RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
So this 10 day cooling off period really count down on the speculation and media circus, kudos NRL.

The 10 day cooling off period only comes into effect if he has actually signed a contract.

No one knows if he has even put pen to paper yet.

I am pretty cool about the whole situation, and what will be, will be.
Wayne said when he came back, it could take 2/3yrs to secure another Premiership. He is obviously planning to change the roster in some way, to achieve this. I am going to leave it to him and enjoy the ride.

I am pretty cool about the whole situation, and what will be, will be.
Wayne said when he came back, it could take 2/3yrs to secure another Premiership. He is obviously planning to change the roster in some way, to achieve this. I am going to leave it to him and enjoy the ride.

Obviously? ?

How is it obvious? That couldn't possibly mean changing the culture, the way they play, their defensive structures, their attack, get rid of their bad habits or build up the strengths of our young halves? ? No, obviously he means moving every "bad player" on and signing whatever "gun player" becomes available. .. Dude, he's not ricky stuart. He is a real coach

Obviously? ?

How is it obvious? That couldn't possibly mean changing the culture, the way they play, their defensive structures, their attack, get rid of their bad habits or build up the strengths of our young halves? ? No, obviously he means moving every "bad player" on and signing whatever "gun player" becomes available. .. Dude, he's not ricky stuart. He is a real coach

That's not what I am suggesting. For a start Parker may only have one season left in him, so who do u suggest will replace him. Copley has potential but gets injured a lot. Roberts and Teo would certainly improve things. No suggestion of changing things such as Culture. I am not suggesting that we have bad players either. We nearly won it last season. Fact is we didnt.

That would be sensational. Surely it would take a LOT of salary cap rearranging though...
Would lend credence to recent talk of cuts from current roster.

I don't see how we'd need to make much concessions for Roberts given losses this year already.

Throw Ben into the equation and it starts to look a lot more equitable...

Would lend credence to recent talk of cuts from current roster.

I don't see how we'd need to make much concessions for Roberts given losses this year already.

Throw Ben into the equation and it starts to look a lot more equitable...

Isn't next year our last year of paying barba and or Kennedy's contract? That's a fair chunk. Bit of a back ended deal perhaps with teo if we are making an offer

Uploadfromtaptalk1450770901190 Uploadfromtaptalk1450770909886

3 yr deal 300 to 350k...We tried to register a 200k a yr contract..NRL integrity unit rejected it. Was sorted overnight..Jimmy can stress less now..And soon all broncos fans can too.

3 yr deal 300 to 350k...We tried to register a 200k a yr contract..NRL integrity unit rejected it. Was sorted overnight..Jimmy can stress less now..And soon all broncos fans can too.
If that's true ... sounds like we tried to keep everyone but someone may have to go (Copley)?

Whenever you are looking at changing players the question is always what will they cost? I would like to get Roberts but not if it means losing Copley when we have already lost Hodges and Vidot. Turning over 3 first grade backs and getting 1 doesn't make sense. Likewise with Teo. He would be a great replacement for Parker but if we lose a couple of forwards to fit him in and then Parker retires the following year then we will just be killing our depth. It was our depth that got us to the grand final this year. Every time someone got injured or Wayne wanted to rest a player there was another genuine first grader ready to do the job. I'm still hoping our offer to Roberts was low because we aren't prepared to move anyone else on for him.

The picture you just posted sums up just how out of touch you are. It proves absolutely nothing, other then you had a conversation with someone claiming to know something. FFS.

Wasnt my convo. Like the other one. Family with family..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Bish
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • barker
  • eggstar10
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • ChewThePhatt
  • RolledOates
  • Galah
  • Mister Wright
  • Xzei
  • GCBRONCO
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.