PLAYER Jamayne Isaako Discussion

We are saying we haven’t had a goal kicker in years what about Kahu. The only reason Isaako has the goal kicking was due to Kahu’s injury. Issako is the better kicker and should of been kicking from the start.

We are saying we haven’t had a goal kicker in years what about Kahu. The only reason Isaako has the goal kicking was due to Kahu’s injury. Issako is the better kicker and should of been kicking from the start.

Kahu was kicking at 80% before his injury, while Isaako was still getting used to first grade ... and i've never in my life seen a guy kicking at 80% lose the goal kicking duties ...

however since Isaako was also kicking at 80% while Kahu was out, he was going to keep kicking as he had the momentum and no injury layoff ... It is a bit like the Panthers situation where they have two quality goal kickers and Maloney kept the kicking duties even after Cleary returned from injury

He had a habit of rushing up which would cost us too much.

Then Hodges took him under his wing and his defence improved significantly. I think Hodgo would give him a spray every time he rushed up out of the line.

.....and Lockyer. There was a stretch of a couple of weeks where he'd make a rookie error that resulted in a try and Hodges would spray him. Camera pans away and when it comes back Locky was into him.

He had a habit of rushing up which would cost us too much.

Then Hodges took him under his wing and his defence improved significantly. I think Hodgo would give him a spray every time he rushed up out of the line.

Still remember that game against Newy when Junior Sau I think put 4 on him. Had an absolute Barry that day but that also seemed to be the catalyst - he never got outpointed again from memory

Watching the replay, Isaako really does have great composure with his kicking.

On two conversion attempts, the ball was blown off the tee twice. That could have easily thrown him off as it could have been in the back of his mind when approaching the ball and he could have felt rushed to get to the kick as quickly as possible.

But that wasn't the case. He stayed composed, took his time and nailed every single one.

We've found a special one.

Kahu was kicking at 80% before his injury, while Isaako was still getting used to first grade ... and i've never in my life seen a guy kicking at 80% lose the goal kicking duties ...

however since Isaako was also kicking at 80% while Kahu was out, he was going to keep kicking as he had the momentum and no injury layoff ... It is a bit like the Panthers situation where they have two quality goal kickers and Maloney kept the kicking duties even after Cleary returned from injury

Plus with the injury Kahu had/s the kicking motion probably aggravates it even more.

Still remember that game against Newy when Junior Sau I think put 4 on him. Had an absolute Barry that day but that also seemed to be the catalyst - he never got outpointed again from memory

It was Cooper Vuna.. He had a fucking field day that night. Every single try was scored because Yow Yeh was well off his wing.

But probably the worst part of the night was listening to Johns giggle non-stop like a little school girl over MacDougall on that body shaper vibrator machine.

It was Cooper Vuna.. He had a fucking field day that night. Every single try was scored because Yow Yeh was well off his wing.

But probably the worst part of the night was listening to Johns giggle non-stop like a little school girl over MacDougall on that body shaper vibrator machine.

Oh, I remember that one. Showing the vision in the sheds of McDougall. Do I remember correctly him like doing quasi push-ups on it in order to work his arms and chest?

Huh. Always thought it was Sau, although he does play centre and not wing

Last edited:
Huh. Always thought it was Sau, although he does play centre and not wing

Junior Sau was my man crush, that Knights mug shot those years ago was a thing of beauty.

Junior Sau was my man crush, that Knights mug shot those years ago was a thing of beauty.

How bout this one

Upload 2018 7 1 23 1 33

Maybe a little left field to solveh the Niko problem.
1. Isaako
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Staggs/bird/opacic
5. Oates
6. Boyd
7. Milford
14. Nikorima

Maybe a little left field to solveh the Niko problem.
1. Isaako
2. Kahu
3. Roberts
4. Staggs/bird/opacic
5. Oates
6. Boyd
7. Milford
14. Nikorima
Agree with Niko coming in from the bench fresh. He generally plays better against tiring players then when starting. Seems to catch them off guard with his darting runs to the try line. Also like Staggs at 4. Try Bird or Boyd at 6.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • eggstar10
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Bish
  • Xzei
  • KeithustEndaf
  • Cavalo
  • theshed
  • broncsgoat
  • kman
  • Santa
  • Old Mate
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncorob
  • Johnny92
  • Brocko
  • Justwin
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.