Jack Bird Discussion

I was not in favour of this signing, but now that it is a done deal. I'd be interested to know what position he will be likely to play. Is he really a 5/8 playing centre, a potential lock forward in development, or a centre who plays a bit of 5/8.
From what little i know of him, he is the last one. If he's 93 kg he's too light for a modern day forward, unless he's an excellent defender, and then if he is, it makes more sense to play him in the centres where he can cover our defensive deficiencies, widen our attacking capabilities, and still do some early hit ups.
I think once he's here though, he'll be playing where WB wants him, not the other way.

Yeah 93kg's is a little light to be playing in the middle third but to be honest, with the right technique is isn't that big of a deal.

You can bring down a guy twice your size like a sack of shit if you use the right tackle technique.

It's very difficult to master, though.

If he is left one-on-one, I would be worried, but if there is numbers I'm sure he'll be fine.

Bird playing in the halves makes no sense to me, our biggest issue is we miss an organiser and kicker at 7. That wont be Milford so he stays at 6 in my book as our best playmaker. Inside Centre is the best fit for Bird and then Bronocs currently but apparently hes saying he doesnt want to play there. Lock would Im sure be something for his late 20's. I guess the idea is you take opportunities for good talent when you can with increasing caps and limited players ie Insurance as others have mentioned but I definitely dont see Milford & Bird in 7 & 6 being effective enough. Especially in the kicking areas where we suck ass big time.

Milford will make a terrible 7. You heard it over there, ages ago.. He isn't even that good a six!

Well if the positions truly aren't any different than it wouldn't be an issue where Milford plays.

More and more halfbacks are becoming running halves anyway. There are very few that are actually good kickers and good game managers.
He's got 6, maybe more weeks to prove it.

In Bennett I trust.

There are reports that Broncos have lodged an official complaint to the NRL after the Sharks announced that Bird was joining the Broncos before the cooling off period.

The statement from the Sharks was very suss..

There are reports that Broncos have lodged an official complaint to the NRL after the Sharks announced that Bird was joining the Broncos before the cooling off period.

The statement from the Sharks was very suss..

It was less a statement from a supposedly professional organisation and more a toddler tantrum in aisle 5 of Woolworths.

Good signing and I reckon he could very well be the next Freddie playing at 5/8. Not to sure though on the pairing with Milf but he can play a number of positions at present so that works well as well.

I reckon the lure of thE Broncs being one club town, away from Sydney bullshit plus Wayne as coach was the big clincher, with money closely behind. Also now he gets to have his weekends off haha.

All this talk of ego etc, I think Wayno will quickly pull this end and steer him the better direction, as Wayne does.

I havent read to much about this.

But obviously on the broncos v raiders matchup you guys had the advantage there.

With FNF as it is, you may need more then that graph to dispel the rumours.

That seems more than adequate to me . We always seem to have the advantage, guess we had the easier start to the season aswell ??

I look into my crystal ball and see Kahu in the centres with Roberts. I see Boyd in the halves with Milford and Bird at fullback. Now who the hell kicks on fifth for some distance is completely a mystery for the ages. I think Kahu is a bit of a wild card in this deck because if healthy he can play any of the above mentioned positions and has a kick as well. People forget he has been the NZ fb and did a reasonable job.

Still very undecided on this signing. Some big questions ? What position dose he play?
What about his apparent shit attitude towards his team duties? Has he cost us the ability to sign a quality 7 and keep hold of our future stocks ?

Still very undecided on this signing. Some big questions ? What position dose he play?
What about his apparent shit attitude towards his team duties? Has he cost us the ability to sign a quality 7 and keep hold of our future stocks ?
1- Five eighth
2- Don't pay attention to unsubstantiated speculation.
3- No.

Having again watched some more footage of Bird play, he kinda reminds me of that "**** you, get out of my way" mojo that Hodges had, a spark which will again light some fires in this team. I am looking forward to that no matter where he plays.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Griffo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Lostboy
  • Sproj
  • Broncosgirl
  • Lozza
  • Stix
  • mystico
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  • Astro
  • Behold
  • Canga
  • Allo
  • BroncosAlways
  • Broncorob
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.