals" for ARey, focusing on quality rather than quantity

Why is it unbelievable?

Rich Digital are working overtime. He’s the most marketable Bronco since Lockyer.

I hope it’s true.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Fatboy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Big Del
  • HarryAllan7
  • ChewThePhatt
  • davidp
  • Fozz
  • Johnny92
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.