Jason Demetriou vs Kevin Walters

B

Broncojim

NYC Player
Jul 9, 2011
Hindsight if Jason Demetriou had taken over as coach of the Broncos as Wayne Bennett had planned are the Broncos fortunes different?

JD has got the bunnies to a prelim understandably different teams but if JD is the Broncos coach are we performing better?

Hindsight if Jason Demetriou had taken over as coach of the Broncos as Wayne Bennett had planned are the Broncos fortunes different?

JD has got the bunnies to a prelim understandably different teams but if JD is the Broncos coach are we performing better?
Don’t waste our time with this what if bullshit. Jason inherited a Grand final team that lost Gagai and Reynolds as his choice and came 7th on the ladder. The Chooks finals game was nothing special, in fact I argue that if the ref didn’t ruin the game and the Chooks best player didn’t end up being Suaalii - who didn’t play that well - for the better half of the game than they would have been first round exits. To be fair the Sharks win last week was pretty impressive. But the reality is the team was performing like a shit sandwhich until he got Latrell back who had about 9+ months of not playing footy to have a break get his mind rigjt and get physically right. Don’t really think to many people could do much worse in those conditions.

Kev inherited a wooden spoon side and without being an amazing coach has gotten them to 9th in 2 seasons.

Really it should be JD vs Pies. At the end of the day the two sides are not comparable. Who knows how JD would have gone after Wayne moved on if they both stayed here and never left. I would believe the side would have been in a better position and likely JD would have taken over a much more game ready squad but the clubs progress in regards to the office side would be unchanged and likely even worse off.

I like JD he seems to be a good likeable bloke but he hasn't done anything yet. Essentially he is in the position Pies was at Souths. He has good players at a stable club with a decent office who seem to function well so his job is not the most difficult. I would like to see where he is at in three years to really rate him.

Kev on the other hand is at a club who from the back to the front is unstable and in a period of change. Kevs job is a lot harder than a lot would give him credit for. He will be in year three next year and that will be his defining year.

JD is doing well but he was one loss away from missing the 8. If you look at all post-Bennett teams usually they go alright year 1, it’s the second season after he’s left where the wheels fall off. I’ll withhold my judgement until next season - that is when we will really know if he’s broken the Bennett curse.

Yay another pointless thread about Kev... cant wait till he's sacked so people can complain about how our next rookie coach also cant get anything out of this playing group.

I said it earlier in the year when people were giving JD shit it's too early and it still is. This time next year we'll have a better indication of who may have been the right choice.

That being said, if we still had Paul White we'd be worse off in the long run and I think the WB saga is what made Paul White **** off so you win some, you lose some.

Different kettle of fish for sides inherited. Seibold was picked over Demetrio anyways not Kev.

Jason Demitriou would have gotten us into the finals.

Theres a reason every where JD goes there is success, it's because the fucker can coach. He was probably the most overqualified guy to never coach an NRL side.

Another Paul White pineapple up our ass. That guy has set this club back 10 years.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Mustafur
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Matheos
  • Bish
  • bb_gun
  • Culhwch
  • BruiserMk1
  • Organix
  • BroncosAlways
  • Jazza
  • GCBRONCO
  • Wolfie
  • Financeguy
  • Galah
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Strop
  • HarryAllan7
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.