Jarod Mullen?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
So with this talk of Wayne coming back to Brissy in 2015, I'm wondering if we could use him to lure Mullen up here alone with Boyd? He seems like a decent enough half, at least good enough to partner Milford next year if Milf does indeed play in the 7 with Barba at the back.

Mullen is off contract this year.

I honestly don't see a place for Boyd. Mullen on the other hand would be a good pick up (assuming we are no chance of DCE).

a spine of:

1. Barba
6. Mullen
7. Milford
9. Macca

could be dominant for years to come and you could certainly build a premiership winning team around it. But assuming we could lure Mullen here, Boyd would have to be happy with wing or center, because i don't think he is better than anyone in that spine i listed

that doesn't mean we shouldn't make him an offer to see if we can tempt him away from the Knights

Where would Boyd play?

If Bennett is here, I can see him being able to lure Mullen to the club.

Where would Boyd play?

Depth signing for the outside backs. He can play on the wing as he does during Origin regularly and if Barba goes down injured, he can move to the back so Milf can stay in the halves.

Where would Boyd play?

if we signed Boyd i would have him wing or center ... i don't think he will make a great 5/8 (as he is supposedly playing there for the Knights) and IMO Barba is the better fullback

Bennett is getting paid $2.5m for this year and $2.5m for next year, he won't be returning for 2015, at which point Mullen will have re-signed for several more years, can't see it happening.

Bennett's next move if he does choose to continue to coach after the knights ( retirement is getting closer) will be to the warriors.... Eric Watson has tried before and has been close so he will have a crack again to lure him across the ditch. The only issue will be Bennett's family.

Bennett's next move if he does choose to continue to coach after the knights ( retirement is getting closer) will be to the warriors.... Eric Watson has tried before and has been close so he will have a crack again to lure him across the ditch. The only issue will be Bennett's family.

I don't think so. Bennett can't be that far away from considering retirement and I reckon he would want to end it where it began, at home.

Games played by year

2005 - 8
2006 - 15
2007 - 12
2008 - 21
2009 - 23
2010 - 21
2011 - 21
2012 - 24
2013 - 26

I rate him pretty damn highly, reckon he's the 2nd best NSW half behind Carney. Fantastic kicking game (which we completely lack) really helps too. Can't see him leaving Newcastle though.

I also rate him very highly, he'd be awesome with Milford in the halves.

We had a better chance of signing Smith and that didn't happen did it.

Games played by year

2005 - 8
2006 - 15
2007 - 12
2008 - 21
2009 - 23
2010 - 21
2011 - 21
2012 - 24
2013 - 26

He's played a lot more than i thought. Maybe he just gets injured at key parts of the season.

Active Now

• Johnny92
  • Skathen
  • Astro
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Aldo
  • Battler
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.