NEWS Joan Taufua charged with manslaughter

I hope thats what he does.

I just have doubts because of his release request when we were winning.
Hope im wrong -_-

Haas and Patty as lifelong Broncos would be pretty sweet.
Patty 💯. Like a fine wine, he will get even better.
Haas - he learns to hit the ground and not
hold up our attack with the struggle none sense, wow.
That’s a 1-2 punch we can build on the next 7 years.

Oh....so it wasn't fresh news about Payne Haas's mother's situation....?

I see. 😞

Badel reports Payne has not yet visited his mother in jail. He interviews his father, Gregor, whose fingernails and toenails are covered in purple glitter nail polish, courtesy of his youngest child:

"You can blame that on Gypsy (seven years old). I haven’t had time to wipe it off.”​
“To be honest, seeing my wife in jail. What can I say, mate … it’s just fucked. I’m going through all sorts of emotions. You go through a period of grieving, but then you move on. I don’t mean move on as in not being with Joan anymore, but life has to move on. The kids have to go to school. I have to work. Otherwise everything falls apart."​
"The first four weeks when Joan was taken into custody were so hard. As a family, we have gone into our little shell in life. We have nothing to do with anyone really and it’s best that way. We have our little family unit and it’s my job to ensure the kids are safe and happy. I’m trying to stay as busy as I can. I do what I can to keep my mind off things.”​
“I get to see Joan once a week. I drive out Gatton way, there’s a women’s facility out there. I get one hour once a week to see her and we are also allowed one video call. It’s a long drive, plenty of time to think. I see her every Wednesday at 9 o’clock. I can’t touch her. Sometimes it’s behind a glass panel – like the movies – sometimes it’s not. They still enforce the 1.5 metres social-distancing thing with Covid, so if I try to hug her, the guards will run in and stop us. I never expected any of this. Life takes you on a journey you don’t expect. It can really toss you around.”​
“The hardest thing about life as a single parent is realising how much a mother does. Joan did so much day-to-day and I’m coping the best I can. I’m still trying to figure things out every day. Payne’s brother Klese and his partner help out and I have my 17-year-old daughter, who has taken on the role of a mini mum. We have learnt that if someone can’t do something, someone else has to step up."​
“You wouldn’t believe how proud I am of Aryan and Kaha. I would be absolutely fucked without them. We haven’t officially adopted them, but anyone who asks, they are my sons in our eyes. Anything I have needed through this period, they are there in the blink of an eye. The love they have showed us, they are a true part of the family.”​
“A mate of mine who lives in Bonogin sent me a photo of the crash. I can’t describe how I felt in that moment. I drove down there and saw the damage. It was five minutes from our place. I was bawling my eyes out. I thought the worst. The police officer told me Joan had been taken to Gold Coast hospital. They said, ‘Sorry, we don’t want to lie to you but we don’t know if she will survive this one’. The paramedics had to resuscitate her. When I first saw the accident, I honestly thought Joan was gone.”​
“I can’t talk about what actually happened for legal reasons, but the injuries to Joan were horrific. When I finally got to see her in hospital, her face was a mess. She has a metal plate in her chest. She damaged her back. Her tailbone. Both shoulders were stuffed. She is still recovering now in jail. I don’t know if they do rehab in jail. She is trying to rehabilitate herself. She still can’t put her arm up or anything like that. She’s not good emotionally … as you can imagine. Apart from Chace dying, that accident was the worst day of my life.”​

In 1999, Gregor and Joan were passengers in a car that slammed into a tree on a Canberra highway. The driver, a friend, was killed instantly. Joan, who was heavily pregnant at the time with Payne in her womb, stumbled out of the wreckage. Gregor, briefly unconscious, woke to find Joan holding their five-month-old son Chace, strapped into a baby seat in the back of the car. The impact of the crash snapped his spinal cord. Chace was a ventilated quadriplegic up until his sudden death at age 21 from respiratory failure in August 2020, a passing the Haas family did not expect.

“That’s why Payne has his first name and his middle name is Lucky. The pain of that moment and the fact he is lucky to be alive. When I look back now at that accident, I think , ‘How the **** did we get through all this? It changed our lives in a big way. It took us six months to recover from that crash. I still vividly remember staring at the tree right in front of me. It took ages for Chace to get a diagnosis. He was in hospital for a good 12 months. We knew from the moment he was old enough he would spend his life in a wheelchair.”​
“Raising a child with Chace’s disability, it was so hard. We’re not perfect, none of us are, but the Joan that I know is a loving mother. All I can say is I love Joan to death and that will never change. I was 17 when we first met. When the kids are down, she brings them up. I will never meet another woman who loves their kids like Joan. People without disabled kids don’t understand how hard it was with Chace. Joan fought for him every day, taking him to doctors and changing his catheter. His death hit us hard. I remember one of the doctors saying, ‘Do you want to let him go?’ I said, ‘No way, I can’t kill my son’. In the end, we let him go as long as we could. We still think about him every day. Every day.”​
“People can be so critical these days. Social media is awful, they just hammer us on there. All the stuff you hear and read, I honestly don’t worry about it. With Payne in the media all the time, you figure out what’s right and wrong. We’re used to the attention in a way. For 20 years, people would stare at us with Chace and we’ve lived with judgment. It’s been very hard, but me and the kids are very tight. The tighter we stay the better. This is not what I ever expected, but the kids are going to school and I’m sorting things out. I guess you could say we’re all hands on deck. We’re coping the best we can.”​
“Payne has been through some tough times. He’s had some off-field incidents, but he knows how to separate things emotionally. He hasn’t tried to let this off-field stuff affect his football. He is playing great football for the Broncos this year. He has a great focus.”​

Would be nice to acknowledge the victims of the car crash. Sounds like Payne and now Klese as well are the financial supports of the family, no wonder Payne pushes for all the money he can get, especially with a moron manager too.

Given how he has reacted in the past with her nonsense it has to be commendable how he has handled this, to put it simply he has been raised by scum of the earth but he smartly has avoided any media on this and just focused on his game and boy has be played well, in career best from and easily the best player in the game from a positional stand point.

For any criticism you may have for the bloke I just look at his upbringing and the uphill battle it would be being from that family to be a decent human being, it's not the same for any one else in our team, I know from experience dealing with people in my life what a uphill battle it is for someone in a similar situation in your most crucial years of life development being around scum and somehow being halfway normal is a miracle it can not be understated, those with a good family life can not compare.

Some might use the Nicho Hynes example but his mum was a decent person outside of being a drug addict, that was her downfall, Haas's mum was just scum from day 1.

Badel reports Payne has not yet visited his mother in jail. He interviews his father, Gregor, whose fingernails and toenails are covered in purple glitter nail polish, courtesy of his youngest child:

"You can blame that on Gypsy (seven years old). I haven’t had time to wipe it off.”​
“To be honest, seeing my wife in jail. What can I say, mate … it’s just fucked. I’m going through all sorts of emotions. You go through a period of grieving, but then you move on. I don’t mean move on as in not being with Joan anymore, but life has to move on. The kids have to go to school. I have to work. Otherwise everything falls apart."​
"The first four weeks when Joan was taken into custody were so hard. As a family, we have gone into our little shell in life. We have nothing to do with anyone really and it’s best that way. We have our little family unit and it’s my job to ensure the kids are safe and happy. I’m trying to stay as busy as I can. I do what I can to keep my mind off things.”​
“I get to see Joan once a week. I drive out Gatton way, there’s a women’s facility out there. I get one hour once a week to see her and we are also allowed one video call. It’s a long drive, plenty of time to think. I see her every Wednesday at 9 o’clock. I can’t touch her. Sometimes it’s behind a glass panel – like the movies – sometimes it’s not. They still enforce the 1.5 metres social-distancing thing with Covid, so if I try to hug her, the guards will run in and stop us. I never expected any of this. Life takes you on a journey you don’t expect. It can really toss you around.”​
“The hardest thing about life as a single parent is realising how much a mother does. Joan did so much day-to-day and I’m coping the best I can. I’m still trying to figure things out every day. Payne’s brother Klese and his partner help out and I have my 17-year-old daughter, who has taken on the role of a mini mum. We have learnt that if someone can’t do something, someone else has to step up."​
“You wouldn’t believe how proud I am of Aryan and Kaha. I would be absolutely fucked without them. We haven’t officially adopted them, but anyone who asks, they are my sons in our eyes. Anything I have needed through this period, they are there in the blink of an eye. The love they have showed us, they are a true part of the family.”​
“A mate of mine who lives in Bonogin sent me a photo of the crash. I can’t describe how I felt in that moment. I drove down there and saw the damage. It was five minutes from our place. I was bawling my eyes out. I thought the worst. The police officer told me Joan had been taken to Gold Coast hospital. They said, ‘Sorry, we don’t want to lie to you but we don’t know if she will survive this one’. The paramedics had to resuscitate her. When I first saw the accident, I honestly thought Joan was gone.”​
“I can’t talk about what actually happened for legal reasons, but the injuries to Joan were horrific. When I finally got to see her in hospital, her face was a mess. She has a metal plate in her chest. She damaged her back. Her tailbone. Both shoulders were stuffed. She is still recovering now in jail. I don’t know if they do rehab in jail. She is trying to rehabilitate herself. She still can’t put her arm up or anything like that. She’s not good emotionally … as you can imagine. Apart from Chace dying, that accident was the worst day of my life.”​

In 1999, Gregor and Joan were passengers in a car that slammed into a tree on a Canberra highway. The driver, a friend, was killed instantly. Joan, who was heavily pregnant at the time with Payne in her womb, stumbled out of the wreckage. Gregor, briefly unconscious, woke to find Joan holding their five-month-old son Chace, strapped into a baby seat in the back of the car. The impact of the crash snapped his spinal cord. Chace was a ventilated quadriplegic up until his sudden death at age 21 from respiratory failure in August 2020, a passing the Haas family did not expect.

“That’s why Payne has his first name and his middle name is Lucky. The pain of that moment and the fact he is lucky to be alive. When I look back now at that accident, I think , ‘How the **** did we get through all this? It changed our lives in a big way. It took us six months to recover from that crash. I still vividly remember staring at the tree right in front of me. It took ages for Chace to get a diagnosis. He was in hospital for a good 12 months. We knew from the moment he was old enough he would spend his life in a wheelchair.”​
“Raising a child with Chace’s disability, it was so hard. We’re not perfect, none of us are, but the Joan that I know is a loving mother. All I can say is I love Joan to death and that will never change. I was 17 when we first met. When the kids are down, she brings them up. I will never meet another woman who loves their kids like Joan. People without disabled kids don’t understand how hard it was with Chace. Joan fought for him every day, taking him to doctors and changing his catheter. His death hit us hard. I remember one of the doctors saying, ‘Do you want to let him go?’ I said, ‘No way, I can’t kill my son’. In the end, we let him go as long as we could. We still think about him every day. Every day.”​
“People can be so critical these days. Social media is awful, they just hammer us on there. All the stuff you hear and read, I honestly don’t worry about it. With Payne in the media all the time, you figure out what’s right and wrong. We’re used to the attention in a way. For 20 years, people would stare at us with Chace and we’ve lived with judgment. It’s been very hard, but me and the kids are very tight. The tighter we stay the better. This is not what I ever expected, but the kids are going to school and I’m sorting things out. I guess you could say we’re all hands on deck. We’re coping the best we can.”​
“Payne has been through some tough times. He’s had some off-field incidents, but he knows how to separate things emotionally. He hasn’t tried to let this off-field stuff affect his football. He is playing great football for the Broncos this year. He has a great focus.”​
There is a lot to unpack there and many times I, as I’m sure anyone who reads this, wanted to respond but the less said the better I think.

I feel so bad for what Payne must have gone through and continues to go through in dealing with these people.

On another note, not trying to be brash, but is Greg the biological father?

Danny Devito and Arnie seemed like more believable relatives in Twins than these 2

Would be nice to acknowledge the victims of the car crash. Sounds like Payne and now Klese as well are the financial supports of the family, no wonder Payne pushes for all the money he can get, especially with a moron manager too.

There seems to be something going on with the Haas family. Payne had an article about it a few weeks ago, Then Kelse, now the father. Seems to be a bit of a push to get them some sympathy.

There seems to be something going on with the Haas family. Payne had an article about it a few weeks ago, Then Kelse, now the father. Seems to be a bit of a push to get them some sympathy.
If they want some sympathy or at least less criticism when the time comes they should get Joan to plead guilty and save everyone the agony of a trial. Don't know if this will happen though.

If they want some sympathy or at least less criticism when the time comes they should get Joan to plead guilty and save everyone the agony of a trial. Don't know if this will happen though.

I dont have any sympathy for the woman. I feel sorry for a lot of the younger kids though tbh. I feel a lot of Sympathy for the people who lost their lives and their family. You dont really hear too much outside of the Mother, Payne and that Uncle really with bad behaviour.

There was another article attached to the father's statement in the CM. It was from the daughter of the woman killed.

The first thing she said was how deeply sad she is for the Hass family and the pain they are going through. She then went on to add that it is very challenging reading all the articles from the Hass family.

She added that her life is now full of sadness, emptiness and loss.

Coming into mother's day .. she says that now she is the only one who in her family that can be called Mum.

The daughter exhibits so much grace while her heartache & grief has to be so overwhelming.

Doesn't get any more harrowing that that.

While I understand that legal counsel would have told the family not to mention the incident itself .. or express any kind of condolences or anything that could be, in any way, construed as an apology .. because that can then be used as an admission of guilt .. the Hass family, out of a silent respect to the victims, dead and alive .. should not have said anything at all.

While I absolutely adore Payne .. I really resent his father's selfish, self-serving and self-centered thoughts he has expressed on his hardships. He should walk a few steps in the victim's daughters shoes ... then come back and tell us how he really feels.

Any compassion I might have felt for him, has very quickly dissipated.

He should also spend his spare time securing some quality therapy for the children in his care, instead of going for the sympathy vote in such a public forum.

While I absolutely adore Payne .. I really resent his father's selfish, self-serving and self-centered thoughts he has expressed on his hardships. He should walk a few steps in the victim's daughters shoes ... then come back and tell us how he really feels.

Any compassion I might have felt for him, has very quickly dissipated.

He should also spend his spare time securing some quality therapy for the children in his care, instead of going for the sympathy vote in such a public forum.
Yes...after reading that article, Payne's Dad is a shitcunt too....IMO.

Crying about his own situation!!
......how about the poor families life's your shitcunt of a wife destroyed mate.

Arrogant wanker.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Brocko
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Justwin
  • Organix
  • broncos4life
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosgirl
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • Mr Fourex
... and 26 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.