It's not fair! Broncos get preferential treatment

B

buymeabeer

Nov 29, 2013
A professional club: With all the benefits you get? 13 home Friday night games with a full back up which no other team gets, a team city in a city of over a million people and still can't make the final 8 a comp with 20 teams? A team that buys the star players from less fortunate clubs because of their commercial clout using dubious tactics, encouraging them to say they're home sick or have "family problems"? Barba, Milford, Cherry-Evans and more. The embarrassment of the league, ladies and gentlemen: The Brisbane Broncos.

Last edited:
Re: Mundine wants the broncos to sign ferguson! Thoughts?

A professional club: With all the benefits you get? 13 home Friday night games with a full back up which no other team gets, a team city in a city of over a million people and still can't make the final 8 a comp with 20 teams? A team that buys the star players from less fortunate clubs because of their commercial clout using dubious tactics, encouraging them to say they're home sick or have "family problems"? Barba, Milford, Cherry-Evans and more. The embarrassment of the league, ladies and gentlemen: The Brisbane Broncos.

Which comp has 20 teams?

Hey Chriss, Tell me a point I made which was incorrect? I love the game of Rugby League and can't stand the way the Brisbane Broncos are dictating the game and destroying my passion. A City of over a million with 1 teamand with constant Friday night games at disadvantage of most other teams. Its a disgrace. Defend it! How is it fair?

The embarrassment of the league, ladies and gentlemen: The Brisbane Broncos.

And here I thought the embarrassment of the league was a team with such poor culture that they have had to fire 3 star players in the last few years, with a 4th desperately wanting out.

As for Ferguson, bloke is talented, but has the brain capacity of pot plant, and would not be worth the risk. Besides, we already have great black line stocks (finally!), and I would rather us develop some of them instead of throwing money at this lump.

A City of over a million with 1 teamand with constant Friday night games at disadvantage of most other teams. Its a disgrace. Defend it! How is it fair?

another idiot who doesnt understand who controls the draw?

Today, 10:05 PMbuymeabeer

Hey Chriss, Tell me a point I made which was incorrect? I love the game of Rugby League and can't stand the way the Brisbane Broncos are dictating the game and destroying my passion. A City of over a million with 1 teamand with constant Friday night games at disadvantage of most other teams. Its a disgrace. Defend it! How is it fair?

Please tell me what team you follow? Brisbane broncos do not choose there games. Obviously they tick all the boxes for ratings and that's the only reason they get all Friday night games.

another idiot who doesnt understand who controls the draw?

OK so Nine sets the games (still a massive injustice), but defend your recruitment strategy?

I'm a Canberra Raiders supporter Chris.

Hahahahahahaha gold! Your still cut up over milford i take it. So your saying that Canberra would not be interested in any player that was home sick and made it public they wanted to go home to there family? Please.... So Canberra poached ur coach on the same basis?

OK so Nine sets the games (still a massive injustice), but defend your recruitment strategy?

whats to defend? we needed players and we got them.

has no club ever signed another player before?

tidy up your own club and maybe players will want to play there too

Barba was released by Canterbury and he wanted to come to Brisbane so we signed him.

We have signed Milford for 2015/16 when he is NOT contracted. Just as Roosters did with Maloney when he was still playing for the Warriors. Teams are allowed to sign un-contracted players I thought? Or maybe it's just every team is allowed to do so, EXCEPT Brisbane...

Kennedy was released by the Roosters prior to us signing him.

Lowrie was released by the Warriors prior to us signing him.

Vidot and Mills were released from their respective clubs prior to us signing them.

We've signed a bunch of non-NRL contracted Qld Cup players, which of course I presume we're entitled to do...

Yes, we're terrible and don't play fair at all, unlike all those NRL teams that don't do any of the above atrocities...

So what? 16, my point still stands.

The point is for all your passion and poor grammar, you don't even know how many teams are in the 'game you love'

I'm proud of MY club for being aggressive and doing what needs to be done to get us back where we want to be, to hell with who we upset. This is professional sport not kiddies sport on the weekend where every boy gets a go.

Your team seem more than happy with mediocrity so good for them

You know what guys? I used to have a lot of respect for the Broncos back through the 90s and coming up through the first part of the early 2000's. In fact, you used to be our allies against the fight against the Sydney teams. But you have morphed into the new Manly or Roosters and are now the new darlings of Channel 9 with all your unfair TV scheduling and unscrupulous recruitment strategies. You also get this massive Third Party Deal development from being a one city team in a city of over 1 million. Its almost criminal the benefits you get (yet sill missed the 8).

again i dont really know what these unscrupulous recruitment strategies are. who are these big recruits we've been doing the dodgy with?

again you refer to channel 9's scheduling. again something we have no control over.

Mate, be fair, we got him down our way as a young teen and just as we hit pay dirt you dig him back. How would you feel in the reverse situation?

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Brocko
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.