Jaydn Su'A re-signs with the Broncos

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
https://www.broncos.com.au/news/2018/07/25/sua-signs-on-to-stay-a-bronco/

THE Broncos have locked up another major talent after exciting second rower Jaydn Su'A signed a new two-year contract with the club.

It continues a huge period of signing news for the Broncos, who also inked deals for Jamayne Isaako and Payne Haas last week.

Su'A was having a breakthrough year in the NRL, starting every week for the Broncos and even being called in to Queensland Origin camp as a development player.

He filled a huge hole in the Broncos' roster after international Matt Gillett sustained a serious neck injury early in the year, and was being chased by several other NRL clubs.

Su'A's year ended with a broken ankle against the Warriors two weeks ago, but the 22-year-old has given the Broncos a huge boost by locking in until the end of the 2020 season.

"I have just signed for two years for the Brisbane Broncos and it is pretty overwhelming," he said.

"I have two big years ahead of me now and I am really excited.

"Overall in the 2018 season I really enjoyed playing each and every week - that was my main goal for this year.

"And although I didn't finish off the season, I will be back."

Last edited:
As much as I like Glenn I see 2019 as his last year in Bronco colours unless he stays on for cheap. From our forward pack I think only Glenn and Joe are off contact next year. Joe getting an upgrade id a given, and it'll probably be Glenn's money he gets.

I like the way the they have staggered the contracts, means we won't see so much talent on the open market any time soon.

it'll probably be Glenn's money he gets.

He wouldn't be able to just "get Glenns money", as Glenn is reportedly on a relatively small contract, this would need to be replaced in the 30 by someone on a minimum of 100k

Cue the Curious Mail storyline with Su'a signs for two more years with the Broncos for $2.4 million and has a stipulation inserted in his contract that if Wayne Bennett is not there in 2020 he is free to talk to rival clubs. I've obviously just made that up off the top of my head, but I expect it to be pretty close to the mark.

On a serious note though, it's great news as he has all the makings of a really great damaging wide-running second rower. Put it this way there are already seasoned NRL players who would rather run at anyone else when carting the ball up.

tpj and oates to go
TPJ is a done deal to stay, just waiting on manager.
Oates is good as gone barring a massive attitude change + 1 or 2 others that’ll come out.

Last edited:
I wonder if they are thinking of TPJ as an edge 2nd rower or more of a middle forward. He seems like a gun in both positions, but we'll be having Su'a/Gillett/Glenn/Fifita competing for 2 or 3 edge spots.

Oates is good as gone barring a massive attitude change + 1 or 2 others that’ll come out.
Why do you say "Oates is as good as gone'?

That's a shame if so, but I guess of all of them, he's probably the most dispensable

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • Lurker
  • GCBRONCO
  • The True King
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morepudding
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • Socnorb
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Bucking Beads
  • barker
  • broncsgoat
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • Wolfie
  • Matheos
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.