OFFICIAL James Roberts granted immediate release

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I’ve already forgotten Roberts was even a nrl player. Watched a bit of the Souths game last weekend and didn’t notice him once lol. I’m not saying it out of spite, I just completely forgot he even went to Souths. Am I the only one?

Jason Simmons

NRL Player
I’ve already forgotten Roberts was even a nrl player. Watched a bit of the Souths game last weekend and didn’t notice him once lol. I’m not saying it out of spite, I just completely forgot he even went to Souths. Am I the only one?
Nope he has carried on kicking stones, just doing it at Souffs now instead of us...

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane
I am much the same, this is what Roberts is though. He will do nothing for weeks on end and then one game every few months he will score a length of the field try and the media will crow about how amazing he is and how we fucked up in letting him go, then it will months of nothing but letting in tries again.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
No, far from it. Roberts has been missing in action for the better part of 2 and a half seasons. And Bennett just allows it, like Roberts 1 or 2 game breaking actions every 8 rounds make up for his terrible defence.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
No, far from it. Roberts has been missing in action for the better part of 2 and a half seasons. And Bennett just allows it, like Roberts 1 or 2 game breaking actions every 8 rounds make up for his terrible defence.
You are missing the most important point, Wayne gets him, he knows the secrets to get the best out of Roberts, we should be seeing that .....

well sometime before he retires, goes off the rails or changes club again.

The Strapper

QCup Player
I am much the same, this is what Roberts is though. He will do nothing for weeks on end and then one game every few months he will score a length of the field try and the media will crow about how amazing he is and how we fucked up in letting him go, then it will months of nothing but letting in tries again.
As long as his one good game isn’t against us.

Finbar

NYC Player
You are missing the most important point, Wayne gets him, he knows the secrets to get the best out of Roberts, we should be seeing that .....
"I will fix James"

Much harder to like the guy now that he's elsewhere, especially when he says things like this.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
I’ve felt pretty much the same which has been strange as I loved him as a player when he was with us just for his pure speed, excitement and game breaking ability.

However his weaknesses over the last 12 months have been outshining his strengths. What he can do with the ball is sublime and world class, which is all well and good but it is dependent on satisfying the criteria that 1. Jimmy is in the mood and 2. That you can actually get him the ball early with space in a decent point on the field which is easier said than done.

What magnifies this is the fact that wingers have now become more important than centres in attack and because of that, centres now more than ever have more onus on them to have their defense part of their game water tight as they have to make the key defensive reads on sweeping back line plays. Roberts has never been a good defender and for a while he covered up this part of his game with pure speed to chase down anyone that got around him.

I’ll still miss some of those big moments he provided for us but Roberts was and is a luxury player with a flimsy attitude and a chronic Achilles injury and is not a player we could afford to hold onto and hope he came good under the current Broncos clean out.

Remains to be seen if his good can outshine his bad consistently for Souths but I wouldn’t put money on it. Can’t help but think he would be one of those players that if he was playing at the Storm and alongside Munster and Smith would probably become the best centre in the game within a 12 months.

Waynesaurus

NRL Player
Springfield
Can’t help but think he would be one of those players that if he was playing at the Storm and alongside Munster and Smith would probably become the best centre in the game within a 12 months.
Honestly I don't think he could handle the expectations as far as training and performance that Bellamy wants from his players at the Storm.........he couldn't handle it here when Seibs expected more and Seibs doesn't appear to be on Bellamy's level.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter