OFFICIAL James Roberts granted immediate release

ill have to watch which hand both Staggs and Shiba use next game when running through the line...generally gives me my best indication about which side they should be on...?

nope. Wiggers are the most infuriating. Including most Australian rappers.

I haven't, but I have been reading things recently about Australian kids growing up with British accents, because 90% of the kids shows on free to air are British as ****.

I grew up in the 90s and only when I was older I found out every show on abc back then was British. The shows on abc kids now are not so much British anymore, a lot more Aussie stuff.

Also I didn’t get a british accent

I haven't, but I have been reading things recently about Australian kids growing up with British accents, because 90% of the kids shows on free to air are British as ****.

Funnily enough my missus pronounces quite a few words in a British accent, and has done her entire life. I wonder how long this phenomenon has been going on for....

Kotoni played right center mostly for Redcliffe. I've seen Shiba play both sides. We played Opacic left side last year when he played mostly right side for the 20's and we have been playing Bird left side when he is more comfortable on the right. Its a habit we have seemed to get ourselves in.
[automerge]1559287389[/automerge]

Didnt he play left side for the Residents? Or am i thinking of another game. I've certainly seen him on the left side.

Left side in 20’s Qld last year.

Whoops I use that one all the time. Except I spell it aiight. There is no stopping Australian youths strong desire to be American unfortunately. It's truly a sad state of affairs.

Has anyone met an Australian who actually speaks with an American accent because they only watch American entertainment? Now that shit is both sad and highly amusing.
Whenever I hear aight I think of this man and he's British

View attachment 5383

Last edited:
Left side in 20’s Qld last year.

Must have been that game. Still have a residents game in my mind for some reason. It was definitely a game he was wearing a QLD jersey in. Wasnt Seve the other center in that game?

"Aight" is the most hideous. Gives me the shits
Aight y'all, we will all do our best to comply.

How good is James Roberts though? Oh yeah... He's not with us.

Is he going to be allowed to play for Souths this week?

Last edited:
Aight y'all, we will all do our best to comply.

How good is James Roberts though? Oh yeah... He's not with us.

Is he going to be allowed to play for Souths this week?

Was he named in the 21 man squad?

Must have been that game. Still have a residents game in my mind for some reason. It was definitely a game he was wearing a QLD jersey in. Wasnt Seve the other center in that game?

Yeah Residents on the left too with Seve on the right.

When I was in school I heard about entire British villages with weirdly Australian accents due to the popularity of the show Neighbours. It makes sense that people can adopt slight accents based on the media they consume as it's how we're introduced to most words. Your teachers and parents typically use words you're already familiar with. I find it difficult enough to speak in coherent sentences without sounding like I've got a half-chewed dick in my mouth so it would hardly be fair for me to begrudge someone an inconsistent accent. There really should be an apostrophe in a'ight though.

Oh and James Roberts is good, but expensive centres are a waste of money and his body doesn't seem like it's coping well enough for a long term investment.

It's because it's the most hideous of all the american slang. It's like of all the things american I never want to see imported, it's at the top of the spoken word list. I'm sorry but it makes me puke. Do we really need to imitate them and make us sound as dumb? It's even worse than the knobheads using the word 'drug' instead of dragged as in 'we drug it up the bank from in the lake'. Yuk.

I can't say I've heard anyone say "drug" as in dragged....heard "drug" as in, lets get stoned ....plenty of times.

I totally agree with your general response. Its really grinds my gears when I hear young white Australians trying to sound all ganster, like young black Americans.

If anything, I can tolerate Mexican gang speak;

Hey Esé....whats up Carnal.....etc etc

[automerge]1559292349[/automerge]
...and **** James Roberts.

I couldn't care less that he's gone.

Last edited:
The most amazing thing is Wayne threw away his trusted word for James Roberts. I could understand Cronk\Smith\Slater\Ponga etc. but James Roberts.....Jimmy owes him bigtime.

The most amazing thing is Wayne threw away his trusted word for James Roberts. I could understand Cronk\Smith\Slater\Ponga etc. but James Roberts.....Jimmy owes him bigtime.

Wayne just loves to be the hero that helps players find more to life than just football. His ego is massive.

Active Now

• upthehorse
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • broncsgoat
  • broncoscope
  • Sproj
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Gaz
  • Stix
  • Mister Wright
  • Strop
  • johnny plath
  • Maddy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.