OFFICIAL It's happening: Brisbane will host the 2021 Grand Final

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013

Absolutely disgraceful that it took NSW getting consumed by a pandemic for Suncorp to finally get the opportunity. Those miserable ***** down south really do resent how much the game relies on us these days.

At least the Sunshine Coast Storm will be there and steal more of the few kids who care about this sport anymore and will watch it.

Is anybody going? I might if I can get $15 tickets, booing the storm in person is not without its perks.
Think i saw a report where tix are from $45 so you will have to get a few more boos in to make it worthwhile.

Go back maybe five years and I would consider the present situation as a godsend. The thought then of being able to attend a number of games featuring non Qld sides would have been quite a heady luxury. To then learn that the GF would be played in Brisbane would have been almost surreal.

Fast forward now and I don’t even attend our games and the fact we’ve got the GF hardly bears mentioning. To think I flew to Sydney on three seperate occasions to watch GFs and now it’s here I really couldn’t give a toss.

Vlandy and the Sydney centric shitheads have managed to slowly ruin a once great game.

Get ready to see a whole bunch of brand new Storm & Panthers supporter jerseys in the crowd. Bandwagon / casual fans who all of a sudden Really Care about "their team".

The Panthers in particular, I don't know a single fan in real life, I guarantee there will be thousands of people who claim to have always been fans.

Think i saw a report where tix are from $45 so you will have to get a few more boos in to make it worthwhile.
Yeah nah $45 is a bridge to far, unless I guess Titans v Bunnies happened.

I lived in Penrith and went to the GF the year before they won their first comp and was there for their first comp win too. Now I don’t really give a shit. In fact, Penrith have been my second team right up until last year when they started behaving like absolute twats. When Luia stomped KNicks head that was enough for me.

Get ready to see a whole bunch of brand new Storm & Panthers supporter jerseys in the crowd. Bandwagon / casual fans who all of a sudden Really Care about "their team".

The Panthers in particular, I don't know a single fan in real life, I guarantee there will be thousands of people who claim to have always been fans.
I actually know quite a few Panthers fans, long term ones too. Storm on the other hand, I don't really know any apart from my sister who liked Slater and hated the Broncos.

Grand Final day, regardless of who's playing, is always an event worth going to.

Much like the Origin, refs are more lenient which makes for a better contest.

I'll be watching just to see if Gould makes another gem of a comment like in the last GF, how the Panthers were on top in the contest despite being down 16-0.

Please if anyone goes and you see the horse killer hit him up side the head with a can of xxxx

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.