NEWS Jack Bird: Brisbane was too hard

It should be players who signed big contracts IMO, not numpties on little ones.
Barba, Bird, Kennedy and Clinton etc definitely count, but guys like Hopoate, Eden etc I'm meh on because they were cheap.

Fair point for sure but I needed to make a team, be fair.

**** me imagine if these princesses had to have a job on the side while playing the sport.

By all rights they should. These turds have lost touch with reality, which is especially ironic since 90% of League players come from working class backgrounds.

I’m most likely on the outer here, I am an unabashed Jack Bird fan. It is a shame he was never fully fit with us, as he gets such a bad wrap just for being injured.

I didn’t agree with his signing at the time, I didn’t think he filled a need for us, but definitely wasn’t unhappy with his signing. I just wished we could have got a lot out of him in his prime. 🥲

I’m most likely on the outer here, I am an unabashed Jack Bird fan. It is a shame he was never fully fit with us, as he gets such a bad wrap just for being injured.

I didn’t agree with his signing at the time, I didn’t think he filled a need for us, but definitely wasn’t unhappy with his signing. I just wished we could have got a lot out of him in his prime. 🥲
I'm with you, I was actually happy when we signed him and thought he come really improve us. Sadly, it just never worked out and I think a change was mutually beneficial.

Last edited:

I never got the hype tbh. Admittedly hardly watch Cronulla games (because why would anyone) and he was in a stacked side anyway that totally wasn't cheating, monetarily or otherwise, that also happened to follow the Cowboys and Souths in what I call the 'Oprah Premiership Queue'.

He was busted before coming, was always going to end up busted (rheumatoid arthritis) and was never the player we needed at that time. He wasn't going to revolutionise our team, both on or off the field, regardless what position he ended up in, and we were paying at least 200% what we should've been. A luxury buy when we didn't need it or could afford it

Now that paragraph of issues isn't on Jack, but them's the breaks unfortunately as he's the guy that embodies 2018-2020: Overpaid, injured and unnecessary.

In fairness, it's hard for the media too:

There's a few people giving him a bad wrap because of his injuries, but it's actually not the prevailing opinion.
Most people giving him a bad wrap are doing so for his behaviour and comments, like taking his PO then fucking off and making us pay, and saying we gave up on him, and saying it was too much pressure. And he deserves the bad wrap for that.

There's a few people giving him a bad wrap because of his injuries, but it's actually not the prevailing opinion.
Most people giving him a bad wrap are doing so for his behaviour and comments, like taking his PO then fucking off and making us pay, and saying we gave up on him, and saying it was too much pressure. And he deserves the bad wrap for that.

It seems he was one of the bad influences on the team.

For those of you still interested in Jack Bird, pretty good piece in the SMH today:

As one of only a few that liked his signing and continued to support him through his injuries; I’m not remotely interested in hearing about him.

Since we “gave up on him”, I hope he hasn’t found it too hard to count the millions we paid him or the continued medical support we provided him throughout his dumpster fire career at our club. All for a paltry 17 games across 3 seasons.

Good riddance, Jack.

Worst signing team ever for the Broncos:

1. Barba
2. Kennar
3. Whitchurch (don't know if he counts)
4. Bird (c)
5. Eden (he had massive wraps!)
6. Tony
7. Croft (still time to turn this around of course)
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
10. Clinton (remember, we lost Civo for this bloke!)
11. Gavet (didn't even play for us did he?)
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Coach: Anthony Seibold
Chairman: Morris
VCEO: White
CEO: Cullen

Fair?

Wayne Bennett probably should have gotten better production out of the late Peter Jackson. Whether it was injury or form, I'm not sure, but his tenure wasn't very successful when he played for us. I say this as someone who thinks highly of Jackson as a player.

Wayne Bennett probably should have gotten better production out of the late Peter Jackson. Whether it was injury or form, I'm not sure, but his tenure wasn't very successful when he played for us. I say this as someone who thinks highly of Jackson as a player.
The pommie guy who was supposed to be the next SBW - Sevilio or something. Did his knee and limped back to blighty.

1. Barba
2. Kennar
4. Bird (c)
6. Tony
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
12. Setu
13. Lowrie (he wasn't horrible but certainly on the downward swing of recruits to this once great club)

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Fair?

you're too harsh on Tony ... IMO, he would have done well for us if not for the fact that we had an outstanding 17 year old ready to go (by the name of Karmichael Hunt).

Motu Tony never really got a chance

1. Barba
2. Kennar
4. Bird (c)
6. Tony
8. Kennedy (vc)
9. Luke
12. Setu

14. PJ Marsh
15. A.Sims
16. S.Anderson
17. J.Hopoate

Fair?
I thought, what a prick you are until I realised you meant MARTIN KENNEDY and not my boy Rhys😃😃

Unread

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  • levikaden
  • Fozz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.