NEWS Jack Bird: Brisbane was too hard

76517E8E 69EE 4829 8086 9B033264D2FE

Sad story imo. Guy was injured for 3 years of his prime. Who knows what he (or we for that matter) could be by now in a sliding doors moment.

Last edited:
Worst signing team ever for the Broncos:

1. Barba
2. Kennar
3. Whitchurch (don't know if he counts)
4. Bird (c)
5. Eden (he had massive wraps!)
6. Tony
7. Croft (still time to turn this around of course)
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
10. Clinton (remember, we lost Civo for this bloke!)
11. Gavet (didn't even play for us did he?)
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Coach: Anthony Seibold
Chairman: Morris
VCEO: White
CEO: Cullen

Fair?
Stu Kelly could replace Whitchurch and Aaron Gorrell an honorable mention in the hooking role.
Paul Green if Croft comes good...

Scott Anderson used to give me nightmares, i thought his years were dark days...

Stu Kelly could replace Whitchurch and Aaron Gorrell an honorable mention in the hooking role.
Paul Green if Croft comes good...

Scott Anderson used to give me nightmares, i thought his years were dark days..

His name is Anderpson

I legit hated that guy. You could say ‘he’ll drop this here’ and lo and behold, that’s exactly what happened.

I swear he’s an unidentified Burgess brother with dickfingers like that

“You got to training at Brisbane and there are media there every day; they don’t miss a beat ... you’re always in the paper up there for little things."

Pete says hi:

HScreenshot 2021 03 12 Star Broncos pair involved in heated scuffle

Last edited:
Sad story imo. Guy was injured for 3 years of his prime. Who knows what he (or we for that matter) could be by now in a sliding doors moment.

he was always a biscuit anyway. What’s to say he wasn’t being kept alive by the PEDs at Cronulla

he’ll be lucky to play another 50-70 nrl games total

His name is Anderpson

I legit hated that guy. You could say ‘he’ll drop this here’ and lo and behold, that’s exactly what happened.

I swear he’s an unidentified Burgess brother with dickfingers like that
He was one of those "he plays for Melbourne he must be good" type of players.

There's more to this story than just "**** this guy. I mean sure, **** this guy, but **** the media as well. This talks of bigger problems for us that the media are just relentless on our guys. How do we do something about this? It's just gonna get worse.

There's more to this story than just "**** this guy. I mean sure, **** this guy, but **** the media as well. This talks of bigger problems for us that the media are just relentless on our guys. How do we do something about this? It's just gonna get worse.

Pray they stop caring so much after Brisbane 2 arrives

The problem isn't so much the media, it's cowing to the court of contrived public opinion. Look at Israel Folau. That tweet shouldn't have even made the papers, it was so unremarkable. That's the truth of it.

There's not really much we can do about it, short of relocating out of Brisbane and changing our name.

The fact is that this club is the most heavily scrutinised club in rugby league ... hell, we just won the wooden spoon, getting thrashed most weeks, with an apparently shit roster, yet the media talk up nearly every one if our players as the next big thing, and link them to big money offers at multiple clubs

Last edited:
There's not really much we can do about it, short of relocating out of Brisbane and changing our name.

The fact is that this club is the most heavily scrutinised club in rugby league ... he'll, we just won the wooden spoon, getting thrashed most weeks, with an apparently shit roster, yet the media talk up nearly every one if our players as the next big thing, and link them to big money offers at multiple clubs
We also have the biggest fanbase and income stream by far thanks to the ongoing soap opera played out in the Courier Mail and beyond. The Broncos are a reality TV show. The relationship with the Courier Mail and broadcast networks is symbiotic. All benefit, but there are casualties along the way.

A story needs to have a hero, a conflict, obstacles to overcome and a prize. If you can't manufacture those, you don't have an audience. Never lose sight that professional sport is part of the entertainment industry.

Last edited:
Worst signing team ever for the Broncos:

1. Barba
2. Kennar
3. Whitchurch (don't know if he counts)
4. Bird (c)
5. Eden (he had massive wraps!)
6. Tony
7. Croft (still time to turn this around of course)
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
10. Clinton (remember, we lost Civo for this bloke!)
11. Gavet (didn't even play for us did he?)
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Coach: Anthony Seibold
Chairman: Morris
VCEO: White
CEO: Cullen

Fair?
It should be players who signed big contracts IMO, not numpties on little ones.
Barba, Bird, Kennedy and Clinton etc definitely count, but guys like Hopoate, Eden etc I'm meh on because they were cheap.

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • NSW stables
  • MrRobot
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Morkel
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.