PLAYER Jamayne Isaako Discussion

U

unnerv1ng

NYC Player
Mar 19, 2014
Hey guys,

Just a quick appreciation post for this kid.
I was sceptical early in the year he but damn has he come along in leaps and bounds.

He's strong, elusive, and has a solid defensive record. Not to mention he kicks goals like some of the greats.
I think he's the best outside back we've had aside from Corey Oates since Yow Yeh.

Hopefully we can hang onto this one... We have a habit of letting good wingers go!

Hey guys,

Just a quick appreciation post for this kid.
I was sceptical early in the year he but damn has he come along in leaps and bounds.

He's strong, elusive, and has a solid defensive record. Not to mention he kicks goals like some of the greats.
I think he's the best outside back we've had aside from Corey Oates since Yow Yeh.

Hopefully we can hang onto this one... We have a habit of letting good wingers go!

Yep he’s a good’un. Bennett mentioned he will very likely be taking over from Boyd as our fullback in years to come, so he has no plan to lose him...

Bennett was saying he comes in on his day off to do kicking extras.

Rookie of the year hopefully with so many clutch, match winning plays already. He was fantastic in the preseason trials and if I'm honest our attack was faster and more lethal with him at the back. If there's any sense he will be fullback next year.

It's been said before but the defence of the great JYY was even in question at a certain point in his career. He'll get better.

He had a habit of rushing up which would cost us too much.

Then Hodges took him under his wing and his defence improved significantly. I think Hodgo would give him a spray every time he rushed up out of the line.

He looks like RTS did when he first came into the comp only with goal kicking as another string to his bow. He’s robust, doesn’t get flustered, has an insane step, safe under the high ball, pretty quick, and solid in D for a guy new to the NRL and playing out of position.

If he played for the rorters or Melbourne he would be getting fellated nightly on the talk shows.

Rookie of the year hopefully with so many clutch, match winning plays already. He was fantastic in the preseason trials and if I'm honest our attack was faster and more lethal with him at the back. If there's any sense he will be fullback next year.
Next week!

I certainly have no worries over him stepping into the fullback role when Boyd retires, he looks like a natural fullback who is filling in time on the wing. Great runner of the football.
His goalkicking is actually starting to improve also, a real credit to his work ethic [emoji106]

When he made that break from the kick return I thought he should have pinned his ears back and kept running towards the left hand side. He ended up stepping too early straight into raiders winger

Hes a great leader, on his day off he was down practicing kicking goals, and he got 5/5 including that penalty goal, great kicker

The kid is exceptional. He has solely won us 3 or 4 games this year with his kicking ability alone.
We haven’t had a decent/constant goal kicker for many, many years an I have no doubt we would be in a totally different position on the ladder if it wasn’t for his goal kicking.
Add to that that he can probably out jump anyone in the league he is an all rounder, that we need to lock up long term.
His in goal pick up and 30m run last night displays he does the 1%’ers that others overlook.

Bottom line is he is our Tedesco who happens to be able to kick lights out as well. Really, playing him at winger instead of fullback is actually a disservice to the club. When you compare him versus Boyd it is laughable at the moment. Hats off to him. I would love to see him at one and Kahu and Oates on the wing.

A fullback playing wing. Great runs of late and kicking is amazing but lets in too many tries at moment so not sure about rookie of the year. Doing well but has the potential to lose games too which I think is being overlooked by some. Need to get guys like Hodges and Devere in for a few weeks and nail down Roberts and Isaakos communication and decision making. Have a few days of running guys at them all day long to get it fluent.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Old Mate
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.