Jarryd Hayne Conviction Overturned

Well. Certainly interesting now. I suspect he may have been unfairly treated by the process in general and that he may not have been totally to blame. I mean there's probably her version, his version and the exact truth not resident in either. Fortunately the courts are pretty thorough and exacting in these kind of cases. It won't surprise if he doesn't face court again and there's no further action.

Jarryd Hayne should be shot, raped and hung but in no particular order.

Who the **** would spell Jarrod or Jarrad..... Jarryd???
Shoot them too!!

Sorry... Na **** it! Not sorry!

I can hear the words marquee signing already. I Sounds like a technicality to me anyway, I’d say he’s clutching at straws finding any legal avenue possible.

Well. Certainly interesting now. I suspect he may have been unfairly treated by the process in general and that he may not have been totally to blame. I mean there's probably her version, his version and the exact truth not resident in either. Fortunately the courts are pretty thorough and exacting in these kind of cases. It won't surprise if he doesn't face court again and there's no further action.
The article does make mention the judge may decide to acquit him given it's a third trial but I have zero idea how this stuff works.

Maybe @lynx000 can chime in.

Turn out for the phins in 2023?
He'd be 34, given there's not much to do in jail he may even be in good enough shape to run out next year if he's free.

Imagine the media frenzy if a club did go near him though, lol.

The article does make mention the judge may decide to acquit him given it's a third trial but I have zero idea how this stuff works.

Maybe @lynx000 can chime in.
Hi there, chiming in.

The article refers to a submission made by Hayne's barrister during the appeal hearing that instead of ordering a re-trial the Court of Appeal could make a directed verdict of acquittal. The Court of Appeal apparently rejected that submission given that they have remitted the matter for a re-hearing in the District Court.

It will now be a matter for the DPP to consider whether it is justifiable in the public interest to go a third time. If there had been a hung jury second time around, it is likely that the DPP would adopt the same approach as in the JDB trial and determine that it was not in the public interest. In circumstances where they got a verdict of guilt second time around, that may encourage them to run it again.

Hi there, chiming in.

The article refers to a submission made by Hayne's barrister during the appeal hearing that instead of ordering a re-trial the Court of Appeal could make a directed verdict of acquittal. The Court of Appeal apparently rejected that submission given that they have remitted the matter for a re-hearing in the District Court.

It will now be a matter for the DPP to consider whether it is justifiable in the public interest to go a third time. If there had been a hung jury second time around, it is likely that the DPP would adopt the same approach as in the JDB trial and determine that it was not in the public interest. In circumstances where they got a verdict of guilt second time around, that may encourage them to run it again.
Legend, appreciate the response. Given the second trial has been deemed invalid, would he be eligible for bail or is it a case by case thing? IIRC he was on bail until the guilty verdict last time

Legend, appreciate the response. Given the second trial has been deemed invalid, would he be eligible for bail or is it a case by case thing? IIRC he was on bail until the guilty verdict last time
He would be eligible for bail and given that I am not aware of any breaches of bail by him, it is highly likely he would be successful.

The other potential option I did not mention is that his legal team apply for a permanent stay of the prosecution on the basis that it is now simply not possible for him to get a fair trial given the publicity that the other two trials and the appeal have received.

I think there was elements of both parties' stories that seemed to gel with me. While Hayne more than likely thought he was a superstar and women were just falling for him everywhere, the female in question should have been telling him to get lost from the get go. She knew he was in a relationship so why try to cheat on the side?

The offense (although serious) was not rape and he had been invited into her bedroom. I think the shit he has gone through after the 'event' and the huge reality check he has copped while doing some porridge probably fits the crime. His reputation (in NSW) has been ruined beyond redemption. So I'd have no qualms if a judge decided it was not possible for him to get a fair trial after all the publicity and called it quits.

Frankly though - The sooner I hear less of him the better.

I think there was elements of both parties' stories that seemed to gel with me. While Hayne more than likely thought he was a superstar and women were just falling for him everywhere, the female in question should have been telling him to get lost from the get go. She knew he was in a relationship so why try to cheat on the side?

The offense (although serious) was not rape and he had been invited into her bedroom. I think the shit he has gone through after the 'event' and the huge reality check he has copped while doing some porridge probably fits the crime. His reputation (in NSW) has been ruined beyond redemption. So I'd have no qualms if a judge decided it was not possible for him to get a fair trial after all the publicity and called it quits.

Frankly though - The sooner I hear less of him the better.
I'm leaning this way. Jarryd needed a reality check. The time served, and the drama associated has tarred and feathered him. He's finished in the public domain. With whatever money and skills he has left, focus on his new family. If he pops up on the police radar again, out the back of the woodshed with him.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • ivanhungryjak
  • leon.bott
  • rj9
  • NSW stables
  • Battler
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncorob
  • john1420
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Foordy
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Rowdy124
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Gaz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Tmac
  • Xzei
  • Bucking Beads
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.