Jarrod Wallace

Allo

Allo

State of Origin Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 28, 2012
I mean, can you honestly see the likes of J. Wallace playing apart in a premiership?

We'll never know when he's warming a bench for 80 minutes. Granted Hook knew how high the stakes were, even for a first round game, and decided to keep experience on the field over fresh legged-youth/inexperience. So in a way you can't begrudge him there as we won. But I really hope his bench usage improves. And not just in games that we've won by the 60th minute (let's hope there's plenty!). Making an impact at QCup is one thing, but if they can rise to the NRL challenge, that's when you know you have at least a decent player on your hands. Let them loose and try and cause some unexpected damage. So many Sydney clubs just grab these kids from anywhere and we trot out the same guys from the past 3-5 years or old player signings from other clubs for a combined 30 minutes a game. And they're all 'tacklers' or 'absorbers' i.e. Stagg, Lowrie. Hala could be an x-factor if he for once stops getting injured and gets fit enough (however 2x10-15 stints a game shouldn't be too much to expect really). J Wallace has played 5 games since his 2012 debut. Can't really judge him on that. Kid's only 22, 6ft 2in and 106kg. Surely we can turn him into something. Maybe we need all our forwards to undergo 'Angry Camp" with someone like Tallis. Get them fired up a bit so that if they don't have as much natural football skill they can at least hurt the opposition and bend/ break the line (Although Kennedy doesn't need that I think :mad2: haha)

(ps feel free to move if you deem appropriate)

Re: 2014 Halves Pairing

Wallace is only young for a prop, and what I like about him he's a no nance one at that plus he barely misses at tackle which is a pro for the worst miss tackling team in the comp.

Tallis as forwards coach would be the best thing for our pack

Thought I'd spare the 2014 halves thread.

Look I see your points and Wallace may develop into a handy prop down the line but I severely have my doubts.

For starters, his defence is lousy. He has a lot of technical problems, including his lateral defence and it creates a ton of holes in our defence. He also lacks a lot of discipline and likes to lay in the ruck which can become problematic.

The only feature of his game that I see potential in is his ability to bend the line but even then, I think he's a poor man's Hala who in turn is a poor man's Masoe. Is it possible to skip the middle man and just recruit big ol Mose?

Back to Wallace, I just think we have better prospects. I believe Ofahengaue and Molo have issues to fix in their game too, they're not perfect but they have better upside too and it's better to blood these players with these attributes than percevere with a bloke who simply isn't much more than an ordinary forward.

Especially when the role doesn't call for much experience and is perfect to blood players through.

You have a good point, however they are so young and qld experience can't hurt them so they are not lost by being thrown in the deep end. But no doubt they are the future, especially molo he's petros replacement.

What we would all love is for dodds to be able to play I thought he was on to something last year about to emerge as the prop they all said he would be.

Wallace is young and sure he has flaws but he is a solid runner and although defensively he isn't moving with the defence line, he has quite a good tackling rate, one stage last year on several occasions he made 15+ tackles with none missed which is good, klemmer only made 5 tackles against us last week and he does a similar role (granted he got on the field)

David hala is a great player but watching him play in qld cup round 1 against PNG he was trying to do too much, dropped the ball a lot, twice going for a try and got lazy in defence, when he came onto the field he helped changed redcliffe's momentum but he gets lost in nrl at times and we can't afford that if he is going to be a strike front rower unless he is consistent and fundamentals are a strong which the are with Wallace

Yeah, I'd prefer Ofangahhaheaheaneanfane or Molo.

Hala is shit. There you go, I've said it.

He's pure size - no brain or agility. Massive body but doesn't know how to use it. He's been on the radar for 4 or 5 seasons, and had one good game.

He's too unfit, and his 12 minutes of 1 maybe 2 super hit-ups, 5 tackles (where he tackles around the legs everytime) and 5 missed tackles is not good enough. And, like the rest of our forwards he always loses the ruck, so his super hit ups are nullified.

He's no George Rose build impact player.

I'd rather a utility like Granville or an nippy back like Nikorima on the bench, or another rising prop like Jarrod Wallace being blooded for 15 minutes a game.

All the pundits are saying the new rules mean a faster game, no place for pure size.

Hala is shit. There you go, I've said it.

He's pure size - no brain or agility. Massive body but doesn't know how to use it. He's been on the radar for 4 or 5 seasons, and had one good game.

He's too unfit, and his 12 minutes of 1 maybe 2 super hit-ups, 5 tackles (where he tackles around the legs everytime) and 5 missed tackles is not good enough. And, like the rest of our forwards he always loses the ruck, so his super hit ups are nullified.

He's no George Rose build impact player.

I'd rather a utility like Granville or an nippy back like Nikorima on the bench, or another rising prop like Jarrod Wallace being blooded for 15 minutes a game.

All the pundits are saying the new rules mean a faster game, no place for pure size.

I would like for the big guy to prove you wrong, but I'll admit to feeling the same at times. Ditto for Wallace.

Wish we had someone like Taumalolo on the bench. Power running, athleticism and the ability to play bigger minutes.

Hopefully some of the young guys like Molo kick on and get a shot this year.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Sproj
  • Griffo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • Lostboy
  • Lozza
  • Stix
  • mystico
  • Mustafur
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Tmac
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.