Jack Bird Discussion

Too many folk worrying about how he'll fit in the team.

If you have the opportunity to sign a talent like Bird, you bloody well take it.

If he's been promised the five-eighth position, I think he and Milford will gel quite comfortably TBH.

Bloody excited to see them line up together for the Broncs!
I agree and if Milford loses some weight they can share the 6 jersey.

Whats your thoughts on jack coming and where he'll play 1910 ?

Interested how it will work is probably the best way to put it. I would have him at 13. Not a middle 13 but you could swap him in defence with an edge forward. No rule that says your three in has to be a second row.

He likes the right hand side so have him defend three in on the right, attacking on the right or floating about the field. In defence move a more robust player into the middle.

It should be mentioned that next year the cap will be a top 30 or 35 (can't remember), instead of he top 25 for that money to be shared between.
Yep, it's top 30 - and the cap will be more than 8.5 mill. Read on Triple M this arvo said it will be at least 9.3.

I've always said Gillett could defend in the middle, that might be the play.

Just the way you post sometimes makes you seem like you're trolling very slightly. And yeah you popped up around the time we played the Storm. Theres being subjective and then theres saying stuff like 'third party deals for the win' which no real supporter would actually say.

Well it is true. We have massive benefits. He is getting shitloads to come up here off the cap that nobody else can compete with. You are in denial if you think otherwise. Until it is fixed big clubs rule the roost. Im straightforward with it. Just because im a supporter doesnt mean I cant see what is staring everybody else in the face. Embrace it instead of denying it doesnt happen. Not our fault they are the rules.

Well it is true. We have massive benefits. He is getting shitloads to come up here off the cap that nobody else can compete with. You are in denial if you think otherwise. Until it is fixed big clubs rule the roost. Im straightforward with it. Just because im a supporter doesnt mean I cant see what is staring everybody else in the face. Embrace it instead of denying it doesnt happen. Not our fault they are the rules.

Yeah good one buddy !!

Oh really. And how the **** would you know?

You're obviously not a broncos supporter mate.

Which is something that kind of annoys me tbh. We cop that line all the time (and I agree btw) but when we sign a quality player....

"Nah, nah the Broncos are cheating the cap!!!"
"What cap, man? More like a sombrero!!!"
"Hahaha, nice one man!"

Damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Agree.

Actually think we have plenty of room in the cap the last couple of years but this is going to affect it. How are we going to pay big money for milf and boyd and keep the depth of the squad. Going to be some big names shed I reckon. Thaiday maybe

I have already been warned about you so excuse me if I dont give a **** what you think.

There is about 250k per year difference between the figures. Join the dots.

Beat it mate

Oh my goodness! Nobody has ever warned ME about broncsgoat.. Could you please tell me what the concerns are?

His concern is that I actually support the Broncos

Argue the points. Not the poster. The insults have to stop.

Thread bans will follow if this continues. Thanks.

What needs to be fixed? If your manager or you source the deal it's off the cap. Every player has that potential earning.

I'd be asking how when Bird's deal wasn't even inked 10 days ago you know the financial value of deals sourced by his manager? I would think with Bird's lack of profile in Brisbane and the fact it's only been a week his manager wouldn't have anything yet. He may bring some clothes or boot deals with him but as for specific Brisbane third party deals I doubt it.

I just wonder where this leaves Milf right now. He certainly IMO does not have as much clout to demand 900k from us if WB thinks he doesn't warrant it and right now on this years form he doesn't.

Before this signing Milf had a lot more leverage. So, worst case scenario, Milf wants overs and a 3 to 4 year deal WB tells him no we then have room to buy a 7 not sure who that would be just another way to look at it.

OR

We keep Milf but at more palatable price.

I was not in favour of this signing, but now that it is a done deal. I'd be interested to know what position he will be likely to play. Is he really a 5/8 playing centre, a potential lock forward in development, or a centre who plays a bit of 5/8.
From what little i know of him, he is the last one. If he's 93 kg he's too light for a modern day forward, unless he's an excellent defender, and then if he is, it makes more sense to play him in the centres where he can cover our defensive deficiencies, widen our attacking capabilities, and still do some early hit ups.
I think once he's here though, he'll be playing where WB wants him, not the other way.

I just wonder where this leaves Milf right now. He certainly IMO does not have as much clout to demand 900k from us if WB thinks he doesn't warrant it and right now on this years form he doesn't.

Before this signing Milf had a lot more leverage. So, worst case scenario, Milf wants overs and a 3 to 4 year deal WB tells him no we then have room to buy a 7 not sure who that would be just another way to look at it.

OR

We keep Milf but at more palatable price.

Holly shit, good point.

Yawn.... I broke this news on here on Saturday which is the day he signed the contract. The moment Bennett contacted him, he was in as he greatly admires the man. All that was needed was a contract which is now in place. Excellent signing, possibly the best recruitment in Bronco history.
All credit to your source, you were absolutely spot on. Earned some credibility points there, you have a reputation to uphold now, don't let BHQ down ! :)

Active Now

• eggstar10
  • Jedhead
  • HarryAllan7
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Old Mate
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bish
  • broncos4life
  • mrslong
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • broncsgoat
  • Pablo
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.