PLAYER Jamayne Isaako Discussion

I thought he was going pretty well at fullback as he was catching all the bombs that came his way and not making many errors. Granted he was not spectacular but he was safe. In my opinion Isaako was one of very few that was not letting the team down until his wing switch.

I thought he was going pretty well at fullback as he was catching all the bombs that came his way and not making many errors. Granted he was not spectacular but he was safe. In my opinion Isaako was one of very few that was not letting the team down until his wing switch.
I agree. I don't know why so much of the blame has been on the backs. It's our forwards that are letting us down.

Isaako is a great bloke and a competitor. Something that our club needs.

Best wishes to him. Can't even imagine how hard it must be.

I'm not ashamed to say he's one of my favourite players at the club. I'm not even close to giving up on him. I really hope the club doesn't give up on him.

I think he'll bounce back from the last 2 seasons and be elite again in 2021. Doesn't matter if it's at Fullback, Wing or Centre, just give him a full off-season and pre-season training in a single position with no more off-field dramas and he'll own it.
Totally, when you're right you're right. I had been wondering about his Dad, mine went the same way, I was beside his bed. At times like this it's no wonder Isaako hasn't been himself. He should take a little time off and it's hard to imagine how he must be feeling.

The media and fans giving it to him and this sad end happening behind the scenes. All while the crazy covid makes things so much more complicated.

That's a relatively young age to lose a parent too. Condolences to Isaako and the rest of him family.

So sorry. I assume he probably hasn’t been able to see his dad for a while either because he was in NZ. Very tough. I hope he’s being supported.
CC6C2025 6E2A 41AA 9888 AC6E76D1A084

Last edited:
So sorry. I assume he probably hasn’t been able to see his dad for a while either because he was in NZ. Very tough. I hope he’s being supported.
Was thinking the same thing, Dad's dying and you can't but help thinking his mind is thousands of ks away. There's a heap of guilt there too but if his Dad went like mine, the last few months his mind would be gone and really, the death occurred some time back. The last period in palliative care you're simply waiting for it to be official. I bet he wanted to be home, comforting Mum and close by his side.

He should be right to be allowed back in. I understand NZ are doing their best to maintain the bubble but with the players being in their own version of iso + being from QLD, it’d take a pretty heartless effort to deny him entry.

I hadn’t heard how his old man was going this year, but this is why I gave him a pass for last year and that can extend to this year.

Give him the rest of the year to go back home, grieve, spend time with family and support and come back when he’s ready.

I’d be beyond devastated if it were my dad. Wouldn’t be in the right frame of mind to do my menial job, let alone professional sport.

Devastating. Always been a big fan of Jamayne which has been hard with the knives out for his poor performances of late. I'm glad he's getting a bit of leeway from some with this added perspective so I'm really hopeful he'll be able to get through this, kick on and live up to his potential.

I'm a Kiwi and there's been quite a bit of controversy about who has and who hasn't been allowed back in the country lately, there doesn't seem to be much case-by-case consideration for individual circumstances but I really hope he's able to get back here, be with his fam, and do what's needed.

Yes sad indeed. Hope that there is support around him.

Last edited:
Devastating. Always been a big fan of Jamayne which has been hard with the knives out for his poor performances of late. I'm glad he's getting a bit of leeway from some with this added perspective so I'm really hopeful he'll be able to get through this, kick on and live up to his potential.

I'm a Kiwi and there's been quite a bit of controversy about who has and who hasn't been allowed back in the country lately, there doesn't seem to be much case-by-case consideration for individual circumstances but I really hope he's able to get back here, be with his fam, and do what's needed.
Well said. I think he has potential to be a great winger and his kicking game makes him a great asset to the team as well. I just can't see him as Fullback.
For now, I hope he has all the support he needs psychologically, because this is one of the moments where "it's just a game" is a more than apt excuse.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hoof Hearted
  • RolledOates
  • Manifesto
  • leon.bott
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncsgoat
  • Organix
  • Waynesaurus
  • Financeguy
  • LittleDavey
  • Fatboy
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.