Jaydn Su'A re-signs with the Broncos

Sua is a left edge player too yeah? He's just been playing on the right as cover for Gillo I think...Can't wait to see what he can do once he has a few games under his belt and Wayne let's him off the leash.
Just need TPJ in the 13 now with McGuire back to starting prop and we have ourselves the best pack in the comp.

Nrl 360 calling out our cap tonight and in the same show defending The Roorters. Unbelievable, its a crime to keep your own players, but going around buying everyone else's talent is just good business.

Nrl 360 calling out our cap tonight and in the same show defending The Roorters. Unbelievable, its a crime to keep your own players, but going around buying everyone else's talent is just good business.

our entire top 30 could have played a grand total of 0 first grade games combined and those imbeciles would still go around claiming we cheat the cap

our entire top 30 could have played a grand total of 0 first grade games combined and those imbeciles would still go around claiming we cheat the cap

If you take into consideration the amount of rookies that we have and players that have debut this year how could we possibly be cheating the cap.
Bloody tossers

This is particularly galling considering how many of our players are development players or players cast from other clubs. Look at last week's team:-
Isaako - Cronulla cast off, bought as a development player
Oates - developed
Boyd - developed, left, came back
Roberts - fair enough he was bought but only after massive titans stuff up.
Kahu - developed
Milf - bought fair enough
Knick - developed
Lodge - cast off reject
Macca - developed
Thaiday - developed
Glenn - developed
Tpj - developed, after Canberra cast off
Maguire - developed
I count 2 players that didn't play as development plsyers with us. I suspect Melbourne and even Parra have more. If we are punished for bringing players through, we may as well shut up shop.
Sure some were poached as kids, but every other club has done the same. That's why origin exists!

I had to laugh at this. Give us cooper cronk and tedesco then. Let us sign 2 international wingers. Let us not develop any players. For every top 17 player we sign we release 2-3 every year. We get called out on our cap for re-signing players but no mention that we released sims and thaiday is retiring and are possibly losing oates. The roosters just signed 2 recent international wingers without anyone getting released or retiring and last year signed the players player of 2017 (tedesco) and one of the greatest players of the last 15 years in cronk and nothing is said by the media!

Kent said “why do the roosters always get picked on?! Look at the broncos!”. The roosters dont get “picked on” AT ALL by ANYONE in the media, its the public who sees through their cap bs. The broncos on the other hand get HAMMERED by the media yet develop more players then most clubs could even dream of......

Last edited:
I had to laugh at this. Give us cooper cronk and tedesco then. Let us sign 2 international wingers. Let us not develop any players. For every top 17 player we sign we release 2-3 every year. We get called out on our cap for re-signing players but no mention that we released sims and thaiday is retiring and are possibly losing oates. The roosters just signed 2 recent international wingers without anyone getting released or retiring and last year signed the players player of 2017 (tedesco) and one of the greatest players of the last 15 years in cronk and nothing is said by the media!

Kent said “why do the roosters always get picked on?! Look at the broncos!”. The roosters dont get “picked on” AT ALL by ANYONE in the media, its the public who sees through their cap bs. The broncos on the other hand get HAMMERED by the media yet develop more players then most clubs could even dream of......

They’re losing Ferguson. Who was not on massive money because he was on thin ice and a gamble.

But yeah, typical Roosters signing. Lose one rep winger, sign two rep wingers and a rep back rower. Nothing to see here.

The Roosters might get picked on by opposition fans but only because:

1) they lose a fringe play, then claim they have enough money to sign several rep players.
2) claim they were able to sign Cooper Cronk for 650k

no other team even tries to do that because it simply isn't believable

Last edited:
Why do you say "Oates is as good as gone'?
Attitude giving a lot of people the sh*** now. Broncos potentially won't offer him as much money as others or the second row gig he wants.

The Roosters are a joke look at their side ffs, they're the Manchester City of the NRL, how can any Roosters fan be proud of that side, they've barely developed a player

Their spine.. 3/4 of them were bought in, 2 of which were poached at the peak of their careers, Cronk was a fall into their lap signing but none the less, they slotted him in and punted Mitchell Pearce who was the heart of that club, I hope Cronk retires and they're left with nothing but a rookie halfback, they deserve nothing more

This is particularly galling considering how many of our players are development players or players cast from other clubs. Look at last week's team:-
Isaako - Cronulla cast off, bought as a development player
Oates - developed
Boyd - developed, left, came back
Roberts - fair enough he was bought but only after massive titans stuff up.
Kahu - developed
Milf - bought fair enough
Knick - developed
Lodge - cast off reject
Macca - developed
Thaiday - developed
Glenn - developed
Tpj - developed, after Canberra cast off
Maguire - developed
I count 2 players that didn't play as development plsyers with us. I suspect Melbourne and even Parra have more. If we are punished for bringing players through, we may as well shut up shop.
Sure some were poached as kids, but every other club has done the same. That's why origin exists!

You can not count guys from other clubs as developed- Lodge, TPJ, Isaako, Milf, Roberts, and Joe have all been signed to other clubs and or played 20's or NRL somewhere else from the team last night.

You can not count guys from other clubs as developed- Lodge, TPJ, Isaako, Milf, Roberts, and Joe have all been signed to other clubs and or played 20's or NRL somewhere else from the team last night.
Ill give you milf and Roberts, but lodge was discarded, and isaako whilst from Cronulla was hardly the finished product. Tpj and Joe both plenty of time in the lower grades learning their craft with us. I would say both lodge and Roberts also learnt plenty in their time here, though I discount them as it was more development as men rather than players.
Yeah you could say they weren't our solely and I'd cop that, but there are plenty more elsewhere that are in the same boat, only starting here and moving on.
We don't have a mortgage on bringing through good players but I'd say we do more than most if not all.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Harry Sack
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mustafur
  • leon.bott
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • bazza
  • Redux
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.