Jack Bird’s NRL season under threat after operation for rare sternum condition

Which has been caused by shoulder and sternum ailments. He's not the first player to miss a major portion of the season due to a bad injury but a big deal has been made about this because he is the Bronco's high priced recruit from the dreaded land down south. Patience is needed in this situation because when he is eventually fit and firing, he will be a major part of this squad
That’s quite a passionate response to a comment that was:

A) supposed to be tongue-in-cheek (I thought as much was clear), and;
B) whether people like it or not, completely factual.

But a serious comment deserves a serious response:

I’ve made no secret of the notion that I thought he was a good signing because he is a footballer first and foremost. A fit and healthy Bird is an asset to any club, I truly hope he can show this next year and beyond.

But that doesn’t mean it’s any less true to say that we’ve got nothing out of him this season (sure circumstances aren’t great, but they are what they are), whilst there are also literally no guarantees we will get anything out of him in future seasons.

I’m just being objective rather than optimistic.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Ondi
  • Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • levikaden
  • heartly87
  • NSW stables
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • Mr Fourex
  • Bucking Beads
  • spanky
  • Hoof Hearted
  • bert_lifts
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.